Do you use screen protector for the iPad Pro?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For those of you with the iPad Pro, do you use a screen protector for it? If so, which one? I'm using my iPad Pro with the smart keyboard and thinking I may want to get a screen protector for it (to protect it from my kids) and maybe even a skin for the back of the iPad since the keyboard doesn't protect the back for the iPad. Wondering what you all do?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
For those of you with the iPad Pro, do you use a screen protector for it? If so, which one? I'm using my iPad Pro with the smart keyboard and thinking I may want to get a screen protector for it (to protect it from my kids) and maybe even a skin for the back of the iPad since the keyboard doesn't protect the back for the iPad. Wondering what you all do?

nope and nope my kids have ipad minis they dont touch my pro LOL

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
No I don't, even with using the pencil I don't see any difference in my screen that would make me get one to this point

auldyin

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a cover with built in stand which facilitates it sitting on my lap and allowing me to easily type on screen keyboard. Protects both back and front.
I neither need nor want the Pen or Keyboard. It's much like damage to your car. It's not so much the cost of repairs it's the bloody inconvenience of getting it fixed. I also got a screen protector which is good and much for the same reason as the car analogy.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1451759417.959477.jpgI had a Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad in my closet. It works great. The keyboard's case converts into a stand and fits easily in my backpack. I'm glad I got it as I'm not sure Logitech still sells it.

cschmach

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Spigen tempered glass screen protector off of Amazon and it works well. I haven't encountered any issues using my Apple Pencil with it and it reduces fingerprint marks. It also still allow me to use my Urban Armor Gear (UAG) case and Apple Smart Keyboard combo without any issues. I've used Zagg in the past and would say this screen protector feels the exactly the same, but at a lower price.

Amazon Spigen screen protector link:
Robot Check

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Dont use one. I mainly use it to draw/sketch with my Apple Pencil and I fear screen protectors would downgrade that experience. And I have AppleCare+ so I don't have to worry about these things :)

paulrubin3

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iPad 1, 2, 3, Air, Air 2 and Pro, Mini and Mini 4. Some were sold. Some are in service with the kids. I still use the Pro, Air 2 and Mini 4. Not ONE of them every got a scratch or a broken screen. On my Pro, I have both Apple covers (with and without the keyboard) and the Apple Silicone Case. Depends on my mood and plans. Would NEVER EVER add a screen cover. Ditto with my iPhones from 4 through 6S Plus. Only device that ever got a scratch was the 5 and Apple replaced that via the warranty. They're mobile devices. I do have insurance or AppleCare+ on them routinely but that scratch and a single battery replacement were the only instances where they came in handy. That being said, I do oversee about 900 of them at work for a 1:1 deployment program for middle school. And all 100 teachers have them. Some people are klutzes. Some are not. If you fall into the former category, doesn't matter what you use. You'll screw it up. Children generally drop them to the average of 50 per year out of the 900 so we have them make the repairs or give us the money to do so. AppleCare + and the deductible times all the iPads is not cost effective based on those percentages.

gigatigga01

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I want to get a screen protector but I too am worried that it might degrade the apple pencil experience. Has anyone noticed any differences? Has anyone used the pencil for awhile without the screen protector and then added one to compare?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought a Spigen tempered glass screen protector off of Amazon and it works well. I haven't encountered any issues using my Apple Pencil with it and it reduces fingerprint marks. It also still allow me to use my Urban Armor Gear (UAG) case and Apple Smart Keyboard combo without any issues. I've used Zagg in the past and would say this screen protector feels the exactly the same, but at a lower price.

Amazon Spigen screen protector link:
Robot Check

I am not a fan of screen protectors on iPad's but I decided to try this since it was cheap. And my experience is it looks cheap. When the screen is off, you get these oil looking streaks on the screen. To anybody who is considering this, I would not recommend it. You get what you pay for.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit I'm really liking (if not loving) my Zagg tempered glass. I love knowing the screen won't get scratched and the Zagg hasn't diminished any touch sensitivity that I can discern. I guess different strokes for different folks.

cschmach

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been the complete opposite. I have used Zagg in the past and find this very comparable and not cheap feeling. In fact, I found the packaging and instructions better than the past Zagg protector/s I have used.

I don't like screen protectors either, but when I plan on using an object to repeatedly "scrape" the screen I usually apply one just to be safe. My Apple Pencil was occasionally getting caught up in the oil left from my hand when I didn't have the screen protector on it. I am having the opposite result as you. I find significantly less fingerprints and oils now and no Apple Pencil recognition or lagging issues.

I did go with this screen protector because of the cheaper price; just in case it ended up being garbage or caused an issue with the Apple Pencil. However, I have been completely satisfied with it; especially for the price of it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I installed a tech armor protector tonight. Nearly impossible to install without getting a speck of lint under it bc the screen is so dang big. It looks nice. Liking it so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR