iPad Pro come in 32GB & 128GB; why no 64GB??

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
It's probably some very calculated analysis either doing with performance or cost analysis. It's like the iPhone 6 and 6s having 16, 64, 128 but know 32 anymore.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
iPad Pro come in 32GB & 128GB; why no 64GB??

It's probably some very calculated analysis either doing with performance or cost analysis. It's like the iPhone 6 and 6s having 16, 64, 128 but know 32 anymore.

+1

They prolly figured that if you're a "cloud"-type that the smallest storage is more than adequate and if you prefer having things local you'll opt for the higher storage option. It keeps them from having too many different configurations in inventory.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It does seem odd, but I think they knew trying to put the 16GB out there would be an issue ;) You're either going in up to your knees with the 32GB and doing a lot of cloud stuff, or going all in with the 128GB and storing more locally.
I have a 32GB iPad Mini because I thought I'd need it (it's the first gen, so 32GB was the mid-level) but have not used half. We've been doing more iTunes movies since getting the 4th gen Apple TV so I could see using the space for movies/TV shows for trips, etc. Otherwise 32GB is more than enough for me.

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I know that a 64gb exists because the ones they have on display in the apple store are 64gb. I had to check 2 or 3 of them to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but sure enough to after going to settings/general/about and looking at capacity, it said something close to 64.

It is quite odd that they would have them on display, but not for sale to customers. As some have said before, it is probably a calculated decision on apple's part.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I know that a 64gb exists because the ones they have on display in the apple store are 64gb. I had to check 2 or 3 of them to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but sure enough to after going to settings/general/about and looking at capacity, it said something close to 64.

It is quite odd that they would have them on display, but not for sale to customers. As some have said before, it is probably a calculated decision on apple's part.

64Gb is the sweet spot for me. I don't really need any more and I don't want any less. If I was going to go for an iPad Pro, I guess I would have to go for the 128Gb version. Maybe Apple have realised that as apps and data take up more room, juuuuust tipping folks over to the next size iPad is far more preferable.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
64Gb is the sweet spot for me. I don't really need any more and I don't want any less. If I was going to go for an iPad Pro, I guess I would have to go for the 128Gb version. Maybe Apple have realised that as apps and data take up more room, juuuuust tipping folks over to the next size iPad is far more preferable.

Same here. My old iPad has 64GB of storage. 32GB is just too small, so 128GB had to be my pick. It's pricey, though.

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I ended up picking up a 128GB cellular option + wifi for $825. Although, it was one month or so used this thing you would never tell! Highly, highly, worth the price. I have been using this thing everyday and don't even use my laptop anymore. Just need to find someone to buy the thing now. ;)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I ended up picking up a 128GB cellular option + wifi for $825. Although, it was one month or so used this thing you would never tell! Highly, highly, worth the price. I have been using this thing everyday and don't even use my laptop anymore. Just need to find someone to buy the thing now. ;)

I had ordered the iPad Pro, 128GB option and was very excited when I picked it up. Then I took it home and used it for a while and realized the thing was too big. I took it back and got an iPad Air 2. I never thought that I would think that it would be too big, but it really is for me.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You are not meant to buy the lowest tier product in the Apple catalog. The second tier device in each category is meant to fit most people and also brings in a hefty profit margin. It's marketing basically, entice you with the lower price then convince you need the next step up.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I had ordered the iPad Pro, 128GB option and was very excited when I picked it up. Then I took it home and used it for a while and realized the thing was too big. I took it back and got an iPad Air 2. I never thought that I would think that it would be too big, but it really is for me.

I'm still deciding if the Pro is too big and I should take it back and get an Air 2 or if I should just keep it and get and Air 2 or Mini 4 too. I have until the 15th to decide.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm still deciding if the Pro is too big and I should take it back and get an Air 2 or if I should just keep it and get and Air 2 or Mini 4 too. I have until the 15th to decide.

I guess it depends on what you do with it. I like to read a lot and watch movies while laying in bed. It's too big to hold up for long periods of time.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you do with it. I like to read a lot and watch movies while laying in bed. It's too big to hold up for long periods of time.

For the house, that, plus a lot of browsing, is my usage case. The Smart Cover works to prop it up. ...love the way it handles movies (just watched Sicario last evening) with its unbeatable (in tablets anyways) stereo imaging and depth. I think I'll be keeping this iPP, just gotta decide whether I'll complement it with an Air 2 or Mini 4 for on-the-go replacing paper and such. I'm leaning towards an Air 2.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
For the house, that, plus a lot of browsing, is my usage case. The Smart Cover works to prop it up. ...love the way it handles movies (just watched Sicario last evening) with its unbeatable (in tablets anyways) stereo imaging and depth. I think I'll be keeping this iPP, just gotta decide whether I'll complement it with an Air 2 or Mini 4 for on-the-go replacing paper and such. I'm leaning towards an Air 2.

I would say for the way you are using it, that the size is a plus. I take my iPad everywhere I go. So to have something that big that I'm lugging around all the time is problematic. I also play games on it from time to time. So the smaller size makes it easier to wield for me.