Left-field Use for Logitech Create Keyboard Case...

sol95

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

First post here.

I got my iPad Pro on release day and have been using it with a Logitech Keys-to-Go bluetooth keyboard and a small plastic gizmo for a stand. I wasn't convinced the Apple Smart Cover with Keyboard was worth the price, nor something I'd get comfortable typing on. I was interested in the Logitech Create Keyboard Cover, but like the Apple option, thought it was a bit pricey for what it was.

I'm also very picky with my cases, and prefer a minimalist folio-style cover. For example, on my iPad Air 2, I was using the Felix Flipbook Air, which I loved. I've also pre-ordered the Pad & Quill Oxford Leather Cover. While it's the most expensive case I've bought for any of my i-devices, it's precisely what I was looking for and I'm really looking forward to receiving it late-Jan/early Feb.

In the meantime, however, in the post-Christmas sales here in Australia, I had a chance to pick the Logitech Create Keyboard Cover for half the retail price. I decided to pick it up for the discount price to use the rather bulky item as a make-do cover until I receive my Pad & Quill cover.

However, my main line of thought is somewhat left-field. I've searched online to see if anyone else has done this (or is considering this), but couldn't find anyone else considering doing this.

My plan is to actually slice off the cover component of the Logitech Create Keyboard Cover and use the keyboard alone as a free-standing smart keyboard for the iPad Pro in the Pad & Quill cover once I receive it.

Looking over the Logitech case itself, as far as I can tell, there does not seem to be any embedded components, circuitry, or wiring in the cover component. So I'm hoping I don't render a perfectly good keyboard case unusable!

What do you think?

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You're rolling the dice...that's for sure. Since the Keyboard has the new smart cover connections, there may indeed be some type of circuitry in the case.

How are you going to use the keyboard as a standalone? The iPad pro will still need to be connected to the keyboard and you'll need to prop it up with something.

sol95

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Logitech case as-is right now, but am awaiting the case from Pad & Quill, which folds to prop the iPad Pro at a few different angles

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2