iPad Pro - Dead spot on digitizer..?

iprofun

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I also encountered this issue as others have reported on reddit and in Apple's discussion forums.

What's been determined is that the issue was introduced with iOS 9.2 and that it does NOT occur with the Apple Pencil.

All the iPad Pros may be afflicted with this, but you'll only observe it after upgrading to 9.2+ and by using a normal capacitive stylus or very light touch with your finger.

I doubt that the issue started after upgrading to 9.2 since they my two Ipads had the same problems before returning them and restoring them to factory settings. I had to show them the problem before returning, and they were back to pre-purchase condition. They don't seem to acknowledge that this is an issue, they only talked about the screens going dark, but have not made a statement about the dead spot.

compupane

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Restoring back to factory settings does not revert the iOS version back to the original, it just wipes your apps, data, and settings. That said, are we sure the problem wasn't present in iOS 9.1? I have a hard time believing that this is a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue.

I can confirm, though, that the problem remains in iOS 9.3 beta 1.

iprofun

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Restoring back to factory settings does not revert the iOS version back to the original, it just wipes your apps, data, and settings. That said, are we sure the problem wasn't present in iOS 9.1? I have a hard time believing that this is a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue.

I can confirm, though, that the problem remains in iOS 9.3 beta 1.

:yes:

Xandroid

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Update:
Hello all.. Sorry that I haven't updated progress for a while. Life gets crazy..

I had sent the device to Apple for replacement and after "thoroughly being tested" by their "technicians" they could not reproduce the issue that I experienced. Even after I called them and explained and sent multiple emails with instructions on how to reproduce this issue, their final response was, get this... Software issue... Attached is the copies of their final replies to me... ��

I'm using my iPad Pro on a daily basis and I'm a little upset. It is now past my return time (should've just done that instead of relying on apple)
And just knowing the fact that I paid to get the best iPad product they offer and all they could tell me was, "your product meets specifications of performance"... Not happy.. ��

Screenshot_2016-01-20-11-53-57-picsay.jpg
Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 29888.jpg
    29888.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Maybe they can make an exception to the return period because they didn't solve your repair? Exceptions can always be made.

Xandroid

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased it through At&t.. At this point I doubt that they'll take it back. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the pro. It's just a bit upsetting that Apple doesn't realize that this is an issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if you bought from att, they could care less. If bought from Apple, they may have made an exception. They did once for me on a return on a MBP due to an issue. It was 2 weeks past return date and they took it back.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps it's not a problem, maybe it's a designed feature. Looks like where an artist would put their thumb when holding their paint.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
For once I don't have the rare glitch!
iPad Pro 128gb Wifi/Cellular

Hopefully Apple will acknowledge the problem that some devices have (not holding my breath). Good luck to everyone on getting one that does not have a dead spot!

bmh00

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
For once I don't have the rare glitch!
iPad Pro 128gb Wifi/Cellular

Hopefully Apple will acknowledge the problem that some devices have (not holding my breath). Good luck to everyone on getting one that does not have a dead spot!

Are you on IOS 9.1? Or 9.2?

Xandroid

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have tested 6 other iPad pro's since my last post. One at At&t, another at Sams club, another at a certified Apple reseller, and a few more of other people's. So far, every single one has had the same "dead spot" issue. No wonder apple doesn't want to acknowledge a hardware defect. That would mean a recall and lots of returns..

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This issue makes me very hesitant to buy an iPad Pro right now.

While I understand your caution I am confident that this is not an issue *most* iPP owners experience. You can always swap return the unit if you decide you're one of the unlucky ones.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
While I understand your caution I am confident that this is not an issue *most* iPP owners experience. You can always swap return the unit if you decide you're one of the unlucky ones.

I played with like 5 at the Apple Store. Couldn't duplicate the issue. Mine has been fine and I've had it since early December. Maybe I'm not looking for this issue hard enough. Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR