Same here.
    Seems a manufacturing defect for those who are using a rubber-tipped stylus.

The Paper53 Pencil keeps skipping, but erratically, over that spot.

updating to ios 9.3 didn't help
    ftlum likes this.
    03-29-2016 09:09 PM
    This strikes me as a potential hardware issue. I have two, one I use for work and one we use as a personal device and neither have this issue. We also have two friends who have the iPad Pro and they do not have this issue either.
    03-29-2016 09:16 PM
    I love this device except for this one thing and it is getting SO FRUSTRATING that I keep hitting this dead spot.

Has anyone heard back from Apple.

I was told it would be fixed in IOS 9.3 but it wasn't.

anyone else heard of a fix?

so frustrating ...
    This is a hardware issue not a software issue. If it were a software issue, I'm sure it would be fixed by now. I think the capacitive response is just lower in that area for some reason (hardware defect). You don't see it when using your finger because the surface area of the finger compensates for the issue. Active styli like the Apple Pencil use Bluetooth, in addition to capacitive qualities, to interact with the screen, so that's why those don't experience this issue. Standard passive styli, though, don't have enough surface area on the tip or enough "electricity" traveling through them to compensate for the defect unless you remember to press down extra hard on that spot.
    03-29-2016 09:26 PM
    This is a hardware issue not a software issue. If it were a software issue, I'm sure it would be fixed by now. I think the capacitive response is just lower in that area for some reason (hardware defect). You don't see it when using your finger because the surface area of the finger compensates for the issue. Active styli like the Apple Pencil use Bluetooth, in addition to capacitive qualities, to interact with the screen, so that's why those don't experience this issue. Standard passive styli, though, don't have enough surface area on the tip or enough "electricity" traveling through them to compensate for the defect unless you remember to press down extra hard on that spot.
    Great explanation. Probably why using the apple pencil or my finger I have no dead spot. This makes total sense.
    03-29-2016 11:03 PM
    Apple most certainly will take care of us as soon as the Engineers become aware of this malfunction.

Everyone who is affected by this defect needs to notify Apple Support and ask to have this issue escalated; It's a "numbers-thing" with Apple Support.
    03-30-2016 12:28 PM
    Apple most certainly will take care of us as soon as the Engineers become aware of this malfunction.

Everyone who is affected by this defect needs to notify Apple Support and ask to have this issue escalated; It's a "numbers-thing" with Apple Support.
    Oh the engineers are aware. It's been a long known issue. You probably won't see this fixed until generation 2.
    03-30-2016 12:59 PM
    Garz => do you know for certain Apple Engineers are aware of this defect or just assuming?
    03-30-2016 05:35 PM
    My screen on my iPad Pro is free of any defects. I use a rubber tipped stylus.
    Last edited by Honey Beagle; 05-18-2016 at 11:22 PM.
    03-30-2016 10:18 PM
    Garz => do you know for certain Apple Engineers are aware of this defect or just assuming?
    I know. There are people I know that had to send them back to apple for engineers to test them before they were replaced. Engineers claimed they could not duplicate the issue. I also have a friend who works in upper level of Apple iOS chat support who confirmed if they were contacted with this issue, engineers wanted the devices shipped to them for testing. I've had this discussion with him. Is this enough clarification?
    03-31-2016 01:37 AM
    thanks for your response Honey Beagle: wondering ==>

what brand of stylus
    what app did you test in
    did you try the location just right of the smart connector

thanks again
    04-04-2016 03:42 PM

what brand of stylus
    what app did you test in

thanks again
    It doesn't really matter what brand of stylus. Every stylus with a rubber or mesh tip will exhibit the behavior if used under light/normal pressure.

Several drawing apps have been tested (Notes, Paper, Ink, Adobe SketchPro, etc.).

If the device has the problem, it will be just left of the Smart Connector and about 0.5"-1" from the bottom of the screen.
    04-04-2016 03:57 PM

My case covers up the connector. I do not which side the connector is on. Why in that location?

what brand of stylus
    what app did you test in

thanks again
    Just a unbranded one a friend gave to me. No name on the stylis.

Did not test just everything on my iPad Pro works perfectly except for the one application.

My case covers up any connector. I have no idea where the connector.

What is meant try the location just to the right of the connector?

iPad Pro - Dead spot on digitizer..?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1459828340.813677.jpg
    04-04-2016 11:52 PM
    So either I tweaked the stylus on my head-pointer just right in the last few weeks or Apple somehow miraculously fixed this issue in iOS 9.3.2 (including the betas). Can anyone test theirs to see if the problem remains for you? I could swear it was a hardware issue, but I haven't had mine work so flawlessly, ever.
    05-18-2016 05:49 AM
    I actually noticed today that this problem had resolved and came here to see if others noticed this. i am not noticing the deadspot on my ipad pro any more, and am pretty sure Apple did something. i wonder if Apple somehow tweaked up the sensitivity of the screen in the relevant area, or maybe the entire screen. One thing I am noticing now is there seems to be a noticeable lag between the stylus stroke and the line being drawn. Like the line can't draw as quickly as before and falls behind the stylus if you draw quickly. i wonder if it relates to whatever software fix they implemented to deal with the hardware issue. maybe it's just my imagination. it's better than the dealing with the dead zone though.
    Last edited by JaPo11; 05-25-2016 at 02:14 AM.
    05-25-2016 02:03 AM
    wow ... THANKS JoPol11 !!! Yes, the dead-spot seems to be fixed :>)

After update 9.3.2, the dead spot has most definitely changed.

Tested Artrage, Procreate, Notepad, Concepts, Sketchbook, etc.

I'm not seeing any lag in most of the apps that didn't lag before (some drawing apps have had some lag with non-bt styli)

so thanks again for the heads-up; had been so disheartened with Apple about this defect, i had given up hope.
    05-29-2016 09:58 AM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01...b3ddc5224d.jpg

I tried that same area as you described. No issues here.
    You seem to have a problem with the lower half of your screen, and parts of the upper left and right sides.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 06-06-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: grammar
    06-06-2016 12:45 PM
    So either I tweaked the stylus on my head-pointer just right in the last few weeks or Apple somehow miraculously fixed this issue in iOS 9.3.2 (including the betas). Can anyone test theirs to see if the problem remains for you? I could swear it was a hardware issue, but I haven't had mine work so flawlessly, ever.
    Apparently is was an OS. All reports I read it was solved with 9.3.2.
    06-06-2016 01:13 PM
    Apparently is was an OS. All reports I read it was solved with 9.3.2.
    I suspect it was and remains a hardware issue, but Apple did something on the OS to compensate for it.

I saw nothing on the version notes for 9.3.2 indicating a fix for the screen.
    06-24-2016 11:31 AM
    I suspect it was and remains a hardware issue, but Apple did something on the OS to compensate for it.

I saw nothing on the version notes for 9.3.2 indicating a fix for the screen.
    They don't notate every single fix but either way the problem doesn't exist anymore. That's all that matters. Whether it was software or hardware.
    07-05-2016 08:14 PM
    No such problem on mine.
    07-06-2016 06:30 AM
95 ... 234