Xandroid, did you get a replacement yet and if so, is it OK?
    01-05-2016 11:02 AM
    No issues with my 128 gig LTE iPad Pro and Apple Pencil other than the pencil seems to lose about 6% charge per day just sitting in my bad with the sleeping Pro. Not sure if that's typical. Charges fast so not a big deal but seems odd. I did have the problem where it you left it charging well past when it hit 100% only a cold reset could wake it up but that disappeared with 9.2
    01-05-2016 02:15 PM
    sounds about right with mine too. Referring to the post above mine about 6% per day on pencil drainage.
    01-05-2016 05:09 PM
    Thanks for reporting this. I just colored my entire screen in using the notes app and didn't see a dead spot.
    01-05-2016 07:27 PM
    I noticed the dead spot on my iPad pro space gray Verizon. I don't have the Apple Pencil, just using a basic stylus. I'm glad I found this thread to know it wasn't just me.
    01-06-2016 01:23 AM
    128 Verizon no issue
    01-06-2016 01:30 AM
    I did more research on this today. No matter what, my apple pencil reads fine over that so called dead spot that you guys are reporting. But if I use my finger and use it very lightly and go over that so called dead spot, it will stutter right at that spot. The line I draw will kind of break up. But with normal pressure from my finger there is no dead spot or no issues with any pressure with the pencil. Even super light pressure with the pencil it didn't have an issue. So I do have an ever so slightly dead spot in that exact area that everybody is reporting. But with normal usage and pressure, there are no issues. So I guess to an extent if your really looking for the issue, it's possible that it can be found on many other iPads as well. I don't see this as an issue because without this thread, I would never have caught it.
    01-06-2016 01:40 AM
    Unfortunately for me, I have to use a dumb stylus because I use a head-pointer (I'm physically disabled) and no matter how hard I press, I have this dead spot issue. I'm thinking about using one of my three "upgrades" from T-Mobile to see if the space grey model will have the same problem.
    01-06-2016 05:25 AM
    Disregard my post above from 1/5/16. It was a Spigen glass that I installed on my Pro and realized that affected the touch screen. I peeled it off tonight and my iPad is back to normal. Not noticing any dead spots.
    01-10-2016 03:39 AM
    Not happy to report that the effect of the Pencil 53 stylus didn't last, I started having problems again in the same spot. I reported the issue at the Apple store and they told me that it should work with any stylus, including the ones without bluetooth connection. It's very frustrating for me to use it, so I ended up returning the Ipad. I may purchase it later if they correct the problem which they told me could be fixed with the next IOs update? I was afraid it could be a hardware problem and didn't wanted to be stuck with a defective product, since I don't know much about how those things work. By the way, I tested the 4 models of the IPad Pro on display and got the same results (light silver and gold colors), same dead spot, same size.
    Last edited by iprofun; 01-15-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    01-14-2016 10:31 PM
    I just had my iPad replaced and the new one has a dead spot. I wonder if the store I got it from has a bunch of lemons? I haven't tried it with an apple pencil yet because I can't get one. My next step is to go to the Apple Store, hopefully they can get one out of the box that works.

I have the 32g space grey, and the dead spot is across all drawing apps with regular stylus.
    01-15-2016 06:19 PM
    I just had my iPad replaced and the new one has a dead spot. I wonder if the store I got it from has a bunch of lemons? I haven't tried it with an apple pencil yet because I can't get one. My next step is to go to the Apple Store, hopefully they can get one out of the box that works.

I have the 32g space grey, and the dead spot is across all drawing apps with regular stylus.
    Just out of curiosity, perhaps you should try a 128GB model. I checked my for a dead spot and luckily don't have one. I wonder if other folks that have the 128GB model have the dead spot. Now, you shouldn't have to spend more on the 128GB model (if you don't want to) but I'm just curious.
    01-15-2016 09:54 PM
    I had a 128 GB Gold, WiFi only, and got it replaced with the same color and model. Same issues. I don't know about the ones at the Apple store, 2 light silver and 2 gold. All had the same dead spot.
    01-16-2016 10:27 AM
    Anybody have the issue with 9.3? Just curious if the OS solves that issue for those who had it.
    01-16-2016 04:08 PM
    I also encountered this issue as others have reported on reddit and in Apple's discussion forums.

What's been determined is that the issue was introduced with iOS 9.2 and that it does NOT occur with the Apple Pencil.

All the iPad Pros may be afflicted with this, but you'll only observe it after upgrading to 9.2+ and by using a normal capacitive stylus or very light touch with your finger.
    01-19-2016 03:49 AM
    I also encountered this issue as others have reported on reddit and in Apple's discussion forums.

What's been determined is that the issue was introduced with iOS 9.2 and that it does NOT occur with the Apple Pencil.

All the iPad Pros may be afflicted with this, but you'll only observe it after upgrading to 9.2+ and by using a normal capacitive stylus or very light touch with your finger.
    I doubt that the issue started after upgrading to 9.2 since they my two Ipads had the same problems before returning them and restoring them to factory settings. I had to show them the problem before returning, and they were back to pre-purchase condition. They don't seem to acknowledge that this is an issue, they only talked about the screens going dark, but have not made a statement about the dead spot.
    01-19-2016 11:24 AM
    Restoring back to factory settings does not revert the iOS version back to the original, it just wipes your apps, data, and settings. That said, are we sure the problem wasn't present in iOS 9.1? I have a hard time believing that this is a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue.

I can confirm, though, that the problem remains in iOS 9.3 beta 1.
    01-20-2016 05:17 AM
    Restoring back to factory settings does not revert the iOS version back to the original, it just wipes your apps, data, and settings. That said, are we sure the problem wasn't present in iOS 9.1? I have a hard time believing that this is a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue.

I can confirm, though, that the problem remains in iOS 9.3 beta 1.
    01-20-2016 10:59 AM
    #DeadSpotGate
    01-20-2016 03:36 PM
    Update:
    Hello all.. Sorry that I haven't updated progress for a while. Life gets crazy..

I had sent the device to Apple for replacement and after "thoroughly being tested" by their "technicians" they could not reproduce the issue that I experienced. Even after I called them and explained and sent multiple emails with instructions on how to reproduce this issue, their final response was, get this... Software issue... Attached is the copies of their final replies to me...

I'm using my iPad Pro on a daily basis and I'm a little upset. It is now past my return time (should've just done that instead of relying on apple)
    And just knowing the fact that I paid to get the best iPad product they offer and all they could tell me was, "your product meets specifications of performance"... Not happy..

iPad Pro - Dead spot on digitizer..?-screenshot_2016-01-20-11-53-57-picsay.jpg
    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails iPad Pro - Dead spot on digitizer..?-29888.jpg  
    Last edited by Xandroid; 01-20-2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Adding another image
    01-20-2016 03:56 PM
    Maybe they can make an exception to the return period because they didn't solve your repair? Exceptions can always be made.
    01-20-2016 04:29 PM
    I purchased it through At&t.. At this point I doubt that they'll take it back. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the pro. It's just a bit upsetting that Apple doesn't realize that this is an issue.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    01-20-2016 08:14 PM
    Yeah if you bought from att, they could care less. If bought from Apple, they may have made an exception. They did once for me on a return on a MBP due to an issue. It was 2 weeks past return date and they took it back.
    01-20-2016 08:31 PM
    Mine seems to be working fine... Verizon Gold
    01-21-2016 01:41 AM
    Perhaps it's not a problem, maybe it's a designed feature. Looks like where an artist would put their thumb when holding their paint.
    01-21-2016 02:19 AM
95 1234