If I leave my iPad Pro in my briefcase overnight the next morning it's dead! It turns itself on and opens up whatever app was open last. If it was a game it just sits there running the game all night until the battery is gone! I have the smart type cover. Also does it with the regular Smart Cover. Help!
    12-16-2015 01:22 PM
    It definitely shouldn't be doing that.

Is it leaning on the power button in the briefcase? Try it with a regular Smart Cover to see if the same thing happens.
    12-16-2015 01:28 PM
    What if you add a password on the screen? The Smart Cover may be able to turn on the iPad, but it won't be able to by pass the lock screen to your home screen.
    12-16-2015 01:39 PM
    does it with Smart Cover also, as I said
    12-16-2015 08:16 PM
    I'll try that as a last resort.
    12-16-2015 08:16 PM
    Hi,

That's odd; clearly, we need to rule out any mechanical triggers. Leave your iPad without the cover on your table, say over the weekend, and check if the issue is still there. Also, confirm the software version that you are using - if it's 9.1 make sure to update to 9.2. If the software version is up-to-date, I would perform the full-fledged software restore via iTunes. If the is still there after such measure and after setting it up as a new iPad, then to Apple it goes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.
    12-18-2015 10:06 AM
    Update. Still doing it. Smart keyboard cover on, Smart Cover on, no cover at all. Only thing I can do is turn it completely off at night. Guess I'm headed to the Apple Store.
    01-04-2016 11:16 AM
    Update. Still doing it. Smart keyboard cover on, Smart Cover on, no cover at all. Only thing I can do is turn it completely off at night. Guess I'm headed to the Apple Store.
    Yeah, that's likely the best thing. They'll discover what's going and just replace it if they can't quickly figure it out.
    01-05-2016 06:06 AM