Using the iPad Pro for Reading

romeytang

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Would anyone with an iPad Pro be able to comment on how well it works (or doesn't work) as a e-reader for books and comics.

I would like to get an iPad Pro and ditch my aging iPad Mini 2, which I mainly use for reading.

I also have a Samsung Note tablet I use for taking notes, it sure would be nice to have one device to do both instead of having one device for reading and another for note taking.

Would the iPad Pro serve as a good e-reader or would I regret it?

Thanks for the thoughts.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Depends where you plan on reading .. If it's setup on a table or lap sure no problem but hold in bed would be difficult .. Side note mini 2 aging .. I still have 2 original Mini running solid lol

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a reader per se, but I will finish off a night with a few pages of Reddit, iMore,or some other site. I think it's actually easier to read in bed with it than propped on a table. I'll often times kick my feet up on the desk and read with the iPad on my chest too though.

The smaller devices like the original Mini and others that size get used for quick reference type projects. Writing a quick note for example or looking something up via the browser or another Cloud app -- when I'm not only multitasking on the iPad but also with the other devices.

So will it be a good e-reader....there are some that claim "it's too heavy", but it really comes down to your own personal preference.

romeytang

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks both of you for the input. I probably would use the iPad Pro mostly to read in bed or in my hands on the couch. I may have to play around with it at the store again and see if books look ridiculous on the huge screen or not.

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Reading in portrait can feel a bit top heavy in my experience, so I read in landscape most of the time. Bonus is that that you have a two page look, which is more like traditional reading of a paper book.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your question,

My personal take, quick & dirty: this is an awesome device to read while at your desktop, or occasionally on your lap. I would (and have not) taken it to my bed to read any books - it feels too large for that. For this particular purpose I would opt for the Air (2).

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77