I order a new IPad Pro the first day they came out in the Apple Store & I was wanting to know if the pen came with it & if so how do I go about getting one. I odered my Pro from the Apple Store in Huntsville Alabam and got it within 2 days but there wasn't a pen with it. After reading all of the reviews I saw where everyone was talking about getting a pen with there new IPad Pro.
    11-28-2015 10:05 AM
    The pen (Apple Pencil) is sold separately by Apple, it is not included with the iPad Pro itself. It retails for $99.00
    Here is a link to it on Apple's online store:
    http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK...l-for-ipad-pro
    There is currently a 4-5 week wait for it...
    Last edited by MasterDarque; 11-29-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    spain4siempre likes this.
    11-28-2015 10:18 AM
    Welcome to iMore! The product you're referring to is Apple Pencil, and it is a separate purchase from the iPad Pro. You can find out more by visiting the link provided by @MasterDarque.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-28-2015 01:51 PM
    It would have been great if Apple included one or the other with the iPad Pro (Smart Keyboard or Apple Pencil). I did buy the Smart Keybord (which i'm typing on right now) but probably won't drop the $99 on the Apple Pencil. Maybe if Apple would have included a place to store the Pencil or have it magnetically attatch to the side like the Surface does then I might have been more inclined to do so.
    11-30-2015 12:22 PM
    It would have been great if Apple included one or the other with the iPad Pro (Smart Keyboard or Apple Pencil). I did buy the Smart Keybord (which i'm typing on right now) but probably won't drop the $99 on the Apple Pencil. Maybe if Apple would have included a place to store the Pencil or have it magnetically attatch to the side like the Surface does then I might have been more inclined to do so.
    I agree in part with this. However... I went ahead anyways and ordered an Apple Pencil - even with the four to five week timeframe for shipping from Apple's online store. I saw the price for these on eBay currently going for double or more the retail price, and, I'd much rather wait a month to get one than go this route.
    12-01-2015 01:43 AM