At first I was hesitant and thought that the iPad pro was too big.. After seeing it, playing with it, and the look of it.. Totally has changed my mind...
    If you picked on up how do you like it? satisfied? worth it?
    Looking for something light weight- currently have a macbook pro retina but it be nice to travel with something smaller and lighter in weight.... Love to her your reviews
    Last edited by brookeyydooo; 11-28-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Just_Me_D and oldpadman like this.
    11-27-2015 11:02 PM
    Hi there,

Quick & dirty: love it, worth the money; awesome device for folks thinking mobile first; I posted my initial impressions in here.

Cheers & good luck!
    oldpadman and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-28-2015 12:33 AM
    Hi there,

Quick & dirty: love it, worth the money; awesome device for folks thinking mobile first; I posted my initial impressions in here.

Cheers & good luck!
    Great I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the review.
    11-28-2015 01:19 AM
    Yes
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-28-2015 04:04 AM
    Loved it from the start and that love is growing by the day!
    11-28-2015 08:59 PM
    What do you love and use it for?
    11-28-2015 09:06 PM
    Awesome, I just checked out your review... very nice... What do you love about it most and use it for?
    11-28-2015 09:07 PM
    What do you love and use it for?
    Like others...I'm loving mine. Current uses:

- Media Consumption: (beautiful screen and very powerful hardware make this a dream media consumption device.
    - Note taking: At work, I'm in a plethora of meetings. I use the pro to take handwritten / typed notes and also to review and annotate work documents
    - Research: In addition to work, I'm also working on my MBA. I use the pro to conduct research and annotate
    - Journaling
    - Basic communication: Email / Slack / iMessage
    - Photo Editing: The pencil enables the ability to fine-tune images with ease. Several applications out there that take advantage of this capability

These are the main ones for me now. I'm sure other use cases will develop over time as applications are developed to take advantage of the Pro.
    11-29-2015 07:48 AM
    Awesome, I just checked out your review... very nice... What do you love about it most and use it for?
    Hey,

Thanks for the kind words; I use it mostly for coding (Coda) and watching videos (training), plus browsing lot of resources. I have also started reading books on it (part of my tech skills upgrade). What I love the most is the screen size and the multitasking - juggling two things simultaneously is the killer - better than on any Mac that I have used.

It is currently my primary device.

Cheers!
    oldpadman likes this.
    11-29-2015 04:09 PM
    I currently use my macbook pro retina ... I have an iPad mini 4 but honestly its too small and i prob use my phone more , def looking for something more portable
    11-29-2015 08:29 PM
    5 days and it's wonderful. Poor MacBook Pro has been neglected.

And the look people make when they see it for the first time is too funny.
    11-29-2015 10:12 PM
    I use it for work on spreadsheets, reading/replying to email - I find the software keyboard on landscape is great, I can almost type on it as fast as I do a normal one. I also use it for media consumption and some photo and movie editing too. Truly a great device and in my opinion so much more than just a "bigger iPad"
    11-30-2015 12:27 AM

And the look people make when they see it for the first time is too funny.
    You should have seen the look when my both my iPhone & iPad Pro were ringing and I answered the call on the iPad 🤓
    oldpadman likes this.
    11-30-2015 05:11 AM
    I am on the fence due to the size of the pro I hope the air 3 has the same specs or better.
    01-03-2016 07:18 PM
    I am on the fence due to the size of the pro I hope the air 3 has the same specs or better.
    Yeah, the ginormous size is a mixed blessing. While I love the screen real estate I sometimes wish it were smaller. The Pro is more of a stationary at-home type device for me, I'm thinking. I may just get an iPad Mini 4 to complement it for those times when "ginormous" is not what I need or want. ...and a mini would be a perfect fit for carrying around at work to replace paper for note-taking (see how I'm trying to rationalize getting yet another iPad ).
    01-05-2016 06:10 AM
    The iPad is at the local Federal Express office. Rang up Federal Express to she if the iPad could be picked up before Wednesday. I was told no. Federal Express sure is fussy about pickets.

The peeps at the post office will let peeps pick up items if the item is at the post office even if it is before the actual delivery due date.
    03-15-2016 12:24 AM
    Love my iPad Pro. Combine it with the Logitech Create keyboard and it is a laptop replacement for many things. I don't own a laptop anymore, I am able to use my iPad Pro for everything.
    03-15-2016 11:13 AM
    Yes, so far this 128gb puppy is a keeper.
    03-15-2016 08:07 PM
    Loving it, great for watching media and also great for typing especially when paired with the Smart Keyboard. It seemed really big at first, but you get used to the size. Portability is still good, but not as good as the iPad Air 2.
    03-17-2016 05:19 PM
    Worth the monies because of the bigger screen size.
    Last edited by Honey Beagle; 03-22-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    03-17-2016 10:31 PM
    I bought the iPad pro for a couple of reasons. The first reason I purchased the iPad Pro was because of my vision impairment. I had an iPad Air 2, but always wanted a bigger screen. Now with the pro and screen magnification, I am able to use this device quite easily. I can zoom in text to quite a large size and still have a lot of screen real-estate. Now, if iOS would fix some of the accessibility features it would be perfect .

The second reason I purchased this was for my daughter. She loves to draw, and I wanted her to experience the pencil and digital drawing. She loves it!

So for those reasons, I love it!
    03-21-2016 07:47 PM
    I stopped using my MacBook Pro for the most part three or four years ago. iPads are more portable, both to carry and to use anywhere. I tried an iPad mini, but I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need bifocals. The mini was too small.

So, I bought the (12.9") Pro about a month ago. It's portable enough to use anywhere, fast enough that I don't miss my laptop and powerful enough for web browsing and typing. I use Pages, and I've typed a 60,000 word document using the on-screen keyboard.

If I was in more of a hurry, I'd use a Bluetooth keyboard. The Pro makes that more practical because the screen is big enough to use like a laptop. I tried using a keyboard with the 10" iPad but the screen was too small from that distance.
    03-23-2016 01:09 AM
    I think that it is totally worth it. While a bit on the big size it is very easy to get used to. I haven't used my MacBook Pro very much at all since I got this machine.
    03-25-2016 12:51 PM
    I have had my Pro for only a few days and I am glad I went with it. My previous iPad was an Air, I had thought of getting the smaller Pro when it was announced since I wasn't sure about the size of the original Pro. I find that I am adjusting to it pretty easily. I like the extra screen space. I am glad that I opted for the larger Pro.

I got the Logitech Create case for it and like it. The keyboard is great, feels good, and it is backlit.

I just got the Pencil and haven't used it much. I have used it for note taking in OneNote and Paper and like the experience. I like that it is searchable. Don't know how many times I frantically flipped through pages of notes trying to find information.

Overall, I am very pleased with it and find the size more of a plus than a minus.
    03-29-2016 10:01 AM
    So far so good. I purchased the iPad Pro with intentions on putting my laptop to the side and using this as my sole device for personal, school and a little business. Thus far it has been successful for everything I've needed and I haven't had any hiccups yet. I plan on getting the Pencil soon with hopes that it will allow me to do away with a notebook while in class as well and go completely electronic. The communication between my iPad and my iPhone, the Google Docs/Drive integration and the accessories have all made this transition pretty nice. I must admit, I'm really pleased with my purchase. So far so good.
    03-29-2016 11:07 PM
28 12