32GB or 128GB?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm faced with a big dilemma.

I'm getting an iPad Pro in gold something this Christmas, but I can't decide on what storage.

I know lots will go for 128GB, but the price is killing me.

I initially decided to go for 32GB as I have 19-20GB currently used up on my 3.5-year old iPad 3, but after asking some people, I found out that 32GB might not be enough as apps have to be updated to fit the Pro's ginormous display with that ultrahigh pixel-count.

Basically, my dilemma is this.

32GB seems to be too small while 128GB seems to be too expensive. I'm also throwing in the Logitech CREATE keyboard if I get the 32GB and the Zagg Messenger Universal if I choose to get the 128GB, since the 32GB + Logitech combo will cost as much as a 128GB iPad combined.

Your suggestions? Thread will be continuously bumped until the first week of December.

Another note is that I have an LG G4 as my phone, with a 128GB SD card.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

My opinion is buy as much storage as you can afford and seeing as you can afford the larger storage without buying the accessories I would go with the 128GB

Explanation is you want to enjoy your device without having to manage your content and resale is better with a larger capacity and the keyboard can be purchased later. Seeing as you keep your iPads for many years you don't want to handicap yourself

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

My opinion is buy as much storage as you can afford and seeing as you can afford the larger storage without buying the accessories I would go with the 128GB

Explanation is you want to enjoy your device without having to manage your content and resale is better with a larger capacity and the keyboard can be purchased later. Seeing as you keep your iPads for many years you don't want to handicap yourself

Thanks.

I'll need to gather more opinions before I come to a conclusion, though.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
As with the 16GB iPhone I wouldn't even consider that the 32GB iPad Pro exists, get the 128GB for so many reasons... you do not want to have to "manage" memory on this device, and 32GB is not enough memory for this so-called "pro" device

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm faced with a big dilemma.

I'm getting an iPad Pro in gold something this Christmas, but I can't decide on what storage.

I know lots will go for 128GB, but the price is killing me.

I initially decided to go for 32GB as I have 19-20GB currently used up on my 3.5-year old iPad 3, but after asking some people, I found out that 32GB might not be enough as apps have to be updated to fit the Pro's ginormous display with that ultrahigh pixel-count.

Basically, my dilemma is this.

32GB seems to be too small while 128GB seems to be too expensive. I'm also throwing in the Logitech CREATE keyboard if I get the 32GB and the Zagg Messenger Universal if I choose to get the 128GB, since the 32GB + Logitech combo will cost as much as a 128GB iPad combined.

Your suggestions? Thread will be continuously bumped until the first week of December.

Another note is that I have an LG G4 as my phone, with a 128GB SD card.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your dilemma; it appears that you have rather significant needs in terms of on-board storage consumption. If I were you, I would definitely consider the 128G version, maybe for now without the keyboard, all the necessary accessories. I am almost certain that when you add them up they will make that $250+ difference between the 32G and the 128G models. I am also assuming that you are opting for the WiFi version only, correct?

Cheers!

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same dilemma minus the keyboard case. It hurts my soul they didn't opt for a 64GB version. Since I have an 6Plus 128 I don't plan on put my 30 or so GBs of music on it so the 32 looks decent. But many of apps I'll have will eat into it. Plus if I wanna put movies on it(plan of getting wifi only) I won't be able to stream. I could tether my iPhone but I only have a 2gb plan so that's out of the question. Not to mention I may not even have a good service connection. Most movies nowadays are a minimum of 4-6 GBs. So I'm definitely going for the 128 version. Also since the virtual keyboard is about full size I'll just try my luck on that. I just plan on using it as a media consumption so not much typing will be done.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same dilemma minus the keyboard case. It hurts my soul they didn't opt for a 64GB version. Since I have an 6Plus 128 I don't plan on put my 30 or so GBs of music on it so the 32 looks decent. But many of apps I'll have will eat into it. Plus if I wanna put movies on it(plan of getting wifi only) I won't be able to stream. I could tether my iPhone but I only have a 2gb plan so that's out of the question. Not to mention I may not even have a good service connection. Most movies nowadays are a minimum of 4-6 GBs. So I'm definitely going for the 128 version. Also since the virtual keyboard is about full size I'll just try my luck on that. I just plan on using it as a media consumption so not much typing will be done.
Same here. I'm just baffled at how Apple didn't consider a 64GB option as I think it's the sweet spot for me as it's plenty and also not wallet-breaking,

Oh well. I'm probably jumping to 128GB since 32GB may prove to be quite an issue in the future.

And it will have better resale value, so there's that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your dilemma; it appears that you have rather significant needs in terms of on-board storage consumption. If I were you, I would definitely consider the 128G version, maybe for now without the keyboard, all the necessary accessories. I am almost certain that when you add them up they will make that $250+ difference between the 32G and the 128G models. I am also assuming that you are opting for the WiFi version only, correct?

Cheers!

Yep, just the Wi-Fi version as I'll be using my phone's hotspot feature for LTE on-the-go.

I'm leaning towards 128GB as over $900 will be spent on it anyway when the case is included.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
My dilemma now is silver or space gray. My 6Plus is black/space gray. I don't know if i want keep the space grey theme or change it up with the white silver

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My dilemma now is silver or space gray. My 6Plus is black/space gray. I don't know if i want keep the space grey theme or change it up with the white silver

Hi,

Had the exact dilemma myself; originally, I intended to get the Space Gray, as most of us; however, upon ordering I noticed two things; first, most of my gear (Apple Watch, and iPad Air) in silver + Apple White combination. In addition, working with white iPad in hands allowed me to focus a bit more (entirely subjective). Lastly, I noticed the delivery times significantly longer for the SG. Fast forward to today, I am awaiting a Silver White LTE model. By the way, love to have those dilemmas, after all ;)

Cheers!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm gonna get the 128GB iPad Pro Wi-Fi in gold.

32GB is too small.

Yeah, that's more than what I wanted to fork out but since there's no 64GB option and that 32GB is too small, 128GB is the only option.

Unless Apple refreshed the Air.

WayneJetski

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Seems like the 32 GB is set just low enough that it makes the choice easy enough to jump up to the next price point. If the choice were 64gb vs 128gb I might have a different response.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I always get cellular. Upgrade an ipad line or add a new one, sell iphone, throw SIM in ipad. Tablet line will be 10 a month.

1079 - 450 (selling iphone) - 22% discover apple pay (237) - 300 (sell old ipad) = 92 dollars. Or something like that... Still have to buy case, smartcover, and pencil. Oops..forgot the 20 from using education discount (wife is teacher).

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Had the exact dilemma myself; originally, I intended to get the Space Gray, as most of us; however, upon ordering I noticed two things; first, most of my gear (Apple Watch, and iPad Air) in silver + Apple White combination. In addition, working with white iPad in hands allowed me to focus a bit more (entirely subjective). Lastly, I noticed the delivery times significantly longer for the SG. Fast forward to today, I am awaiting a Silver White LTE model. By the way, love to have those dilemmas, after all ;)

Cheers!

With I phones my 3G was white(back) then my 4 was black then a white 5 and now a black 6+ so phones have been every other. So with iPads I did white ipad2 then black mini then black iPad Air. Even had a short stint with a black iPad Air 2 before I returned it. I'm just up in the air with it LoL. Even had a black Apple Watch before that got returned. So it looks like space gray is a favorite but I do like the white/silver. I might just stick with the SG for the Pro and if I ipgrade to the 6s+ I'll get white and silver.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm gonna get the 128GB iPad Pro Wi-Fi in gold.

32GB is too small.

Yeah, that's more than what I wanted to fork out but since there's no 64GB option and that 32GB is too small, 128GB is the only option.

Unless Apple refreshed the Air.

It sucks the 32GB are available in store around me but all 128s have to be shipped. If I buy now I have to wait til 11/30-12/3. If 64 was available I bet the 128s would be available and 64s would be backed up a bit.

johnothy

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
It would have made more sense to make the iPad Pro in 64GB and 128GB and offer both sizes with a cellular option. But they probably wanted to drive everyone to the 128GB size just like with the iPhones by offering the low 16GB which should have been upgraded to 32GB minimum by now.

As far as the cost, it is too expensive especially when you opt to add AppleCare, the keyboard, and the pencil. I think they could've started out the price at $699 especially since they only give you 32GB storage.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Decided to purchase the 128GB version.

Probably more than I need, but it's better than 32GB.

Hoping I can get the Zagg keyboard since it costs way less than the Apple one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit