iPad Pro - Wow, just wow!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to pick up a 128gb Space Grey model yesterday, on launch day. I called all over my area and nobody had received their shipment except Staples who had two of these models. They sat one aside on hold with my name on it and I went into pick it up.

First thing I have noticed is how much it is. Wow, just wow! You can immediately see the benefits of all the added ram. The screen is gorgeous and typing on it using the software keyboard in landscape mode is so easy and smooth. I am typing this on it now.

Nobody had the keyboard or pencil in stock which was a little disappointing however my plan is to order an Apple Silicon case with glass screen protector (once available) and use my Bluetooth Apple keyboard when need be. I do however want to buy the Apple Pencil.

In short, I am incredibly impressed out of the gate. I also just tested the speakers and they sound great!

Looking forward to using it more and more and I am sure Apple will release updates to take best advantage of its capabilities and screen real estate over time.

For those who have it, how are you liking it?

Have a great weekend!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great, and I'm glad you're enjoying your new iPad Pro. When you get your Pencil, be sure to update us on what you think of it....:)...In the meantime, have a great weekend.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Speakers sound fantastic for sure.
It's hard to hold at times, without a case.
Screen looks great.
Can't wait to draw on it with the pencil.

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Screen looks great.

Agreed. A different handling experience, particularly in portrait. I actually prefer landscape as it seems more natural and isn't as top-heavy.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. A different handling experience, particularly in portrait. I actually prefer landscape as it seems more natural and isn't as top-heavy.

See that's interesting you said that... I was thinking about that - I use my Air 2 in portrait most of the time (in a case), so I'm guessing that the Pro will be even more useful & functional in portrait (I hope)

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Screen looks great.

I agree. I am ordering the Apple silicon case today - even though it does feel so nice without one lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using iMore Forums mobile app

msalderson

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your iPad Pro! I got mine at the Apple Store on Wednesday, I just happened to wake up at 3:30 am CST and checked the Apple Store, and it showed on available for pickup at my local Apple Store, so I bought it.

After having an iPad and and iPad 3, this one seems really big. I'm struggling with how to use it right now, but that should get better with time. I'm hoping to use it for photography, but I'm not sure right now. It is a beautiful piece of hardware!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you read books on it? I'm wondering if it'll be too big to read books bc it'll get heavy.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine came today and wow ! It is big !! Lol hopefully Apple tweaks software for the pro specifically but speakers are awesome and so is this
456a02f4fb9a156868efac69e9961fc3.jpg

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Really loving it so far. It is currently charging, first time I have needed to charge it since getting it outside of the initial out of the box charge I gave it.

Typing on it in landscape is just like typing on a normal keyboard. I position my fingers on the screen keyboard just like I would a normal one and type so fast!

Today Apple did a great thing in lieu of an error they made. I ordered the white silicon case and leather smart cover. Both were under one order however when UPS delivered the package to me today there was only the white silicon cover in the box. I called Apple and they said for some reason my smart cover was shipped to the wrong address and then returned to them due to non delivery. The rep informed me she was refunding me the amount of the smart cover AND expediting one to me free of charge. Wow! We wanted the cover as protection for a trip we are going on and I was really pleased and impressed with them acknowledging the inconvenience and offering on their own to do that.

Loving the Pro so far!

Posted via the Android iMore App!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you will notice I typed this on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet because my Pro is charging. I am a lover of tech, what can I say!

spain4siempre

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
YOU CAN USE THE "HEY SIRI" feature..... It does NOT have to be plugged in for it to work. Go to settings-general-Siri and toggle hey Siri switch to on

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Really loving it so far. It is currently charging, first time I have needed to charge it since getting it outside of the initial out of the box charge I gave it.

Typing on it in landscape is just like typing on a normal keyboard. I position my fingers on the screen keyboard just like I would a normal one and type so fast!

Today Apple did a great thing in lieu of an error they made. I ordered the white silicon case and leather smart cover. Both were under one order however when UPS delivered the package to me today there was only the white silicon cover in the box. I called Apple and they said for some reason my smart cover was shipped to the wrong address and then returned to them due to non delivery. The rep informed me she was refunding me the amount of the smart cover AND expediting one to me free of charge. Wow! We wanted the cover as protection for a trip we are going on and I was really pleased and impressed with them acknowledging the inconvenience and offering on their own to do that.

Loving the Pro so far!

Awesome to hear that you love your new device, as well as how nicely Apple treated you. Had a similar experience a few years back when my portable hard drive did not make it on time.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods