Ipad Pro shuts off while charging and requires a hard reset to turn on

BobM37

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, the iPad Pro works as expected while charging, but when it hits 100% it locks up and requires a hard reset to turn on.

I am a long time user of the IPad line, hope it can be fixed with a software upgrade.

BobM37

pjforest

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I got my Pro on Thursday, and I have the same problem. It's happened every time I've left it on charge. Can't be good to have to hard reset it everyday.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
So far (knock on wood) minute has not done this. I charged it before first use and left it on 100% for a period of time before removing the charger. It was on and I went through the setup process seamlessly and have been using it seamlessly ever since. I will advise if I encounter this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using iMore Forums mobile app

joe h jaizz

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine not only needs a hard reboot to start but I inadvertently turned off power to the charger overnight and I had 0 battery charge next day.

jss134

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Have had the same problem since getting the iPad last Wednesday. Last night I installed the latest 9.2 beta and let the iPad charge overnight. This morning the iPad waked normally with no issues. The beta seems to take care of the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox