Got it.... and bummed. The store had no pencils or keyboards.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a 128GB Wifi Model. The store did not have nor did they received any pencils or keyboards.

How weird is that?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Their site says they are 3-4 weeks out. Makes sense I guess, but poor planning on Apple's part. Probably missing out on quite a few sales.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I am bummed about the Pencil not being out. My store didn't have the keyboard either, but they did have a demo unit I was able to play with for a couple of minutes. I wound up buying the Logitech keyboard cover, which was in stock. I'm still on the fence about it, because it's pretty bulky and heavy. But the keyboard is awesome!

Laura

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The other option would have been to hold off on the release of the Pro so they could go out with the pencil and keyboard.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
The other option would have been to hold off on the release of the Pro so they could go out with the pencil and keyboard.

Being this close to the holiday shopping season that probably wasn't an option for Apple. They are still on schedule to get the pen and keyboard out before Christmas.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gang,

Sorry to hear about the Pencil and the Keyboard unavailable; myself, I am ordering right now through the Apple Online Store.

Cheers!

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today. The multi-tasking is excellent...no doubt. On this big screen, it's magical. Like others...bummed that the pen and/or keyboard are lagging behind the Pro release. I tried both out in the store while waiting for my pick up as well. They are both excellent accessories. Loved the feel of the keyboard keys and the pen experience was excellent. Made me even more sad to know that I have to wait to get my hands on these accessories.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Got mine today. The multi-tasking is excellent...no doubt. On this big screen, it's magical. Like others...bummed that the pen and/or keyboard are lagging behind the Pro release. I tried both out in the store while waiting for my pick up as well. They are both excellent accessories. Loved the feel of the keyboard keys and the pen experience was excellent. Made me even more sad to know that I have to wait to get my hands on these accessories.

Thanks for sharing your impressions of the accessories; no doubt, this is a let-down considering most of us where hoping to get the whole "shebang". Even Apple's own online store advises of 3-4 weeks of wait time. On a separate note, congrats on getting one yourself and being able to enjoy it so soon!

My order had 4 shipments because of distinct shipping times #sadpanda

Cheers!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My local store didn't have any Pros today. While I'm not planning on buying a Pro for now I was looking forward to test driving one. Bummer!

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the post - I'm going LTE via t-mobile jump from an Air 2. I guess I'm in the minority though - the onscreen keyboard is excellent - I certainly won't need the keyboard or the pen (your finger still is the best accessory) unless you're an artist, graphics designer, etc.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The onscreen keyboard is a beast....(Credit to Appleinsider for the picture & paragraph)

14921-10825-ipadkeyboard-151111-1-l.jpg

The full array of virtual keys, essentially matching what users would find on a standard physical keyboard, can be accessed in both portrait and landscape modes when typing on the iPad Pro.

The include the ability to tap (or temporarily hold) shift while pressing a number key to input the symbol located above it. Keys for plus, minus, equals, dash, backslash, brackets, colon, semicolon, apostrophe and more can be found on the expanded virtual keyboard.

Apple also prevents accidental pressing of the new caps lock button by requiring that users hold their finger down on it for a short period. Simply tapping the caps lock button will not enable it.

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post - I'm going LTE via t-mobile jump from an Air 2. I guess I'm in the minority though - the onscreen keyboard is excellent - I certainly won't need the keyboard or the pen (your finger still is the best accessory) unless you're an artist, graphics designer, etc.

I'm definitely not an artist either...though I'm incredibly skilled at drawing stick people! My use of the pen will be primarily for taking notes / mark-up during business meetings. Probably a little photo editing as well.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
The onscreen keyboard is a beast....(Credit to Appleinsider for the picture & paragraph)

View attachment 98128

The full array of virtual keys, essentially matching what users would find on a standard physical keyboard, can be accessed in both portrait and landscape modes when typing on the iPad Pro.

The include the ability to tap (or temporarily hold) shift while pressing a number key to input the symbol located above it. Keys for plus, minus, equals, dash, backslash, brackets, colon, semicolon, apostrophe and more can be found on the expanded virtual keyboard.

Apple also prevents accidental pressing of the new caps lock button by requiring that users hold their finger down on it for a short period. Simply tapping the caps lock button will not enable it.

Thanks for this informative update, mate. It's now becoming clear that all of those claims about this iPad being nothing more than a bigger... iPad are not well founded. I think most of the critics have assumed that the software will remain the same. Clearly, this is a fork to the standard iPad OS build making it specifically tailored for this beautiful machine. I am sure there are other tweaks like that that will substantially reduce the onscreen keyboard barrier.

Cheers!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Based on the posts here, it sounds like many of you plan to get the pencil. Mind if I ask why? I see its usefulness for drawing, designing, etc., but I don't do those things and so I can't imagine how I'd use it.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Whilst I was able to reserve my iPad Pro for store pick up yesterday, neither the smart keyboard, the smart cover nor the Apple Pencil are available - the latter being dispensable for the time being, but no sort of cover...
Also the local Best Buy Store had no cover available; given that we just have one in town, I am contemplating to cancel my order since I have had no chance to pick it up and reorder later. It sounds a bit strange to me that given both the pencil and the smart keyboard featured so dominantly in the advertisement and the keynote that there is a backlog. Whoever is in charge should have known that those items are in demand. Bad planning or problems in manufacturing?

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Based on the posts here, it sounds like many of you plan to get the pencil. Mind if I ask why? I see its usefulness for drawing, designing, etc., but I don't do those things and so I can't imagine how I'd use it.

Hi,

Precisely for the reasons you have listed. To me, Paper + the Apple Pencil will be an irresistible combo.

Cheers!

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one here that finds it completely unimpressive? Will wait for delivery of the pencil before my mind is made up but honestly for the average user this thing is next to useless. Yeah great it has stereo speakers?! Apple is going to have to do much better than this. I suppose I was expecting it to change the world again, I was expecting it to redefine the iPad experience and it doesn't in any way shape or form.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711