Best cases for iPad Pro

portgordon

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
This thread has been extremely useful, thanks to all who have contributed. I picked up my iPad Pro with no protection as I just could not decided on which way to go.

I am pretty certain I am not a fan of the Apple Keyboard case - I am not a fan of the way it sits / looks when closed, and see it as quite bulky, the keyboard is nice for on the go, but I will primarily be using my iPad pro for most of my typing when in the office where I have a Logitech K810 & K811 (backlit, full function keys & microUSB rechargeable).

I was put off of the Apple Case and Cover as I was a bit taken aback by the price - especially when paying so much already for the device and pencil! I didn't realise that the case came in two separate (and expensive) pieces and it is currently limited in available colours so i wanted to look at alternatives.

Some of the alternatives I have seen (and listed here) are compelling - especially price wise, but most of them I feel are not ideal for me either, slightly too bulky, or with smart cover capability but non removable. The logitech Create is impressive, I am surprised there has not been more published about this one, but it looks to me like it would be quite spongey to use and have a lot of bounce when pressing the screen (obviously that is just an assumption), but I also don't like how much the case protrudes from the front of the iPad (where the keyboard would be on a keyboard case).

So having taken the time to think about it, I'm right back to square one and I'm going to head back to Apple for the Apple Case and Cover - I'll be picking them up today! It will be nice to be able to properly stand the iPad up, and to not have to carry it in a padded envelope (which actually works incredibly well!). Yes they are more expensive, but they are really well made, nice feel, thin profile, wear quite well, and the cover is removable which will be important for me when chillaxing with pad and pencil.

</RealityDistortionField>

auldyin

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought a case from Tech Armor along with two screen protectors for
Can $22, so less in US Funds. The case is an excellent fit, very plain black and I'm delighted with it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Sadly I had to return the UAG case. As awesome as it looks, it really was kind of cheaply made. Especially coming from UAG. I've been a big fan of UAG for years and their stuff has always been top notch but this case was a real let down. The kickstand doesn't sit flush with the case and needs a couple of more "tabs" to keep it securely lock in place and flush with the rest of the case. The backside silicone is too thin and when opening the kickstand I noticed that the silicone would pull ever so slightly away from the iPad. Might seem trivial to some but for 80 bucks, I expected more. And for those wondering, when I returned the case, I asked one of the employees if I could test out a couple of other UAG cases to see if I got a bum one and they were all the same. Cruising over the Amazon.com shows that some people also experienced the same thing. Too bad. I loved the look. Hope UAG takes note and fixes these issues. I had one of these cases on my Surface Pro 3 and it was built much better than the iPad Pro case.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
How easy is it to get your IPad Pro in and out of the ProCase? How is it to draw on your iPad Pro when it is in the case?

Very easy, like putting on/taking off a glove. Everything lines up perfectly.

I don't draw, but many times I'll annotate pdf's and its no problem.

I got the case primarily for protection but it's nice to have a loop to slip a pen or stylus in as well as the slit on the one side for a few letters or papers.

Ben Sin

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
hi, can you let me know if the "Apple Pencil holder" (the little loop) is secure enough to hold an apple pencil (if you don't own the AP, how is it with a normal pen?) I ask because i have been looking all around for a case that also securely holds the pencil. i really like how the Pro Case looks but i'm not sure a single loop holds the pencil securely enough -- it looks like the pencil can just slip out.

luci8907

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Logitech create case (without keyboard) plus added a loop for my apple pencil. The case is pretty slim and although it is pricey at 79 bucks I haven't seen another case that lets you put the ipad at any angle and stay there whatever they use for it is really sturdy and not flimsy feeling like the keyboard version IMG_1397.jpgIMG_1399.jpg

jeff.brown

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I just got the Zagg Slim Book delivered today.
I originally bought the Logi Create because I knew I wanted the backlit keys and that was the only one readily available at the time.
The Zagg has seven different back light colors to switch between versus the standard one that the Logi has.
I can say that I already like the Zagg so much more.
The smart connector for the keyboard is not a big deal for me seeing how Zagg claims two year battery life off of one charge.
If the keyboard gets even half of that I will be happy.
The fact that I can detach the iPad from the keyboard case makes it even better.
It feels much more solid than the Logi does.
The fact that I can put the screen in any orientation that I want also is a big plus.
Here are some pictures side by side of the two.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a decent Smart Cover equivalent that is cheaper than Apple's? I currently have one of apples (White - Open Box at Best Buy) but I'm having a hard time spending a $50 on it.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I would like an iPad Pro case that simply closes and does not have any of that folding cover idea. Where one can fold the cover is various positions to rest the iPad on. Do not want that.

There is no photo of the back but there is not and folds on the reverse side.
Found this one.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1457811989.040194.jpg

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
That is very close. The one that I am using on iPad 4 is this one on ebay look up item number 181206760513. I am not selling this item just using this as a referral.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased one that looks OK. Only because I want one before iPad arrives from ebay. Looks like the iPad and cover arrives nearly the same day.

rte369x

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Designed specifically for iPad Pro, the Silicone Case protects the back of your device and is designed to pair seamlessly with the Smart Cover for full front-and-back coverage.