Best cases for iPad Pro

HK_47_SD

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I find these style of case to not hold up well in stand modes. I have tried the SUPCASE from UnicornBeetle. It has a decent kickstand but no screen protector or cover. I'm currently using the Otterbox one. It has a cover that doubles as an adjustable stand that has two different angles. It is super protection with a built-in screen protector but so big and heavy. The portrait mode using the stand fits at a steep, odd angle. My only concern is using the stand cover in landscape mode, it's just resting on it with pretty minimal points holding it. So it can slide or fall off relatively easily. On a desk or table it's fine, but in your lap or bed it slides off more often. I'm eyeing the UAG Urban Armor Gear case. It has a nice wide looking kickstand built-in and clip for the Apple Pencil.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The case that I purchased is neat. When the cover is closed the iPad will shut off. As soon as case is opened the iPad turns on again. Strange concept for me.

chilleymac

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Icarer Leather case. I wanted real leather that would age gracefully and have been pretty happy so far. The one drawback is that it didn't have a pencil holder... I made my own and its been pretty great. You can find it on Amazon for less than $60.

just search for Icarer ipad pro case on amazon and you'll find it. I went with the brown.

maclovn

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Recommended Sleeve: Harber, UK leather sleeve.

Advantage: It fits with the Smart cover on. Stays slim and has a nice felt interior lining.

They have a storefront on Etsy. Only thing i could wish for is a holder for my pencil, but on second thought, like it without an not carry my pencil in my breast pocket.

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I got the ZooGue case and started using it this weekend. It's darn close to perfect. Nice case that supports the iPad Pro like a boss! Any angle you want and it's sturdy and stable as a rock. I was able to draw on it and it was just as firm as if it were on the surface of the desk it's self and was able to adjust it to any angle without a problem. GREAT case especially if you're using it for artistic purposes!

http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Pro-Case...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2719648

benerrol

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I grabbed the UAG scout & it is great! The stand sounds a bit like its breaking whenever its extended but otherwise it works great and the pencil holder is a nice addition.

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
The biggest weakness I found in the ZooGue was the pencil loop. It's great that it's there but It's so flimsy I could see it stretching or getting caught on something. I decided to do my own fix on it. There was so much room on that upper flap that I made a pouch and put it on it so that the pencil is completely enclosed and protected. It would be nearly impossible to fall out.

New_Pencil_Pouch.jpg

dpkform

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a cheap JETech slim fit case from Amazon. It's much thinner and lighter than the official two piece complete case from Apple. The JETech is also VERY sturdy as a stand. It is poor though at keeping the top lap secured to the back cover when flipped open.

I had the Logitech create keyboard and case. It is ridiculously bulky, heavy, expensive, and a lousy keyboard. Not that easy to remove either. For the price of this plus the 12.9 iPad Pro I think the vast majority of people are better off with a laptop. I have owned literally EVERY model of iPad ever made and tried many many cases, keyboards, etc. I finally realized keyboard folios make no sense to me at all. If you want to turn your tablet into a laptop you are probably better off with a laptop.

Two best keyboards I have found

1) Logitech Keys-To-Go for iOS / OS X. Ultra portable, spill proof, quick pairing button makes it easy to to repair with different devices on the fly.

2) Logitech K811 iOS / Mac Keyboard. This one is approximately the same size as Apple's Magic Wireless keyboard, but slightly cheaper and vastly superior. Better typing feel, backlit keys that come on with a hand sensor, and can pair with 3 different devices and switch between them with a touch of a button - no unpairing/repairing required.

The ONLY made for a specific model of iPad Keyboard cases that make any sense to me are keyboards like Logitech's ultra slim keyboard cover. The iPad is secured magnetically in a slot, and in some cases tha angle is adjustable. The iPad literally just lifts out when not in use retaining the benefit of a tablet, and the secure magnetic slot allows it to be used on a lap with the keyboard, which does not work with separate keyboards. Unfortunately, the latest model is for the iPad Air 2, no pro model, and cost cutting on that model makes for terrible quality - and not even a rechargeable battery - have to replace batteries - WFT?

I found the smart connector or also be anything but. It is not secured in any way - it depends entirely on constant contact - such that the slightest wobbles cause disconnects.

sel1965

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I started out with a cheap no keyboard case for Pro 12.9 and out of the blue decided to try the Apple smart case with keyboard. This keyboard/case is AWESOME! I didn't think I would like it but I really do. It's nice and I wouldn't want to use anything else.

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I started out with a cheap no keyboard case for Pro 12.9 and out of the blue decided to try the Apple smart case with keyboard. This keyboard/case is AWESOME! I didn't think I would like it but I really do. It's nice and I wouldn't want to use anything else.

I bought the smart keyboard case the day I got my Pro 12.9 and am glad I did. I'm very impressed with it.

freedom-writer

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought one but after a month, when I got serious about writing on my iPad, I ditched it. I lost my Apple Pencil end cap, Apple doesn't sell replacements (the end really needs a cover) so have to use a 3rd party one. The CoverBuddy pencil holder won't accommodate the replacement cap. 1) I had to leave the pencil end sticking out. 2) the pencil holder creates a bump on the case which won't let it lay flat and isn't angled enough to see the screen. You can take the pencil holder off but that's a pain and asking to be lost. It does work with the Smart Keyboard but not well enough for me.
I want a portfolio or case that will fit my iPad Pro 12.9 WITH the Smart Keyboard attached. I've got 4 Bluetooth keyboards here now and had others before but the Smart Keyboard is the best portable keyboard I've ever used. Now if I can only find a nice case or leather folio to carry the setup with me - I'll be in iPad happiness.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods