When will Apple finally release the embargo on iPad Pro reviews?

Betchel Photography

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
So when will Apple finally release the embargo on iPad Pro reviews? Pre-orders start in just two days and so far not a single in depth review. Is Apple afraid that lackluster reviews will dampen the pre-order fervor? I will be very interested to see how the tech press evaluates this product. I love my iPad Air as a consumption device, but have always felt quite hobbled when trying to use it for productivity. I fully expect the pencil to be great, and can see popularity as a sketch pad, but until you have full software programs such as Lightroom and Photoshop ported to IOS then I see the appeal being limited.

Given a year to allow developers to write apps that fully leverage the additional power and RAM and I am sure the value proposition for the iPad Pro will be much greater.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Profound silence regarding reviews.

Welcome to iMore! I'm not surprised at the lack of in-depth product reviews. Apple has never been one to distribute a product prior to its official release. The reviews will come very quickly once it's in the public's hands.

Betchel Photography

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! I will definitely look forward to the reviews. I am a big Apple fan- using a 27" iMac and iPad Air 2. I can certainly see the iPad Pro being something I can use if and when Adobe ports/develops Lightroom/Photoshop for the IOS platform.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! I will definitely look forward to the reviews. I am a big Apple fan- using a 27" iMac and iPad Air 2. I can certainly see the iPad Pro being something I can use if and when Adobe ports/develops Lightroom/Photoshop for the IOS platform.

I'm still unsure about the iPad Pro for me personally but I can definitely see the utility, especially from a productivity standpoint. pencil sounds gimmicky but I think it raises the bar compared to any other stylus-type device available today. I'm excited to see how the public utilizes the iPad Pro.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

As someone who has been in the IT Support world as well as HR, Sales, Retail and others I can see how (to some) a tablet of this size would easily replace a desktop.This says nothing about those in the creative, educational & health care related markets.

Speaking for myself now, in my current HR world - I use Evernote, Email, ToDoist, Dropbox, Scanner Mini and a browser on the iPad Air 2 and find myself fairly functional when away from my desk (or even at it, with my feet up on my desk :biggrin: )

I'm very confident the Pro will help me work better with those apps becauseI I won't have to wait till I get back to a "bigger screen", faster laptop, etc, etc.

So when will Apple finally release the embargo on iPad Pro reviews? Pre-orders start in just two days and so far not a single in depth review. Is Apple afraid that lackluster reviews will dampen the pre-order fervor? I will be very interested to see how the tech press evaluates this product. I love my iPad Air as a consumption device, but have always felt quite hobbled when trying to use it for productivity. I fully expect the pencil to be great, and can see popularity as a sketch pad, but until you have full software programs such as Lightroom and Photoshop ported to IOS then I see the appeal being limited.

Given a year to allow developers to write apps that fully leverage the additional power and RAM and I am sure the value proposition for the iPad Pro will be much greater.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

As someone who has been in the IT Support world as well as HR, Sales, Retail and others I can see how (to some) a tablet of this size would easily replace a desktop.This says nothing about those in the creative, educational & health care related markets.

Speaking for myself now, in my current HR world - I use Evernote, Email, ToDoist, Dropbox, Scanner Mini and a browser on the iPad Air 2 and find myself fairly functional when away from my desk (or even at it, with my feet up on my desk :biggrin: )

I'm very confident the Pro will help me work better with those apps becauseI I won't have to wait till I get back to a "bigger screen", faster laptop, etc, etc.

Good feedback. If I didn't already have (and love) my MacBook Pro I might be more open to the iPad Pro. I'm sure I'll have a difficult decision to make when my MBP needs to be replaced. Then again, I thought that the original iPad was a silly idea when it was first released.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Good feedback. If I didn't already have (and love) my MacBook Pro I might be more open to the iPad Pro. I'm sure I'll have a difficult decision to make when my MBP needs to be replaced. Then again, I thought that the original iPad was a silly idea when it was first released.

Hi,

Personally, I find the Pro's potential to be on par with the present day notebooks, especially those acquired by corpos. I have worked in variety of roles and have seen some bulky laptops that were too much of a burden to carry. More importantly, they were not utilized to its full potential, productivity-wise.

To me, this a dream-come-true device. No more sitting at the desk, huge screen that I can leverage in designing things, excellent colour reproduction, and iOS with my favourite apps at my disposal! The LTE modem is a bonus.

I've been talking about this topic to some of you and outside of the realms of this forum; my conclusion is this: you will find the Pro compelling if you find the apps you use & love utilizing its full potential and capabilities. All of my faves are with iOS, so this is a no-brainer.

As a side note, always opt for the extra AppleCare+, especially with the iPads. They are beautiful devices that, on occasion, can brake down. After my latest visit to one of the Apple Stores, I know that the repair charges would have been exorbitant. Thankfully, I had mine covered and got a replacement unit for $0 upon picking up.

Cheers!

Hirazuki

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

Actually, I just googled reviews and release dates of a few of Apple's previous launches, and it would seem that reviews usually do appear before the official launch. For example:

iPhone 6s reviewed on September 22nd and released on the 25th.

iPad Air 2 reviewed on October 21st and released on the 22nd.

From memory, I remember most of Apple's major product launches to have lifted press embargos anywhere from 1-3 days before public release.

I usually do look forward to the reviews of upcoming Apple products, and am very interested in the iPad Pro (so I'd like to hear what the press has to say about it); to the OP's main point, I do find it strange that on the eve of the launch no one is saying a word about the product, and frankly that makes me a tad bit worried.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro