I'm wondering whether to get the Apple keyboard cover for the iPad Pro, or a third-party keyboard. The only one I've heard of is the Logitech one, but there's not much info out on it yet. Sigh...

Laura
    11-03-2015 01:34 PM
    I'm sure that once the iPad Pro goes on sale, the iMore team will do tons of articles on the smart keyboard and other third party keyboards. Third party keyboards might be announced once the iPad Pro goes live. Hopefully, the wait's over soon.
    simplylaurakb likes this.
    11-03-2015 01:57 PM
    But I must have my iPad Pro on day one! LOL!

Laura
    andrwstw likes this.
    11-03-2015 02:18 PM
    But I must have my iPad Pro on day one! LOL!

Laura
    You may just have to hold off on the keyboard part unless you want to get the Apple one. I'm in the same boat ... i will most likely get the pro close to day 1 but not sure about the keyboard.
    11-03-2015 02:24 PM
    Hi,

Myself, I'm going for the Apple's keyboard; I know the usual suspects in the 3rd-party world have already pre-announced the accessories, so I would definitely expect those keyboards to be launched along the pro launch.

Cheers!
    11-03-2015 04:08 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to add on keyboards -- I much more prefer to use the onscreen keyboard as its much more fluid let alone convenient. Dating back to the days of the Star Trek series of touching the console to enter or manipulate settings I knew, at least for me, that's the way you're supposed to enter or manipulate data.

I'm wondering whether to get the Apple keyboard cover for the iPad Pro, or a third-party keyboard. The only one I've heard of is the Logitech one, but there's not much info out on it yet. Sigh...

Laura
    pjforest likes this.
    11-04-2015 06:00 AM
    I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to add on keyboards -- I much more prefer to use the onscreen keyboard as its much more fluid let alone convenient. Dating back to the days of the Star Trek series of touching the console to enter or manipulate settings I knew, at least for me, that's the way you're supposed to enter or manipulate data.
    I don't mind the virtual keys for quick things but I use my iPad to take notes at work and I'm much faster on a physical keyboard for tasks like that.
    11-04-2015 06:21 AM
    No doubt, to each his/her own - I'm not a writer but I take all kinds of notes throughout the day as well, including creating or reply to email messages and about half the time it's on the fly.

I will admit - Once I get one I may find that a keyboard is the better option, so who knows

I don't mind the virtual keys for quick things but I use my iPad to take notes at work and I'm much faster on a physical keyboard for tasks like that.
    11-04-2015 07:03 AM
    No doubt, to each his/her own - I'm not a writer but I take all kinds of notes throughout the day as well, including creating or reply to email messages and about half the time it's on the fly.

I will admit - Once I get one I may find that a keyboard is the better option, so who knows
    I am very fast on the iphone virtual keyboard, but the I like having a physical keyboard for the ipad because I peck out a lot of long notes here at work. It's just faster for me.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-04-2015 10:36 AM
    If they have not yet, I am sure ZAGG will soon be announcing a line for iPad Pro. I own their keyboard cover for iPad Air and highly recommend them. Apple keyboard is fine (I use one with my desktop Mac) but my issue with Apple is no stands or integrated cases. Companies like ZAGG sell keyboard/stand combos and a wide range of cases.

Tablets are terrific for word processing when you have a decent keyboard and stand.
    11-05-2015 04:18 AM
    If they have not yet, I am sure ZAGG will soon be announcing a line for iPad Pro. I own their keyboard cover for iPad Air and highly recommend them. Apple keyboard is fine (I use one with my desktop Mac) but my issue with Apple is no stands or integrated cases. Companies like ZAGG sell keyboard/stand combos and a wide range of cases.

Tablets are terrific for word processing when you have a decent keyboard and stand.
    Precisely, you can significantly improve your typing/editing experience with a proper keyboard. I totally agree. ZAGG and others should be introducing them shortly. The question remains whether those keyboards will utilize the new connector, or just regular via BT.

Thanks!
    11-05-2015 02:25 PM