How do you think the iPad Pro will perform for heavy gamers? I plan to get it for my mom for Christmas and she plays, no joking, like 25 games. Do you think the iPad Pro would be able to handle this many games? Would it be safe to get her the largest one or would that be pointless?
    10-30-2015 12:59 PM
    I think it will be fine for games.
    10-31-2015 09:23 AM
    I think it depends on what games- personally I think it would be big and awkward- of course I got rid of my iPad air 2 for the new mini since it was considerably lighter. I have arthritis in my hands and the air was too heavy for me
    10-31-2015 04:12 PM
    I imagine it will be awkward to hold up for a game. Also, games are not that great right now on IOS. I want console quality games, not candy crush.
    Dark_Huntress likes this.
    11-05-2015 11:46 AM
    How do you think the iPad Pro will perform for heavy gamers? I plan to get it for my mom for Christmas and she plays, no joking, like 25 games. Do you think the iPad Pro would be able to handle this many games? Would it be safe to get her the largest one or would that be pointless?
    In terms of pure processing power, it will be awesome like you wouldn't believe. However, the problem is adopting the games to the new screen real estate. It is a relatively straightforward process (in iOS app dev parlance), yet still requires reference to the newly added screen resolution and adjusting textures, etc.

I would say, you should be fine. The worst-case scenario will be your Mom playing an unoptimized game of hers with huge objects on screen (scaling up). I am sure, though, that this is going to quickly change.

Cheers!
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-05-2015 06:12 PM
    Define heavy. GTA V? Skyrim?

Number of games will depend on the storage size so better purchase the 128Gb version. If most of her games doesn't require tilt control, then get the iPad Pro. If she's into shooter, racing, endless runners, then get a smaller iPad.
    11-06-2015 07:57 AM