Hey Peeps,

I realize that the Pro is hardly "the next big thing" (or maybe it is, on the "large" side of things, lol). Anyway, am I the only one here who cannot contain the excitement?

I am planning on doing some web dev entirely with it (more of a hobby than a line of business, for now). I am thinking that this puppy should get me going with the keyboard and pencil very nicely.

So far, I have confirmed a few apps that might help:

- Coda for iOS (been using the Mac version since 2007, love it; tested the iPhone variant and love it too);
    - Squarespace (dev account and hosting);
    - Working Copy for Git repo management;
    - Paper for sketching and basic design outlines;
    - Omnigraffle for advanced charts and modelling;
    - Sticking to iMovie for movie editing, for now;
    - Photo editing - will see what Adobe has to offer, if need of serious retouching/editing work;

What do you guys think? Will the device fit into a substantial chunk of your workflows?

Cheers!
    Last edited by TheRadBear; 10-05-2015 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Cleared typos & stylistic errors
    10-05-2015 12:12 PM
    I'm in the exact same scenario. I've been testing out web development on my ipad air2 since IOS 9 was released. I've been using Coda and it's worked pretty well so far. I've been using iDraw for icon/interface work. I think I'll still need a desktop for longer work sessions and a few utility items until we get more pro apps on the iPad. Some of the main things I miss are the Chrome dev tools for debugging and having a unix command prompt(can somewhat replicate this by having a paid hosting account online though)

Also for me personally, I've wanted a mobile digital drawing tablet forever but the iPad never really fit the bill without pressure sensitivity.
    TheRadBear likes this.
    10-05-2015 03:34 PM
    I think it might be very helpful to work but only with the additional smart cover + keyboard and the pen, without those tools I think it will be just bigger iPad Air. But any way can't wait to play with it soon
    10-05-2015 04:39 PM
    I think it might be very helpful to work but only with the additional smart cover + keyboard and the pen, without those tools I think it will be just bigger iPad Air. But any way can't wait to play with it soon
    Spot on; the keyboard, and the pencil will be a necessity for that kind of work as mentioned above and, personally speaking, I do intend to purchase them along. As a side note, I am wondering about the release date in November; cannot come soon enough!

Cheers.
    10-05-2015 08:20 PM