Will I be able to send text messages from the iPad Pro?

I

iMore Question

Will I be able to send text messages from the iPad Pro

Will text messaging be available on the iPad Pro? Will I need a data package for it?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will I be able to send text messages from the iPad Pro

Will text messaging be available on the iPad Pro? Will I need a data package for it?

It will work with cellular (LTE radio) and wifi. Yes, if you want to use LTE then you will need a data package. No, if you are happy with wifi.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Won't it require being attached to an iPhone in order to get actual text messaging (as opposed to iMessage)?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Won't it require being attached to an iPhone in order to get actual text messaging (as opposed to iMessage)?

Um, yeah... my bad.

The bottom line is that the iPad Pro is, after all, an iPad... pretty much what works for the Air 2 and the Mini 4 will work for the Pro.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
There are apps that do SMS messaging.

Various VOIP services in the US, along with Google Hangouts, which sends and receives texts using your Google Voice number.

But that works with any iPad, of course. Heck, I'm in Canada and I have a Google Voice number in the US, tied to my occasional American cell number. I send texts to the US with my American Google Voice number all the time, using the Hangouts app.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2