Broken Pencils-ipad_pro_apple_pencil_plugged_in-100613525-orig.png

I absolutely love this device and what looks to be a lag-free stylus experience but I'm hypothesizing that the charging scheme is going blow up in Apple's face. I really wanted Apple to have some drama-free press this year but I just don't think that's going to happen. I would have thought that maybe using the magnetic keyboard power connection as the source of power or introducing a female lightning cable would have been smarter. I am really interested in knowing what went on behind those doors that made people think this was a good idea. All in all, I do hope a third party charging connector comes out even though I've never seen a female lightning cable out in the wild because I certainly cannot trust this scheme with other people around

Thoughts?
    09-19-2015 10:22 AM
    If a pencil runs out of power it doesn't need to be plugged in very long to make it usable again...and I'd bet a 3rd party manufacturer is working on a charging accessory for the pencil...
    09-19-2015 10:31 AM
    Thoughts?
    I think you're looking into it a bit too much...
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-23-2015 01:08 PM
    I agree. My first thought was, what the heck is that? I realize you get decent battery life out of a very short period of time of charging, but I still don't like it.
    10-03-2015 01:16 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad_pro_apple_pencil_plugged_in-100613525-orig.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	692.4 KB 
ID:	91945

I absolutely love this device and what looks to be a lag-free stylus experience but I'm hypothesizing that the charging scheme is going blow up in Apple's face. I really wanted Apple to have some drama-free press this year but I just don't think that's going to happen. I would have thought that maybe using the magnetic keyboard power connection as the source of power or introducing a female lightning cable would have been smarter. I am really interested in knowing what went on behind those doors that made people think this was a good idea. All in all, I do hope a third party charging connector comes out even though I've never seen a female lightning cable out in the wild because I certainly cannot trust this scheme with other people around

Thoughts?
    This was an initial concern of mine however after reading this review from Arstechnica, my concern is no longer necessary.

"The accessory charges with a Lightning connector that plugs directly into the iPad Pro or an included donglethis connector is used to pair the Apple Pencil with the iPad Pro the first time you use it." - Arstechnica
    10-04-2015 09:12 AM
    I have to agree with the OP, it would have made sense for apple to make the Pencil so it could be charged with your lightning cable you already have, many uses will have portable power, or access to a laptop, desktop or outlet to charge. Having it hang off your Pro is asking for damage.
    10-25-2015 02:46 PM