anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'll be getting one for paramedic school. Is anyone else a little annoyed that the ONLY model that comes with LTE is the highest capacity model? Come on Apple!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry I missed them saying that.
Are you sure?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So get the capacity you want, and use your iPhone as a wifi hotspot for the iPad when you don't have traditional wifi available... that is if your plan with your cellular provider includes the wifi hotspot feature in your plan...if it doesn't you can see about adding it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Well I've got T-Mobile, and as much as they are improving and have been over the years, I barely pull signal at school with my iPhone. Perhaps if I get the 6S Plus and with the 12 band, that could change. I have an iPad Air 2 LTE connected with Verizon and it's never failed me once. And before you ask, the wifi at school is horrid, something the school knows about and has been working on addressing for a while but I've always defaulted to using iPad LTE. So that's why. Perhaps a little bit of a unique situation but nonetheless I am an LTE iPad user through and through. Either way I'm getting one and may be ultimately happy I went with the higher capacity model since the apps may be much larger in size but I was really hoping for a 64GB LTE.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yep noticed that too. I didn't put $1300 in my budget for the new iPad this year. I am going to have to fudge with numbers because I need to get one for testing and I need LTE :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I've got T-Mobile, and as much as they are improving and have been over the years, I barely pull signal at school with my iPhone. Perhaps if I get the 6S Plus and with the 12 band, that could change. I have an iPad Air 2 LTE connected with Verizon and it's never failed me once. And before you ask, the wifi at school is horrid, something the school knows about and has been working on addressing for a while but I've always defaulted to using iPad LTE. So that's why. Perhaps a little bit of a unique situation but nonetheless I am an LTE iPad user through and through. Either way I'm getting one and may be ultimately happy I went with the higher capacity model since the apps may be much larger in size but I was really hoping for a 64GB LTE.

So why not switch your phone service to Verizon and kill two birds with one stone?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that as well. But considering they are only releasing a 32 and 128 and I need at least 64... I would be 'stuck' with the 128 anyways since I do use the LTE. I can also upgrade with Verizon (hopefully... the "My Verizon" site says my current iPad has an upgrade available although I've never paid an upgrade price for an iPad?)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe because he/she doesn't want to pay Verizon prices for phone service ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much. I've got a good thing with T-Mobile and don't mind the few spots I have spotty coverage. :) Almost made the switch a couple of years ago but picked up an LTE iPad then and was very pleased with the results.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much. I've got a good thing with T-Mobile and don't mind the few spots I have spotty coverage. :) Almost made the switch a couple of years ago but picked up an LTE iPad then and was very pleased with the results.

Understandable...my initial logic was that the extra cost from a Verizon plan would wash from the potential extra cost of a cellular iPad cost increase, but I could be completely off base with that assumption.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Understandable...my initial logic was that the extra cost from a Verizon plan would wash from the potential extra cost of a cellular iPad cost increase, but I could be completely off base with that assumption.

It depends on the amount of data he uses....if he uses a lot it could come out to be the same price.

I had T-Mobile with unlimited LTE Data for $70 ( I signed up before they hiked it $10) with a Note 3 on a payment plan $30 or so, iPad added on for $19and Jump! $10. All that for around $130

Went to Verizon and got a Note 4 payment plan $27, 10gb of data plan for $80, the fee was $15 and add on my iPad $10 for around $144 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have T-Mobile with the $70 plan, add $10 JUMP and $10 match data at 5GB for my iPad Mini 3. It comes to around $115. I don't have an installment right now as I end up paying extra towards it and always pay it off early. It'll probably be around $145 or maybe a little less with the 6s.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't need to use your iPhone as a hotspot Apple can clearly afford to make LTE more realistic in price but then again they never missed an opportunity to pick someone's wallet. Besides telling someone to use their phone as a hotspot means their phones battery will be dead all the time and they can't use it or else they need a battery pack to keep it charged.

Better off getting a MiFi that is IF you have to get the WiFi version. Still they are sticking it to customers.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't need to use your iPhone as a hotspot Apple can clearly afford to make LTE more realistic in price but then again they never missed an opportunity to pick someone's wallet. Besides telling someone to use their phone as a hotspot means their phones battery will be dead all the time and they can't use it or else they need a battery pack to keep it charged.

Better off getting a MiFi that is IF you have to get the WiFi version. Still they are sticking it to customers.

Eh $130 more isn't terribly that much where it outweighs to negatives of getting the LTE version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Personally, I would much rather rely on LTE and a good data plan that a publicly available WiFi...

With respect to narrowing the LTE down to the maxed capacity, something tells me that Apple introduced it based on a strong correlation of users opting for topped storage and LTE combined. Would not be surprised if that were truly the case.

Cheers!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting one for paramedic school. Is anyone else a little annoyed that the ONLY model that comes with LTE is the highest capacity model? Come on Apple!

To ease the drama, there are only two models of the iPad Pro.

The 32gb version is $799 and is WIFI only. The 128gb version is $949 (WIFI) and $1079 (LTE).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1