iPad Pro: Priced too high?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
$799 for a base model I don't see this much more then a niche device. At that price I don't see the general public buying it unless they have money to burn or is an Apple fanatic/ just prefer the Apple ecosystem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You've already showed no interest in the device...so of course it's going to seem overpriced to you. To me, I expected it to START where the top end variant is. The fact that it starts at $799 makes it perfectly priced to me.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Priced way to high imo.

You've already showed no interest in the device...so of course it's going to seem overpriced to you. To me, I expected it to START where the top end variant is. The fact that it starts at $799 makes it perfectly priced to me.

I had little interest in it if it was $699. As I said in my other thread for school I would of probably sold my iPad Air 2 and use that for the iPad Pro simply because it makes it so much easier for taking notes.

I find it of little interest in a portable sense when I'm on the train/bus

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had little interest in it if it was $699. As I said in my other thread for school I would of probably sold my iPad Air 2 and use that for the iPad Pro simply because it makes it so much easier for taking notes.

I find it of little interest in a portable sense when I'm on the train/bus

Apple made it abundantly clear that this wasn't the focus of this iPad.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have no real interest in it (and no justification to buy one), but I don't think it is overpriced. It's a laptop (and a cheap one at that) that is more powerful than most laptops and in tablet form. Price seems more than fair to me.

Laptops I still prefer windows so even then about $200-$300 more then a decent windows laptop that doesn't have the cheapest cpu and a HDD

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I my opinion, all Apple products are overpriced, but it doesn't stop me or 63 million other people from buying Apple products.....LOL

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think we disagree on what constitutes a decent Windows laptop then?there's no way that what I think is a decent Windows laptop is $200-300 less than the iPad Pro.

I have a gaming laptop now but before that I had a budget one that I paid $400 for that had 4GB of RAM, Windows 8.0, 500GB HDD, AMD A6 APU and did the job fine for Web browsing, and basic productivity like word, Excel, PowerPoint and etc

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok. My specs for a decent laptop (Windows or OS X) start at a minimum of 8GB, an SSD only for storage and no more than 2-3 years back on latest processors.
IMO, web browsing and Office are a requirement for a bargain basement laptop and is no where close to my requirement for "decent".

You don't need 8GB of ram to Web browse, basic productivity like word and you don't need a SSD. Even then it's fairly cheap to upgrade ram and the Hard drive for around $800 which is still cheaper then the iPad Pro plus keyboard.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You don't need 8GB of ram to Web browse, basic productivity like word and you don't need a SSD. Even then it's fairly cheap to upgrade ram and the Hard drive for around $800 which is still cheaper then the iPad Pro plus keyboard.

How is this relevant at all to the iPad Pro?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How is this relevant at all to the iPad Pro?

If the argument is the iPad Pro isnt overpriced when it's a laptop replacement then my point is for $400-$500 dollars you can find a decent laptop that you can use for college that will be around $500-$400 cheaper then the iPad Pro plus keyboard cover.

Anyways....if I could get a decent return on my iPad Air 2 128GB with cellular I might Consider buying the iPad Pro because it will be useful for school.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If the argument is the iPad Pro isnt overpriced when it's a laptop replacement then my point is for $400-$500 dollars you can find a decent laptop that you can use for college that will be around $500-$400 cheaper then the iPad Pro plus keyboard cover.

Anyways....if I could get a decent return on my iPad Air 2 128GB with cellular I might Consider buying the iPad Pro because it will be useful for school.

Depending on the quality and precision of the drawing tablet and photo editing ability of the iPad Pro, there's no comparison at all to a cheap computer...you'd bring a system to it's knees with the software I have to use with my wacom tablet to do what they showed the iPad Pro can do. We will see when it is officially on the streets, but if it works as advertised, and is precise, those cheaper PC's wouldn't be relevant at all.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Depending on the quality and precision of the drawing tablet and photo editing ability of the iPad Pro, there's no comparison at all to a cheap computer...you'd bring a system to it's knees with the software I have to use with my wacom tablet to do what they showed the iPad Pro can do. We will see when it is officially on the streets, but if it works as advertised, and is precise, those cheaper PC's wouldn't be relevant at all.

The Microsoft Surface 3 is $499 and you find the Pro 3 cheaper then $799 for the lowest model. You also get the full Windows Desktop experience while it's still iOS on the iPad pro.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Microsoft Surface 3 is $499 and you find the Pro 3 cheaper then $799 for the lowest model. You also get the full Windows Desktop experience while it's still iOS on the iPad pro.

None of the surface tablets are as accurate as a wacom tablet...not even close. The lag they have is actually a bit annoying, especially for precision line making and connecting. You obviously don't use drawing tablets, so I can understand why you'd think they are the same...and I can't say for 100% certainty that this iPad Pro will be better in terms of accuracy, latency and precision...just saying if it is, it's in a different league.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
None of the surface tablets are as accurate as a wacom tablet...not even close. The lag they have is actually a bit annoying, especially for precision line making and connecting. You obviously don't use drawing tablets, so I can understand why you'd think they are the same...and I can't say for 100% certainty that this iPad Pro will be better in terms of accuracy, latency and precision...just saying if it is, it's in a different league.

Dang did not know the surface pro was that bad apple is pretty accurate when it comes to announcing how something is and it's dead on to what they advertised so I think it will match up to par but only time will tell

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

The iPad Pro latency will be on point...wouldn't doubt Apple on that

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have the Pro for the pen functions. That's what I liked about the Note 3 and Note 4 when I had them. If I was in school or had a job where I depended on the pen functions I could probably justify the cost. However, for what I use my iPad for the Pro would be overkill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually think the Pro is priced fine next to the Air 2 (which I assume will still be sold) and the Mini 4.

What drives me nuts is that the pen is $100 and the keyboard is $170.....