You're comparing a phablet with a crossover tablet.

Compare phablet to phablet.

And since you wouldn't be caught dead with any apple device, I fail to see where this is even a consideration for you.

Which begs the question....why the sudden interest in Apple products? It's as if I suddenly questioned the price of the BlackDroid Venice or Avenger or whatever it will be.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    Sigh...
    Maybe someone here reading the post got what I meant but I won't beat a dead horse. No need to be testy. Yeesh, and you used to like me...
    Whaaaaa!!!
    09-10-2015 06:20 PM
    Sigh...
    Maybe someone here reading the post got what I meant but I won't beat a dead horse. No need to be testy. Yeesh, and you used to like me...
    Whaaaaa!!!
    Yup. I did, A lot.

And then we both know what was said/IS BEING SAID about me.

Over a choice of phones.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:23 PM
    Look at pricing on the Surface. This is pretty much being used as a more portable version of a netbook.

It's what I'd consider a "Hybrid".

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    09-10-2015 06:30 PM
    (Shocked!)...You mean I have to (gasp) change my habits or even (omg) save for something I want but can't afford right now? That's, well that's just old-fashioned thinking. How dare you bring that tried and true method into the 21st century. What's wrong with you? (Laughing)
    Yah, that's what She Who Must Be Obeyed beat into me with a willow switch every time I pitched a fit over something I wanted but we couldn't afford......
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:34 PM
    Priced too high for me to buy it, but that's the point.

Get people who really want it to buy this generation, and maybe I'll buy it a couple of iterations down the road.

This year my Apple upgrades are an iPad Mini 4 (my first mini) and an iPhone 6s Plus (my first plus). Moving down in size from an Air and up from a 6.

I don't think I'll want a Pro, but maybe the use cases will persuade me later on. Did buy a first-gen iPad and a first-gen Apple Watch, so sometimes I bite early.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:36 PM
    Eh it's very Apple biased ..... Write something mildly against Apple and you get every fanboy screaming at you because you said something bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not quite, I've argued the downsides of all different devices/OS. However, the people here know it's just my opinion. It's never stated as fact because my feelings aren't factual.

I've had arguments, disagreements, etc but at the end of the day, it's just that. A variance in opinions.

Respect everyone, no matter if they're the white to your black. 🤐🤗🤓

Omg. I love these new emotes!!!...

Oops. Off topic.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    09-10-2015 06:36 PM
    It's a fact ..... No fighting against it specially when the cheapest MacBook Air is $800 compared to a Windows laptop at around $300-$400 when you take the crap out of the equation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have those 300-400 machines. They stink compared to our Macs. Even compared to a 500 Mini. Only problem with the Mini is the soldered RAM. The 2 systems aren't comparable by price or quality. Just like the tablets.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:42 PM
    Too much bickering. C'mon folks. We all obviously love technology here,and everybody has different tastes/likes/dislikes...just like in cuisine,cars etc. We live in an incredibly rapid, technologically advancing age right now and everyone benefits....,and as for me...Im not specific to any one platform/brand. When a reputable company makes something that I really like/want,I research and buy it if it is for me. I've had every iPhone since the iPhone,and 3 different iPads. I love Apple devices.But I also build my own windows gaming pc's and I love those. My laptop is a pc and I love it. I love my Apple watch and will probably get the next version.
    There are positives and negatives to both windows devices and Apple devices,which differ user to user.
    my 2 cents
    09-10-2015 07:00 PM
    That's your opinion. And you're welcome to it. Just don't expect everyone to agree.

My opinion is Mac/OS X is superior/better "for me". Windows 10 may be good "for you", but I have no interest.
    Agreed. I've used Windows in a professional environment for over 20 years and many years before that in college, etc. Switched to Mac at home about 5 years ago and I'm never going back. Even though I was much more experienced with Windows within a month or so of getting my first Mac, I was often frustrated with my high powered developer-spec Windows laptop. OS X seemed much more natural to me. So no Windows 10 is not good for me.
    09-10-2015 07:03 PM
    I have those 300-400 machines. They stink compared to our Macs. Even compared to a 500 Mini. Only problem with the Mini is the soldered RAM. The 2 systems aren't comparable by price or quality. Just like the tablets.
    My 2012 Mac Mini runs better than today's $300-400 Windows Machines. And it was a mid-level one at the time.
    Scatabrain likes this.
    09-10-2015 07:07 PM
    When people's argument runs thin they attack the site. If it's that bad, leave.

I thought we were having a civil conversation about the ipad pro pricing. Obviously the winds have changed.
    kch50428, Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-10-2015 07:31 PM
    Doesn't matter how the latency is if you can't fun the apps you need. I've used the SP3 enough to know what the latency is like. You can go as deep into it as you'd like, though.

I just don't think a designer using Photoshop is going to drop a Surface Pro for an iPad Pro, considering that same tablet you use with you Mac Pro can be used with a Surface tablet.

Which is kind of my point. I understand an IPad as a supplementary device. I cannot see how it can replace Windows or OS X for Pro use. The reason why I mentioned the Surface specifically is because there is no comparable OS X hybrid device to compare the iPad Pro to within Apples ecosystem.

I edit audio and video. I also use Dartfish. Dartfish Express isn't a replacement for their Windows Software, and they don't make an OS X version. iMovie and GarageBand can't even compare to even the cheap consumer/prosumer Audio and Video Editors available for Desktop OSes.

My confusion stems form the fact that it's aimed at the Pro Market, but not even Apple found a reason to develop anything even close to a Pro App for it. The software available for it is all pretty much unsuitable for Pro Use, unless you want to deal with Adobe's 5,000 apps that they've plastered across every app store (why update one app, juts create a new one!) - and even that's stretching it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    I've used Garage Band to make commercially available records on a iPad 2. I have associates that use Garage Band exclusively to make record. I have associates that use the iPad Air as a entire Keyboard rack on Tour. I use my iPad as a control surface to mix in Logic Pro 9 or Pro Tools.

Every Apple device I use to make my living doesn't have Pro in the name or designation. I recorded live writing sessions on my iPhone and iPod Touch in the voice memo app and made money on it.

I do Bass sessions in Garage Band drop the file in Drop Box and get Paid via Pay Pal.

Running a iPad Pro as a control surface should be sweet and many other things can be done with it.
    A Avid/Euphonix MC Mix is over $1000 and all it is is a control surface.

Give me a iPad mini Air Air2 any of them and I'm making money as soon as I unbox it using Garage Band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 07:52 PM
    I've used macs a bit in school and had a $400 dollar windows laptop and I'll take the windows laptop everytime unless extreme portability is a major factor. If need be downgrade to Windows 7 and you'll be fine

09-10-2015 07:59 PM
    I've used macs a bit in school and had a $400 dollar windows laptop and I'll take the windows laptop everytime unless extreme portability is a major factor. If need be downgrade to Windows 7 and you'll be fine

I do use 7 in a VM a couple of times per week. Beats other versions but wish I didn't have to tho.
    09-10-2015 08:06 PM
    Or someone who appreciates support and world class customer service as opposed to being left out to dry with lackadaisical maintenance schedules and OS "upgrades" that render devices fairly unusable.

Fanaticism for quality products with impeccable support? Yup. I guess I'm a fanatic for those.
    Pretty sure my laggy iPad 3 would beg to differ lol. Was fine on iOS 7 and didn't plan to upgrade until I was forced to after having to restore... Hell, even the onscreen keyboard is lagging as I type this. Plus the fact that apple wants to be a bunch of dicks and block downgrades doesn't help much either. Really feel like they're providing excellent customer service smh
    09-10-2015 08:12 PM
    Pretty sure my laggy iPad 3 would beg to differ lol. Was fine on iOS 7 and didn't plan to upgrade until I was forced to after having to restore... Hell, even the onscreen keyboard is lagging as I type this. Plus the fact that apple wants to be a bunch of dicks and block downgrades doesn't help much either. Really feel like they're providing excellent customer service smh
    That stinks. Reminded me about a friend who became anti Apple because their first gen ipod touch couldn't be upgraded. They wanted the opposite.

3 years is not that long tho. Sux it's lagging. Have you tried some of these tops:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-sp...-older-device/
    09-10-2015 08:24 PM
    I my opinion, all Apple products are overpriced, but it doesn't stop me or 63 million other people from buying Apple products.....LOL
    (This is not an attack on you Spencerdl, just building on the point you made)

Watching the keynote, specifically the "environmental" notes listed at the end of each product I thought back to a time that Apple was being constantly attacked because they didn't have fully environmental friendly production techniques. So here we are, some 15years later and Apple is rated as one of the MOST environmentally friendly companies.
    What has been their economic investment in developing the necessary materials and processes to achieve this? Do they not have the right to be a bit more premium in their pricing due to this ?
    How does Apple compare to the producers of these $300-400 laptops?
    I am sure Apple could produce an economy priced laptop if they stepped away from this position, but would it actually be better?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-10-2015 09:11 PM
    (This is not an attack on you Spencerdl, just building on the point you made)

Watching the keynote, specifically the "environmental" notes listed at the end of each product I thought back to a time that Apple was being constantly attacked because they didn't have fully environmental friendly production techniques. So here we are, some 15years later and Apple is rated as one of the MOST environmentally friendly companies.
    What has been their economic investment in developing the necessary materials and processes to achieve this? Do they not have the right to be a bit more premium in their pricing due to this ?
    How does Apple compare to the producers of these $300-400 laptops?
    I am sure Apple could produce an economy priced laptop if they stepped away from this position, but would it actually be better?
    Actually, this is a very good point and makes me proud to use a environmental conscious company called APPLE for my mobile needs. Thanks
    09-10-2015 09:14 PM
    I plan to get an iPad Pro so I can actually leave my MBP Retina at my desk where it usually is and have a large portable device for work and personal use. My wife will get my iPad Air 2 challenge is IF she doesn't want it then its really a throw away device given the fact that resale values on Apple tablets are not that great, just looked at my AT&T 128GB LTE iPad Air 2 and it's worth about $300.
    09-10-2015 10:02 PM
    I love my Windows desktop PC back in the UK. It's a gaming behemoth that I built myself but the problem is that I hate Windows 8 (i'm running Windows 7 at the moment) and Microsoft have indicated that the next iteration on Windows will be a subscription based model and I loathe those completely. I haven't been back to the UK since the launch of Windows 10, so can't comment on that yet.

I have an iPhone 6, an iPod Classic 160Gb, a 2010 MacBook Pro 13" and up until recently I had an iPad 2 but it stopped functioning a couple of months back, so i am well versed in the Apple ecosystem.

I far prefer Windows on my desktop as i've been using that since the very beginning and am fully conversant with what goes on under the hood. there are many aspects of Yosemite that i dislike intensely. I loathe iTunes as a method of transferring stuff to my phone and far preferred the drag-and-drop functionality of my HTC One or even *shock horror* my various Samsung devices (disclaimer: All Android devices now sold).

But the fact that I can rely on my iPhone to do exactly what I need it to do, when I need it to do it, with absolutely no fuss or drama, is a big thing for me.

I would much rather pay more for something that is reliable and does what I need, than less money for something that is going to be less reliable for my needs.
    muchospanish likes this.
    09-11-2015 02:14 AM
    I've got an iPad 3 that I stopped upgrading after iOS7. Why? Because I learned, with my iPhone 3GS, that newer OSs on old hardware does not work as smoothly as newer OSs on newer hardware.

As far as Apple being a bunch of dicks, your language, they stop signing the old OS after a few weeks of a new release. You put it on, you test it. You don't like it, remove it. Simple. This keeps as much uniformity as possible and keeps fragmentation lower. Different from other platforms.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/01/an...s-10-adoption/

As opposed to this

http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/03/ios-8-...te-a-year-ago/

So..... Have you taken your laptop to an Apple store? Have you given them a call?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-11-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    09-11-2015 05:24 AM
    Yes, I would like to second that sentiment. My bankbook may not allow me to act on that sentiment currently, but when it does, I will. .
    09-11-2015 12:20 PM
    Really I thought the iPad Pro would be more than it is. I was expecting things to start at $999.00, so @ $799.00 I find it priced well ...
    I guess Apple felt bad after the gouging they gave us on the Apple Watch and decided to cut us a break ...
    Scatabrain likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:56 PM
    At $799, plus the Pencil ($99), plus the Keyboard ($169), the entry level iPad Pro is $1155.28 after tax. The new 12" MacBook is $1299.

I love all of my Apple gear; but don't fool yourself... The iPad Pro is still overpriced.
    Closingracer likes this.
    09-11-2015 02:55 PM
    At $799, plus the Pencil ($99), plus the Keyboard ($169), the entry level iPad Pro is $1155.28 after tax. The new 12" MacBook is $1299.

I love all of my Apple gear; but don't fool yourself... The iPad Pro is still overpriced.
    Nobody is fooling themselves...your opinion is that it is overpriced. Nothing more.
    09-11-2015 03:25 PM
148 ... 3456