Use case notwithstanding, I'm surprised that there is only a $50 difference between a 6s+ and the iPad Pro. Seems odd to me. I mean right off the bat the iPad has double the storage and that is always a $100 premium on a iPhone. So if you think the iPad is overpriced, what about the phone?
    The iPhone 6s Plus is priced as the market will bear for a phablet. Its pricing structure at entry level, which is where the iPhone 6s Plus and the iPad Pro bear a similarity, is roughly comparable to the Note 5, so it's within market range. If it weren't, it wouldn't sell. And sell, Apple products do.

Here is the thing, both these Apple products will receive Apple support and OS updates. You know, iOS updates. They won't need to go to....say....Android....to save their devices. So that's worth the money, as far as I'm concerned. The OS is viable, and I'm pretty certain that I'll be able to get the next one next year. In other words, it's not a dead end like other OSs. It's not like the Quasimodo and the Q10 I've got, sitting in a drawer and gathering dust; native app support is dead because the CEO told devs to just build for another platform, and the company is placing the majority of its attention into another OS from another company.

Apple support of iOS is worth the money. Customer service is worth the money. I can walk into an Apple store and resolve any issue I may have. Or call them directly without having to jump though hoops with third party companies outside the country that don't give a damn about the customer. And if I crack a screen or the screen lifts, it's taken care of. That's worth the money.

And the apps????? Oh lordy. Any app I want, I've got. I don't have to hack my phone to get them. And developers are developing for my phone, not some other company's phone that I'm pooching and putting into my device and hope to the high Heavens that it will work.

Let's talk about dependability. I was on a commuter train when my BlackBerry decided to die. It was a 9900 and yup, those bricked themselves with no warning. What saved me? My iPhone 4s. I've had not one single iPhone die on me. So I'll gladly pay 978 or thereabouts for an iPhone 6s Plus that I know will be supported, maintained, warrantied, run native apps from developers who build for the device, be there for me on the middle of a commute home, not have screens lifting (my ex's Quasimodo had his screen lift by the way, mine hasn't because it's in my kitchen drawer under the kneading roll because it's useless to me), and with an OS that I know will be there next year and not be EOL in favour of another platform in a Hail Mary attempt at keeping the company alive.

So......long story short......(too late)....I don't feel that the price on the iPhone 6s Plus nor the iPhone 6 nor the iPad Air nor the iPad Pro are overpriced. Their price is what the market will bear. Had they been on a dying platform, then a 500 price tag is too much. Which is, coincidentally, what the Quasimodo is going for. It's 500 bucks for a device that is, possibly, EOL, given the dearth of leaks and the noise coming from the CEO.
    09-10-2015 02:42 PM
    The iPhone 6s Plus is priced as the market will bear for a phablet. Its pricing structure at entry level, which is where the iPhone 6s Plus and the iPad Pro bear a similarity, is roughly comparable to the Note 5, so it's within market range. If it weren't, it wouldn't sell. And sell, Apple products do.

Here is the thing, both these Apple products will receive Apple support and OS updates. You know, iOS updates. They won't need to go to....say....Android....to save their devices. So that's worth the money, as far as I'm concerned. The OS is viable, and I'm pretty certain that I'll be able to get the next one next year. In other words, it's not a dead end like other OSs. It's not like the Quasimodo and the Q10 I've got, sitting in a drawer and gathering dust; native app support is dead because the CEO told devs to just build for another platform, and the company is placing the majority of its attention into another OS from another company.

Apple support of iOS is worth the money. Customer service is worth the money. I can walk into an Apple store and resolve any issue I may have. Or call them directly without having to jump though hoops with third party companies outside the country that don't give a damn about the customer. And if I crack a screen or the screen lifts, it's taken care of. That's worth the money.

And the apps????? Oh lordy. Any app I want, I've got. I don't have to hack my phone to get them. And developers are developing for my phone, not some other company's phone that I'm pooching and putting into my device and hope to the high Heavens that it will work.

Let's talk about dependability. I was on a commuter train when my BlackBerry decided to die. It was a 9900 and yup, those bricked themselves with no warning. What saved me? My iPhone 4s. I've had not one single iPhone die on me. So I'll gladly pay 978 or thereabouts for an iPhone 6s Plus that I know will be supported, maintained, warrantied, run native apps from developers who build for the device, be there for me on the middle of a commute home, not have screens lifting (my ex's Quasimodo had his screen lift by the way, mine hasn't because it's in my kitchen drawer under the kneading roll because it's useless to me), and with an OS that I know will be there next year and not be EOL in favour of another platform in a Hail Mary attempt at keeping the company alive.

So......long story short......(too late)....I don't feel that the price on the iPhone 6s Plus nor the iPhone 6 nor the iPad Air nor the iPad Pro are overpriced. Their price is what the market will bear. Had they been on a dying platform, then a 500 price tag is too much. Which is, coincidentally, what the Quasimodo is going for. It's 500 bucks for a device that is, possibly, EOL, given the dearth of leaks and the noise coming from the CEO.
    PERFECT....NUFF said. THANK YOU Qbnkelt.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:50 PM

OK, breath! LOL
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:56 PM
    S'OK. Having a beer now.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    Spencerdl and Evilguppy like this.
    09-10-2015 02:57 PM
    Some people will by the iPad Pro and some will not. Why, in either case, is irrelevant. The iPad Pro is there for those who want it. If you're not one those people, good for you, but don't knock the people who want it and buy it. It's their money and their choice. Period.
    09-10-2015 02:59 PM
    I don't have the budget for the device at the moment but I absolutely will buy one when I do. For me, this is the perfect device for reading scripts and annotating them on the go with a stylus. I always carried my iPad 2 in a bag so this will be no different. I would still gladly remove it from my bag and read on a train or buss, much like I do with my MacBook at the moment. this will be far easier to transport than my MacBook though. It may be a niche product but I fit right into that niche, so i'm super interested.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:05 PM
    Now, Apple products tend to be more expensive, but not always. A consumer can oftentimes find a comparable product for less. That's a given. Having said that, it is still his or her choice to make and for the people who find that choice incomprehensible, please remember, what doesn't make sense to some makes perfect sense to others. Besides, if you're one of the people who opt for a more economically priced device, are you being cheap or frugal? Are those who opt to get the more expensive iPad Pro, are they being blindly loyal or have they found a brand that caters best to their wants and needs? Just food for thought...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:10 PM
    What I got from the keynote is a world class tablet that's very Versatile and priced right so I don't see an issue
    qbnkelt and Spencerdl like this.
    09-10-2015 03:20 PM
    Lol!
    I'm not trying to insinuate that you shouldn't be happy with your current or future purchase. I was merely drawing a comparison of two Apple products, how they are so similar in price, but how different they are in ability.
    32gb vs 16?
    Screen size?
    4 speakers vs one?
    And 4K video on a 16gb device?
    Hmmm...
    09-10-2015 03:31 PM
    What I got from the keynote is a world class tablet that's very Versatile and priced right so I don't see an issue

There isn't one. I find it ironic that some of the individuals complaining about the price would not be caught dead with an Apple product (or so they vociferously say) so the only reason to be on this thread is to stir the pot and then show off to kindred Norwegian mythical creatures.

kataran likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:33 PM
    Lol!
    I'm not trying to insinuate that you shouldn't be happy with your current or future purchase. I was merely drawing a comparison of two Apple products, how they are so similar in price, but how different they are in ability.
    32gb vs 16?
    Screen size?
    4 speakers vs one?
    And 4K video on a 16gb device?
    Hmmm...
    You're comparing a phablet with a crossover tablet.

Compare phablet to phablet.

And since you wouldn't be caught dead with any apple device, I fail to see where this is even a consideration for you.

Which begs the question....why the sudden interest in Apple products? It's as if I suddenly questioned the price of the BlackDroid Venice or Avenger or whatever it will be.

09-10-2015 03:43 PM
    I'd buy one at this price in a heartbeat if I had the money. Currently use an iPad Air. I recently bought my son a Surface Pro 3 for college.(he and I both love it) I have to say though that I would have preferred a "built in kickstand " on the iPad Pro if I was getting one. ...very convenient. I would choose an iPad Pro over a new Surface Pro 4 for myself though. I just love iOS and the whole ecosystem, though I think I would get Logitech's new iPad Pro keyboard instead of Apples. ( Apple Pencil should have been included imho).
    09-10-2015 03:59 PM
    This stuff cracks me up just like the people who complained about the Macbook that came out earlier this year. Do people understand that companies like Apple make products for a huge spectrum of consumers, and that not every product will appeal to every person? I don't understand the bile that people spew at these new products just because they don't line up perfectly with their own expectations of a perfect device...it's hilarious really!
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.
    09-10-2015 04:05 PM
    The surface series is rarely used by professional creative artists. There are ones out there that talk it up, but overall the latency issue makes it so you cant use the product in any serious manner. All that power wasted in my opinion. The iPad pro isn't mean't to replace your current equipment but rather compliment it. Why would apple risk a replacement for a $2-3k computer with a $1000 ipad? My issue is with the surface series is while it does a lot of stuff, it doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I don't need a mediocre experience in one device, I would rather have two good experiences in my iPad and computer.
    09-10-2015 04:31 PM
    Some people will by the iPad Pro and some will not. Why, in either case, is irrelevant. The iPad Pro is there for those who want it. If you're not one those people, good for you, but don't knock the people who want it and buy it. It's their money and their choice. Period.
    I can find a use for it but at $799 it's cost outweighs the advantages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 04:34 PM

*For you.
    qbnkelt and Spencerdl like this.
    09-10-2015 04:36 PM

That is true for a lot of people, in my opinion, but it's not true for others. Know what I mean? Personally, I don't have a need for it or any other iPad at this point in my life, but if I used an iPad as much as I use my iPhone, I'd definitely buy the iPad Pro....
    09-10-2015 04:40 PM
    *For you.
    For the mainstream consumer. Your not going to sell them on a $800 dollar tablet with a tablet OS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 04:41 PM
    For the mainstream consumer. Your not going to sell them on a $800 dollar tablet with a tablet OS

It will sell more than the pro tabs from Samsung due to branding and ecosystem but it really doesn't offer anything those devices offered two years ago. Maybe the dev support will push it over the edge, but it will still be very hard to choose this over a Surface given the similar prices and the built in advantages of Windows 10 vs iOS esp regarding app support.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Closingracer likes this.
    09-10-2015 04:49 PM
    For the mainstream consumer. Your You're not going to sell them on a $800 dollar tablet with a tablet OS

The answer is simple. Don't buy it. But get out of the way and let someone who does want to buy one to do so.

It's fine to voice your opinion, but having done so, stop beating the drum and move on. I'm sure there's something in Apple's product line that will make you happy.
    09-10-2015 04:52 PM
    It will sell more than the pro tabs from Samsung due to branding and ecosystem but it really doesn't offer anything those devices offered two years ago. Maybe the dev support will push it over the edge, but it will still be very hard to choose this over a Surface given the similar prices and the built in advantages of Windows 10 vs iOS esp regarding app support.

It will sell more then Samsung tablets but it's IOS. For $799 I rather get I can get the surface pro 3 which windows is superior at productivity. Even if you want to argue about the latency on the surface you have the Samsung Note pro series and Note 10.1 2014 edition which are both cheaper then the iPad Pro and has a wacom digitizer with little latency.

09-10-2015 04:52 PM

But have you used Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects on a Surface Device? It is terrible. Just because the tabs can run full windows programs doesn't mean it does it well. My bet is that photoshop (updated app version) on the ipad pro will be a better experience than Photoshop full version on a surface Pro, because Photoshop full program isn't designed to be used on a tablet.
    Scatabrain and Ledsteplin like this.
    09-10-2015 04:53 PM
    But have you used Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects on a Surface Device? It is terrible. Just because the tabs can run full windows programs doesn't mean it does it well. My bet is that photoshop (updated app version) on the ipad pro will be a better experience than Photoshop full version on a surface Pro, because Photoshop full program is'nt designed to be used on a tablet.
    Yea, and no it isn't. Get an appropriate surface. Don't try to skimp wit an i3 with 4GB RAM for Premiere Pro and After Effects and then complain about performance.

The Surface can dock to an external monitor so at a desk the screen size is not a factor. You don't buy this as your main work machine. You buy it for on the go productivity and working. The surface can run those apps. The iPad can't, period.

The Surface can use a mouse or trackpad, so whether an app is tablet optimized is a non factor. It's a Full windows laptop that can function as a tablet. Not a tablet masquerading as a laptop.

An iOS Photoshop is never going to compare to what's available on Windows and OS X. It won't even compare to PaintShop Pro, for that matter.

09-10-2015 04:55 PM

As a consumer, I'd rather buy this tablet than anything Android or anything Windows. So as a mainstream consumer, your statement is wrong.
    09-10-2015 04:57 PM
    Yea, and no it isn't. Get an appropriate surface. Don't try to skimp wit an i3 with 4GB RAM for Premiere Pro and After Effects and then complain about performance.

The Surface can dock to an external monitor so at a desk the screen size is not a factor. You don't buy this as your main work machine. You buy it for on the go productivity and working. The surface can run those apps. The iPad can't, period.

Why do you assume I am skimping? I have worked on the most powerful SP3. And it handled the programs I listed terribly in my experience. I do this 8-12 hours a day I have worked on a plethora of machines. You said it yourself. SP3 doesn't replace your main work machine. Neither does the iPad Pro.
    09-10-2015 04:58 PM
148 12345 ...