The first iPad I've ever been hyped about!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
First iPad that I've wanted...I am definitely getting this thing on release day! It's a friggin' Wacom tablet now!

I'm so excited personally.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It definitely seems really cool. I have no justification to get one though. I'll just stick with the iPad Air 2. I wonder if the new stylus will work at all on it? Even if just as a normal stylus without the extras that go with the iPad Pro.

Na it won't work. It basically has a wacom digitizer which is similar to the surface tablets and what Samsung offers on the note series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
As someone who works on a wacom device daily at home and work, I can say I am stoked. I felt samsung had the right idea with their tablets having stylus, but each one always had some glaring faults. Mixing the iPad Pro with the already existing apps in the App store is going to be huge.
Hopefully now we can stop hearing about how the stylus is dead tech.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I need it to be really accurate...wacom has made their drawing tablets extremely precise, so I need to see this thing in action to see if it will suffice and replace my tablet I use now. For about $1,000 for the tablet plus pencil, it better be near perfect.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As someone who works on a wacom device daily at home and work, I can say I am stoked. I felt samsung had the right idea with their tablets having stylus, but each one always had some fault. Mixing the Ipad Pro with the already existing apps in the App store is going to be huge.
Hopefully now we can stop hearing about how the stylus is dead tech.

This is exactly what Im excited about...the app suite to remove the need for 5-6 different pieces of software I currently use on my MBP to work with my wacom...and the fact that you're seeing the stuff you draw and direct more naturally under the pencil, that is going to be fantastic if it is precise.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I need it to be really accurate...wacom has made their drawing tablets extremely precise, so I need to see this thing in action to see if it will suffice and replace my tablet I use now. For about $1,000 for the tablet plus pencil, it better be near perfect.

This is the deal breaker. Without the precision of the cintiq series it will just be an oversized toy. I tried the Surface tablets and the latency is terrible. They are already talking up latency in the iPad Pro, I hope it delivers.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'll definitely sell a couple of ipads to get one. Don't need the accessories right away, if at all really. Looks like a great piece of tech.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I were in the market for one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but as of now, I cannot justify buying it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The healthcare angle will be interesting since a lot of hospitals and doctors offices are moving away from tablets to notebooks or small laptops. Chief issue I have heard from healthcare professionals is the need for a real keyboard, yes this tablet has a keyboard at $169 but it doesn't appear (from the images I can find so far) to actually fully protect the iPad Pro. In the Healthcare environment you need it to be rugged and they can't afford busted displays.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to devise a scheme to get an iPad pro. Especially since I typically use my iPad to write papers and take notes. Then toss in the multitasking additions with iOS 9... Whew!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It looks really nice. Congrats to anyone who gets one. Won't be me this time. But then again, I haven't seen it in person. Sometimes after playing around with devices I get the urge to buy them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk