Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Not sure. Would need to know the specs

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's seems like a great device but I travel with my iPad so I need the regular size iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It helped making my decision to get the Surface 4 100% easier. The iPad Pro is overpriced and not as useful as even the Surface 3 Pro.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gang,

Intro: although a newbie to this forum, I am definitely not new to the platform. TLDR: I am getting one, asap.

Myself, I was somewhat on the fence about getting the iPad Pro. The logical alternative (in terms of the features and form factor) would be the Surface 3 (Pro). After all, Microsoft has been really doing great things with the Windows 10 platform, especially with Continuum and Universal apps. Well, I would like to think that...

That being said (first-handedly verified) the key point is user experience. While it is true that Apple's products are pricey, they offer, by far, superior and totally immersive user experience. The variety and quality of apps (ranging from games to productivity mills) is just more than you need. I don't know how about you guys, but every single time I run a quality app on my iOS devices, aesthetically speaking, I get goose bumps; Day One, Paper, or even Office for iPad - they are just phenomenal. I have yet to see equivalents for the Microsoft mobile platform that would be half as decent (yes, I am aware of decent exceptions).

In the end, it all comes down to this, I think. The way Apple designs their software is, to borrow an analogy, like a canvas and the devs are the painters. With excellent dev technologies and gradual improvement, modular design, and robust tools they are the only software (and hardware) company who has been so successful while changing/adopting platforms and programming languages. They simply treat them like vehicles for pushing the boundaries further. There is a reason Swift is, admittedly, such praise and momentum from the dev community; there is a potential in Apple's ARM designs to, some day, take over their desktops. As a former Computer Science academic I am amazed how well they have been able to do that, but I digress.

With the aforementioned analogy in mind, I cannot wait to see what the devs - be it indie dev shops or huge brands - have in store for the iPad Pro, and such, I am definitely getting one. I have no doubts that the future is very bright for this device. As far as the Pencil goes, it would be utter foolishness not to release one as a companion accessory.

Ending on a funny note, I have to give it to this guy:

He won the Internet. Cheers!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Whew. Normally the end of the year is a bit of a spent one for me. This year takes the cake. Preordered my 6S Plus, have 200 left on my Halo 5 LE Xbox One, and now the iPad Pro which must have LTE. Last big purchases before my home purchase next year. 😀

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one (but only after checking out the performance of the pencil for myself, since that aspect is really the ONLY reason I'm interested in the thing at all). I'd really like it to be running a full version of OS X, but if software options for legitimate production is added to iOS, this will be less and less of a necessity. We'll see...I'm really hoping the pencil functions flawlessly so that this thing can replace my wacom setup (or at least nicely compliment it in a visual way)...sometimes spend hours drawing on a wacom tablet gets boring since you can't directly see your input.

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I would have bought it especially since I can't wait to try out an apple made stylus. I have tried out soooooo many different styluses, some which were good and others which were expensive and did not work as advertised. Excited when I saw that apple had FINALLY created a stylus for their device. Not so excited when I saw that the device was 128GB. The same amount of space as my iPad Air. I will wait and see if they increase storage capacity to 256GB next year.....hopefully.

Jack Smith18

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Definitely!
As a entertainment device watching movies and reading books/magazines will be amazing on the new Pro not to mention the little bit of gaming that I do, overall I love the Pro just wish the base model came with 64GB of storage and the keyboard cover and pencil was a less expensive.
Will definetly get the cover and since I'm not an artist and can't draw for **** most likely not get the pencil, so basically I'm looking to get the 128GB model with cover and man will I be broke.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I`m going to maybe hold off now. Might have a change of heart, but I barely ended up using my ipad air 2, but I would rather travel with this than my retina MBP so idk. I returned my ipad Air 2 that I bought for school text books when I heard about this coming out. This may be a game time decision. I dont see them updating this one every year like they do the Mini.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I live on my Air 2 128gb, I am for sure getting the Pro 128gb on day one of release.

The bigger screen and using iMovie to edit HD or 4K video shot from my 6s 128gb will be a nice match up.

Cheers
Davyo

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I already sold my iPad Air 2 128GB to my sister and kept it on my AT&T account so she will get free data from me as well. This helped her get what she needed and my iPad was only a few months old an not used a lot. Still the iPad Pro for me is going to be my mobile laptop since I keep my MBP retina at my desk doing its work. Now that the iPad Pro is coming (soon) in the future I could see me going back to an iMac and configuring it to the highest they offer and having my iPad Pro as my laptop with the add-on memory expansions via Lightning ports I think it will be worth it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2