My iPad just died.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I got it when it was released, brand new from Apple. I had been having screen sensitivity issues for a while.
It’s fully backed up and running the lates iOS.
Plugged in, and no matter what I do, it stays black.
Btw I’m bedridden these days so this really sucks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got it when it was released, brand new from Apple. I had been having screen sensitivity issues for a while.
Bummer. If you have Apple Care+ they actually will overnight you a replacement. Just request the Express replacement. Otherwise no AC+ is is just standard shipping.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you have Apple Care + for it, is there someone you trust who can have it fix or swapped out at a nearby Apple Store?

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I have no idea: it stayed blank and dead no matter what I did and while I was on hold with Apple my husband managed to restart it and now it works fine. 🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️
A working iPad makes being bedridden a little easier.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I have no idea: it stayed blank and dead no matter what I did and while I was on hold with Apple my husband managed to restart it and now it works fine. ***

Awesome

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I have no idea: it stayed blank and dead no matter what I did and while I was on hold with Apple my husband managed to restart it and now it works fine. ***

Good deal. Get well soon.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
For future reference.

A hard reboot usually helps.

Press volume up, then volume down the press and hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo comes up. Just make sure the iPad is not plugged in or it will go into DFU mode.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
For future reference.

A hard reboot usually helps.

Press volume up, then volume down the press and hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo comes up. Just make sure the iPad is not plugged in or it will go into DFU mode.

Here are the steps to hard reboot an iPad:

iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Here are the steps to hard reboot an iPad:

iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

True... but the OP has the 3rd gen iPad Pro... so my steps are the ones that apply.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73