iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd Gen Vehicle Charging Requirements

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I work in the IT dept of the company I work for. We have 15 iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd Gen (MPA42LL/A) that will be deployed to our field guys. They will be using them for 8+ hrs a day while out on the field and they will need to keep them charged, primarily in their vehicles.

What type of vehicle charger is recommended for these iPads? What would be the charging requirements (amps/voltage)?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All they need is the charging cable that came with the device and a USB connector inside the vehicle. If your vehicle is equipped with an AC connector then the typical charging block for the iPad should be sufficient, in my opinion.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I worked for Google Maps and would use (don’t tell anyone) my iPad Pro 12.9 1st Gen for work stuff charging the iPad in the car would take FOREVER. No matter which USB car charger I used. I did have a co-worker that had a Power Inverter plugged into 12V cigarette lighter and he would plug the 10W power brick into it and he said it charged way faster than using the USB port but of course, a quality power inverter will you set you back around $100, I wouldn’t cheap out on something like this and buy a $30 one lol

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Belkin usb to usb c cable to charge my 2018 12.9” iPad Pro in the truck when I’m driving. It seems like it takes forever to charge. My iPhone X charges faster than this one does.

I think the problem is the battery is maybe too big. When I plug it into the wall socket it seems to charge a lot quicker.

Plus they said that if your almost dead on the battery it’s going to take about 2 hours to charge to 100%. At least that’s what I’ve heard after I bought it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner