Keyboard is a little too expensive

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I just got the email that my iPad Pro 12.9, 256 gb silver LTE from Verizon has shipped and should arrive on Monday. I ordered it around 11/11/18. I'm pretty pumped because I'm going from an older 3 year old regular iPad to the new pro.

My only problem is the Apple Keyboard is insanely expensive. Yea yea yea, I know, all apple stuff is kind of expensive. I'm already going to pick up the Apple Pencil this weekend, but I can't see spending 200 dollars plus tax on a keyboard. It's really grossly too expensive.

Anyone using an alternative keyboard that works well specific for the new iPad? If not I'll just throw a blue tooth keyboard in my bag until some better third party keyboards come out. I keep checking Logitech and emailed them and they responded with "they didn't have anything in the near future".

Thoughts? Anyone else just as frustrated about third party keyboards or the cost of the apple one as I am?

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Have you considered using an Apple Magic keyboard with your new iPad Pro?

I have two extras I think and that is what I’ll probably throw in my bag, but I’d prefer a case keyboard option around 100 instead of 200.

Really it’s just going to cause me to wait until a 3rd party option is available or I pull the trigger and just get the Apple one

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I use the Apple Smart Folio keyboard for my daily work and absolutely love it. I haven’t had any issues with it. For protection, I always carry a small bag (like foils) with me and take care of the device. But I am enjoying typing on the keyboard!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I’ve heard the folio keyboard is like typing on a pizza box. But I will actually be picking one up today since I bought a 12.9” Pro yesterday. I figure I have until January 8th to return so I’ll report back here about the keyboard.

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
That’s a good idea. I didn’t think about returning it. I just think 200 for a keyboard is a little extreme. But if I don’t have another option, then I guess I have to

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My conspiracy theory is that Apple threatened all keyboard case makers which is why there were none available at launch.
If the Apple Smart Keyboard case had backlit keys I would jump on it but I’m just waiting now

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So typing from it right now and it’s not too bad. Really thought i’d have to press down harder on the keys but it’s a gentle touch. I really like the idea of using this device with this keyboard for certain situations that I don’t really care to lug around my MacBook Pro.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
So typing from it right now and it’s not too bad. Really thought i’d have to press down harder on the keys but it’s a gentle touch. I really like the idea of using this device with this keyboard for certain situations that I don’t really care to lug around my MacBook Pro.

I actually like typing a lot with the smart folio keyboard.

If you also haven’t noticed yet, if you fold back, it sticks nicely due to the magnets unlike the older one and it helps a ton when you just want to lay down and use them Pencil!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I actually like typing a lot with the smart folio keyboard.

If you also haven’t noticed yet, if you fold back, it sticks nicely due to the magnets unlike the older one and it helps a ton when you just want to lay down and use them Pencil!
Oh, the magnets are so strong it’s almost a PITA to fold it back up to tuck it away. Very nice and sturdy.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hmm you guys are making me want to get one. T-Mobile’s has them and I can add it to my plan for like $7 a month. I also think the price is absurd but I’ve been using my iPad so much I think I’d make good use of it.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hmm you guys are making me want to get one. T-Mobile’s has them and I can add it to my plan for like $7 a month. I also think the price is absurd but I’ve been using my iPad so much I think I’d make good use of it.

If you require typing, then yes it’s pretty good and sturdy option.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I use a Magic Keyboard with mine. I even have a case for it. I too couldn’t stomach what Apple wanted, especially when it’s time for a new iPad, and the your keyboard case doesn’t fit your new iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73