Problems Disconnecting from WiFi

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPad has a problem when attempting to disconnect from a WiFi connection and switching to LTE. I’ve been having this issue for about 3 weeks now and the only way to remedy the issue is to restart the iPad. Even if I turn WiFi completely off it still doesn’t connect. Sometimes when I’m at home I want to do things off my cellular connection and not WiFi.

As you can see in the pic the WiFi is turned off but it’s still connected to WiFi.

I’m running 12.1 on 2018 12.9 256GB Verizon LTE model.

Anyone else experiencing this?

f69384feab0eb5f35cf5c7d9f9d43186.jpg

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
That seems like a bug in iOS to me. At this moment, I dont think it would be a hardware issue. I would give updating to the current beta some serious thought to see if that fixes this issue. Otherwise, I would take it to a Apple store if you have one you can get to and see what they think.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That seems like a bug in iOS to me. At this moment, I dont think it would be a hardware issue. I would give updating to the current beta some serious thought to see if that fixes this issue. Otherwise, I would take it to a Apple store if you have one you can get to and see what they think.

I was going to wait to see if the issue persisted before I head to the Apple Store since Genius Bar appointments are about a week out in NYC.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Shortly after posting this last night my iPad froze and then went into data recovery attempt mode for like 25 minutes before recovering itself. I wasn’t concerned since I had just plugged it in night before and it backed up to iCloud.

435672dffd49ed14466c99da98df1974.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Shortly after posting this last night my iPad froze and then went into data recovery attempt mode for like 25 minutes before recovering itself. I wasn’t concerned since I had just plugged it in night before and it backed up to iCloud.

Is the issue still there after recovery?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Ok. I’ve never had to make an appointment with them. Twice I had to come in to show them something and I just walked up to the bar and gave it to them. But this was in the Detroit area. It’s probably different in your area.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I’ve never had to make an appointment with them. Twice I had to come in to show them something and I just walked up to the bar and gave it to them. But this was in the Detroit area. It’s probably different in your area.

Ha! I wish they did walk up appointments. Every now and then you might be able to squeeze into a cancellation a lot but those are rare. If you walk in you could be waiting a couple of hours

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh