I run two blogs, a podcast, and a YouTube channel for one of the blogs. With all the handwringing about “real work” I figured I’d try, a REAL try to get my blogging, video editing, photo editing (yay for Lightroom and Photoshop CC!) and audio editing on this iPad.

How are you using yours?

11-27-2018 12:43 AM
    I love it - I'm using the Apple wireless keyboard as well
    trw1602 likes this.
    11-27-2018 04:48 AM
    Ok first of all great pics! Second of all what stand is that? And third of all, I use mines mostly for media consumption but for business purposes as well. I’m mortgage loan originator and I use my pro to write notes in notability on my clients’ files, checking emails and staying up to date with my connections on LinkedIn.
    trw1602 likes this.
    11-27-2018 05:54 PM
    And holy shortcuts! I’m still trying to get used to it and find how it fits into my daily usage. Any sections for a newb?
    11-27-2018 05:55 PM
    Looks like a great config - however, I could not master this without an additional pointing device, in particular when doing some "pro" work in Excel or PPT. I tried, and it drove me crazy.
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    11-28-2018 03:29 AM
    Beautiful photos! You are a true Pro user by the look of it. Wow, that’s a lot of shortcuts.
    Idelgado782 and trw1602 like this.
    11-28-2018 05:48 AM
    ConGrats. That's a good looking set up.
    Idelgado782 and trw1602 like this.
    11-28-2018 06:54 AM
    Good looking set up.
    trw1602 likes this.
    11-28-2018 03:10 PM
    Ok first of all great pics! Second of all what stand is that? And third of all, I use mines mostly for media consumption but for business purposes as well. I’m mortgage loan originator and I use my pro to write notes in notability on my clients’ files, checking emails and staying up to date with my connections on LinkedIn.
    To me that looks like an iPhone stand. I have one made by Spigen (link below) but there are other manufacturers that make nearly identical variants (with some slight design changes or features). You can find a bunch on Amazon and they’re inexpensive.
    https://www.spigen.com/products/mobile-stand-s310
    12-02-2018 06:37 AM
    I was thinking about buying this one from twelve south

Twelve South Compass 2 for iPad, silver | Mobile display stand with typing angle for iPad Pro/iPad Air/iPad mini https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF4OL44...mUvbUpU3111401
    12-02-2018 07:58 AM
    That looks nice. I use those Apple keyboards I can’t stand with new iMacs with iPads but still cannot consider any iPad a computer replacement.

To be fair, iPads really can be the main computers for many people but they do not have enough software compatibility and browser compatibility for my work in IT administration.

I know you can’t expect an iPad to run the executables for a general purpose computer but it still happens too often when browsers are not compatible. If Safari won’t work I’ll try others and get a no go. In some cases tech platform admin apps are iPhone only or have limited function.

All the iPad ads about them being your computer are a bit deceiving for the work a lot of people do.
    12-02-2018 08:37 AM
    I was thinking about buying this one from twelve south

Twelve South Compass 2 for iPad, silver | Mobile display stand with typing angle for iPad Pro/iPad Air/iPad mini https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF4OL44...mUvbUpU3111435
    Anything by Twelve South is a winner.
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    12-02-2018 10:59 AM
    To me that looks like an iPhone stand. I have one made by Spigen (link below) but there are other manufacturers that make nearly identical variants (with some slight design changes or features). You can find a bunch on Amazon and they’re inexpensive.
    https://www.spigen.com/products/mobile-stand-s310
    That’s not an iPhone stand. That’s a stand by Lamicall specifically made for iPad.
    01-05-2019 08:59 PM
    And holy shortcuts! I’m still trying to get used to it and find how it fits into my daily usage. Any sections for a newb?
    Most of my Shortcuts are used for smart home and Mac automation. I’ve built some cool ones but I’m a programmer by trade and while this is nice I’d miss the tooling writing a script gives over this GUI type programming interface.

You should check out Matt Cassinelli on YouTube. Great way to learn how to build shortcuts.
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    01-05-2019 09:05 PM
    That looks nice. I use those Apple keyboards I can’t stand with new iMacs with iPads but still cannot consider any iPad a computer replacement.

To be fair, iPads really can be the main computers for many people but they do not have enough software compatibility and browser compatibility for my work in IT administration.

I know you can’t expect an iPad to run the executables for a general purpose computer but it still happens too often when browsers are not compatible. If Safari won’t work I’ll try others and get a no go. In some cases tech platform admin apps are iPhone only or have limited function.

All the iPad ads about them being your computer are a bit deceiving for the work a lot of people do.
    Agreed. Most of my work can’t be done on an iPad. But for my hobbies and some quick dev work it’s okay.
    01-05-2019 09:12 PM
    I like the stand. Where did you get it?
    06-13-2019 04:56 PM