Kudos To Apple (tax dept)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Fast background story... (OR Resident working in WA) I pre-ordered the 12.9 with "all the fixings" at Best Buy for 11/7. On 11/7 BB said my order was ready to pick up, but when I got there they were OOS on the #2 Pencil, the Keyboard Folio and (get this) Apple Care.. they only had the 12.9 iPad Pro... so I got a refund from BB and left angry.

Reason I picked BB over Apple is
#1 : Best Buy is 5 min away / Apple is 80-90-Min Away (each direction)
#2 : Best Buy = Tax Exempt / Apple = Nope.

But Apple had the iPad Pro 12.9 Wifi / LTE (BB did not have the LTE) in stock, with the keyboard, pencil and oddly enough Apple Care. So I went home, ordered it to pick up on 11/8. Sadly the tax (Seattle) was $198.00, which I paid. While at Apple I asked about the tax.. and they told me to email salestax@apple.com and tell them what happened.

I got home (after another biz trip) and emailed Apple. They sent me a form to return with my ID from Oregon and scan / return. I did that...

Next day I get an email that my Tax refund was approved and it will post to my CC in 3-5 biz days.

Good for you Apple! Thank you very much!

Kudos.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I think on another post you told me my thinking was flawed about getting the 1TB. Right now I’m going to get the 512 one. Not till the end of the month. Have to pay my cell bill first.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think on another post you told me my thinking was flawed about getting the 1TB. Right now I’m going to get the 512 one. Not till the end of the month. Have to pay my cell bill first.

For me it was not about the money really, I don't mind spending the funds.. I put aside $500 a month for my "tech stuff" which comes out to $6K a year.. from that I can buy tablets, phones, apple watches etc.. and I resigned myself to that being my personal tech money.

That does not mean I spend it foolishly, and I think $400 more for 2GB of memory and storage that I will never ever use seemed to be a waste of $400.

On a side note, my CC got the nearly $200 tax credit from Apple... :) I feel better about that too.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I understand. That’s why I’m probably going to get the 512gb model.

Is it true that on the 12.9” model you can’t watch 4K videos on YouTube? I seen this in the comments on apple insiders review on the new 12.9” iPad Pro.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Is it true that on the 12.9” model you can’t watch 4K videos on YouTube? I seen this in the comments on apple insiders review on the new 12.9” iPad Pro.

I can try to test later.. I don't use my iPad for videos or games or anything... rare exceptions is when I travel I may watch a movie or tv show in the hotel if their cable sucks. Mine is 90% biz use.. but I will look up some 4K stuff today if possible.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I don’t think that iOS itself supports 4K video play back from YouTube, as Apple hasn’t added/adopted support for the VP9 codec that Google uses, IIRC...
Maybe a third party app might though.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don’t think that iOS itself supports 4K video play back from YouTube, as Apple hasn’t added/adopted support for the V9 codec that Google uses, IIRC...
Maybe a third party app might though.

I have three 4K TVS, a 55" 50" and a 43" and I don't see so much of a difference to add any WOW factor to 4K TV. My HP Spectre Laptop also is 4K and that's more of a PITA than any value. Maybe if the TVs were OLED it may be worth really caring about 4K. The other thing may be that 43" to 55" may be too small to really have that impact.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’m more than satisfied with 1080p, I just think that it’s a matter of Apple going with one standard for 4K, and Google going with another, and neither one is willing to budge at this time to get YouTube in 4K on iOS.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
What I’m referring to is 4K videos on YouTube from other people. Like iJustine, Lamar Wilson and others who have made videos in 4K. I watch these now on my 10.5” iPad.

Maybe I’m a little confused about this. I’m not talking about making them, just watching other people’s videos that they made.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
New iPad Pro = iOS = nope. If that doesn’t help then I’ve got nothing more to add, other than searching on the web for an answer to your questions (Google it). Have a good day.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You saved $198 so now you can buy that much in dongles ?????? its a win win for Apple ??????

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR