Is anyone buying the 12.9” iPad Pro with the 1 TB storage just for the heck of it?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
New iPad Pro

I thought about it and canceled the order. I have to think about what I’m getting. The question is what am I going to do with 6gb of RAM and 1TB of storage when I have a 2017 15” MacBook Pro with 512gb if storage and 16gb of RAM and a 500gb SSD external storage? I don’t need this much on a iPad.

I ordered instead the 512gb version. This should suit me just fine. I’m saving $400 over 20 months but I have NO USAGE for 6gb RAM & 1TB of storage. If this was my only device than ok, but it’s not.

Plus the Apple keyboard and maybe pencil, taxes also, it’s about $2400. I can’t spend that much on a iPad.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who’s buying the 1TB model. I hope your happy with it.

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: New iPad Pro

Ordered with At&t. Shipping is between 11/30 & 12/5. Now just to get a case for it. I’m looking at the Apple Smart Keyboard but I would rather have just a case. I don’t type that much, but I don’t see any alternatives out there. The Apple case without the keyboard doesn’t look good to me but I haven’t seen it up close and in hand. Targus has a case, which is thick, for the 3rd gen but their website says out of stock.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

Ordered with At&t. Shipping is between 11/30 & 12/5. Now just to get a case for it. I’m looking at the Apple Smart Keyboard but I would rather have just a case. I don’t type that much, but I don’t see any alternatives out there. The Apple case without the keyboard doesn’t look good to me but I haven’t seen it up close and in hand. Targus has a case, which is thick, for the 3rd gen but their website says out of stock.

I’m looking at the smart folio(the one without the keyboard) and see if that works out. I’ll also get a laptop sleeve to keep it warm in the truck during the winter. Might have enough money for the pencil if I skip the Smart Keyboard.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I’m looking at the smart folio(the one without the keyboard) and see if that works out. I’ll also get a laptop sleeve to keep it warm in the truck during the winter. Might have enough money for the pencil if I skip the Smart Keyboard.

I have the Smart Folio and it’s perfect. Super low profile, it does the job though it won’t protect the corners if you drop it, but otherwise I like it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
New iPad Pro

Hopefully I won’t. A couple of times I knocked the 1st gen 12.9” off the table in the truck, luckily it was in the thick Targus case. That’s the one I want but their website says their sold out. Customer service said new one should be in around the end of the year.

Last edited:

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site

I returned the Smart Folio. Just received the Spigen 12.9” portfolio. I just felt that the price of the Smart Folio was way too steep, especially given the lack of protection. The Spigen case has a slim profile and protects the device. But, although the pencil attaches magnetically, you do have to pull the edge from the case to actually charge the pencil. But for 25% of the cost , it works for me. Still thinking about a keyboard case, and waiting on 3rd party options.

However, using the Spigen and a Bluetooth keyboard is working fine too.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

Was the Spigen about $75? I don’t know how good this case is if you have to keep pulling off the edge to charge the pencil.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

I returned the Smart Folio. Just received the Spigen 12.9” portfolio. I just felt that the price of the Smart Folio was way too steep, especially given the lack of protection. The Spigen case has a slim profile and protects the device. But, although the pencil attaches magnetically, you do have to pull the edge from the case to actually charge the pencil. But for 25% of the cost , it works for me. Still thinking about a keyboard case, and waiting on 3rd party options.

However, using the Spigen and a Bluetooth keyboard is working fine too.

Can you post pics of the case?

Jonathantuba

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site

I have got the 1TB 12.9” iPad Pro. Expensive, but I run my international business from it, so quite justifiable. I got the 1TB because I had already used 400Gb on my previous iPad Pro, so wanted to get more storage to future proof.

It is a beautiful device and I appreciate the smaller overall dimensions when I am travelling. The only thing I find not as good as the previous version is the smart folio keyboard will not fold behind for video viewing which is useful on air flights. Having the pencil always attached and charged ready for use is great improvement, and having Face ID is nice. I also like the facility to switch between apps swiping along the bottom. Easier than the five fingered gesture before.

All in all, my favourite computer device by far!

Last edited:

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

I have got the 1TB 12.9” iPad Pro. Expensive, but I run my international business from it, so quite justifiable. I got the 1TB because I had already used 400Gb on my previous iPad Pro, so wanted to get more storage to future proof.

It is a beautiful device and I appreciate the smaller overall dimensions when I am travelling. The only thing I find not as good as the previous version is the smart folio keyboard will not fold behind for video viewing which is useful on air flights. Having the pencil always attached and charged ready for use is great improvement, and having Face ID is nice. I also like the facility to switch between apps swiping along the bottom. Easier than the five fingered gesture before.

All in all, my favourite computer device by far!

Wow 400gb! How do you use the iPad that takes up that much space? I agree if you’ve used that much before than going the next tier up was a smart move! I ended up doubling my space as well. I’m going to use the iPad for photo editing so I picked up the 256gb

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I finally got mine from AT&T, and I did get the 1TB storage option, will I use it, not sure but now that I have that much space I can actually load up a lot of things like photo's, media from my iTunes library and we are building a new house so it will be helpful with that as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No 1TB for me. Luckily I’m fine with just 64GB on my iPad. Most of my work stuff is done through the cloud and my media consumption on my iPad is basically streaming.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Had the 1TB on order but cancelled it a couple of days later and got the 512gb. Put a lot of iTunes movies and tv shows on it. About half the storage is filled already.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site

Was the Spigen about $75? I don’t know how good this case is if you have to keep pulling off the edge to charge the pencil.

The Spigen case I purchased is $23. The inconvenience of pulling the case's side to charge is minimal for me and well worth the savings.

I'd like a nice, high quality case and I'll keep looking. The Apple Smartfolio doesn't tick off the qualities I'm looking for in a case in the $100 or more range.

The Spigen case is an excellent value in my opinion, and not at all cheesy like some of the others.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the iPad Pro 12.9” 1TB Cellular yesterday. It’s a beast. I have upgraded yearly since the 1st Gen iPP, but I think I’ll keep this one for 2-4 years.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just bought the iPad Pro 12.9” 1TB Cellular yesterday. It’s a beast. I have upgraded yearly since the 1st Gen iPP, but I think I’ll keep this one for 2-4 years.

I just ordered the 12.9 to upgrade my 10.5. From a couple of years ago. I don’t do anything heavy and really wanted something more portable than the MacBook Pro that I previously had gotten. I just so Microsoft office apps, web surfacing, and online evangelism. I’m going to get the Apple Smart Keyboard before it arrives. I’m looking forward to using it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the apple keyboard cover for my iPad Pro 12.9 but may get the Brydge case for it and sell sell the apple one. Its nice having the extra storage but at times I do think it was overkill.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I’ve had mine since its release and honestly right now my issue with it is that my poor WiFi connection won’t let me back up or update until I get back to civilization, but I do quite enjoy it.

The TB storage is fabulous: I download entire series to my iPad so I can watch shows while away, I have tons of space.
All my tax documents are on there, all my medical files, all the paperwork from selling the house, my whole life is stored in that one TB and I can take it with me everywhere I go.

Display: YESSSSSSSS !!!
Speed: of course

Portability: honestly not really, lol, I was going to get an Ipad mini for that but right now I’m so mad at Apple I’m not going to.

So I’m hoping that Apple will quit selling us overpriced cameras as the next smartphone “discovery” and quit tethering their clients to WiFi which is a pathetic way of controlling us, so yes, I’m too mad at Apple to give them any money BUT:

I do so love my IPP. I can’t lie, it’s a glorious mother effing tablet, plain and simple.

I guess my relationship with Apple could be described as “COMPLICATED”

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2