Is anyone buying the 12.9” iPad Pro with the 1 TB storage just for the heck of it?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone buying the 12.9” iPad Pro with the 1 TB storage just for the heck of it. I’m wondering if the 6 gb of RAM is worth getting? I don’t do that much that warrants buying this but I’m thinking a little about it. It’s either this one or the 512 one. Is 6gb of RAM worth it now or later?

Any comments?

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: New iPad Pro

The iPad Pro (emphasis on Pro) isn’t for everyone, regardless of which one you get. That being said, the 1TB / 6GB Ram version is truly for those types of creators who push the limits with music, graphics, etc.

Unfortunately it’s also ego candy ???????????? and serves no other purpose than filling their superficial needs.

Is anyone buying the 12.9” iPad Pro with the 1 TB storage just for the heck of it. I’m wondering if the 6 gb of RAM is worth getting? I don’t do that much that warrants buying this but I’m thinking a little about it. It’s either this one or the 512 one. Is 6gb of RAM worth it now or later?

Any comments?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

256GB is more than enough for me since I use it mainly for movie storage for when I’m traveling. I really don’t push the iPad to the limits since I’m just using it for spreadsheets, signing documents and work emails but nothing graphically

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

The iPad Pro (emphasis on Pro) isn’t for everyone, regardless of which one you get. That being said, the 1TB / 6GB Ram version is truly for those types of creators who push the limits with music, graphics, etc.

Unfortunately it’s also ego candy í ½í¸Ží ¾í´ and serves no other purpose than filling their superficial needs.

Thank you. You are very kind.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

When I was picking up my iPad Pro 12.9 I asked about the price difference again on a Wifi/LTE model.. and it's over $400. I already paid $2200 for what I am getting. I can't see 2GB making a huge difference at this point.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Not to be technical, but the 9.7 isn’t an iPad Pro, it’s just an iPad. :nerd:

Currently if I want to use my IPP 9.7, I need it plugged in. It is S-L-O-W. And no matter what, I cannot back it up, I’ve tried everything.

So I mostly use my phone and count the days, lol.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

When I was picking up my iPad Pro 12.9 I asked about the price difference again on a Wifi/LTE model.. and it's over $400. I already paid $2200 for what I am getting. I can't see 2GB making a huge difference at this point.

What about later on? Is it possible that Apple put the 6gb on only the 1TB version for a reason? Maybe something might be coming next year with iOS 13 or before that?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

What about later on? Is it possible that Apple put the 6gb on only the 1TB version for a reason? Maybe something might be coming next year with iOS 13 or before that?

The way iPad uses memory I can't see it being that big of a hit. Native PS is one reason I got the 12.9 512, but I am still in my 14 day window to return and get the 1TB. Unless it's teleportation :) I can't imaging them adding something that would be greater than a fraction of a second difference in response between 4GB and 6GB on an iPad Pro 3rd Gen.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

The way iPad uses memory I can't see it being that big of a hit. Native PS is one reason I got the 12.9 512, but I am still in my 14 day window to return and get the 1TB. Unless it's teleportation :) I can't imaging them adding something that would be greater than a fraction of a second difference in response between 4GB and 6GB on an iPad Pro 3rd Gen.

It is 2gb and $20 difference between the two. I’m talking about $20 a month because I’m going with att next.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It is 2gb and $20 difference between the two. I’m talking about $20 a month because I’m going with att next.

Regardless of "monthly vs outright payment" it's $400 more than the 512GB. If it's worth $400 more to you, than get what makes you happy.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
New iPad Pro

Regardless of "monthly vs outright payment" it's $400 more than the 512GB. If it's worth $400 more to you, than get what makes you happy.

I’m looking ahead. I can’t keep buying iPads every year. 1st gen 12.9” 12/16, 10.5” iPad 9/17, now again 12.9”? I haven’t upgraded my iPhone X this year so I switched to iPads? This new one has to last me for a couple more years. That’s why I’m thinking the 1TB one.

Almost forgot: 9.7” iPad Pro 3/16 and iPad Air 2 11/15.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I’m looking ahead. I can’t keep buying iPads every year. 1st gen 12.9” 12/16, 10.5” iPad 9/17, now again 12.9”? I haven’t upgraded my iPhone X this year so I switched to iPads? This new one has to last me for a couple more years. That’s why I’m thinking the 1TB one.

It's your money but your logic if flawed, as there is actually nothing wrong with the older iPad Pro's and nothing they can't run. Spending an additional $400 is not saving you from updating in a couple years, as the chances are slim do none that in 2-years the 2018 Gen 3 iPad Pro 12.9 will be outdated and only the 1TB version won't work. Spending extra on something not needed is more of a waste of funds in my opinion. However it's your money. I spent $1K on a light-bar from my car.. and 8 out of 10 will think it's a waste, but I like it and I use it.. so it's my choice. Just as this is yours.

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

I know. I’m looking at $75 a month for the 512gb one compared to $44 a month I’m paying now for the 10.5”. The thing is I want the bigger screen. But money wise it’s $20 more a month. That’s why I’m still undecided. The $20 is a hour and a half of work more a month. But I have to see what that’s going to do for me. 1TB and 6gb of RAM. Do I need it? I don’t know? I have a 14 day window but there’s probably a restocking fee of some amount that I don’t want to pay. I have to see. I won’t order it until the end of the month.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

Well it’s done. Ordered the 12.9” 1TB from At&t this morning. $95 plus $10 line charge for 20 months. The 10.5” iPad Pro will be sold tomorrow for $400 with cellular and the speck case. Going to buy the Smart Keyboard from Apple and see how it is. Delivery time is 12/12-12/19. Maybe it’ll come early.

Everything is being done on the At&t app. The $114 tax is being added to next months bill plus a $30 charge for activation fee. Have to talk to them and see if they’ll waive it.

Will let you know when it comes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox