Idk if I’m keeping my pencil. Did any one regret buying it ?
    11-09-2018 06:53 AM
    I suppose I regretted it. I mean, I made use of it, but it didn’t do anything that I couldn’t have done with my previous styluses. If I were an artist, I’m sure I would feel differently.
    11-09-2018 07:32 AM
    Really? No regrets here at all. I'm not an artist, can barely draw a stick figure but I do take a fair amount of handwritten notes.

I'm actually trying to find a home for the original pencil, since I traded in the 1st gen iPad Pro.

11-09-2018 08:18 AM
    What app you use for the handwritten notes. Is there a way for instance instead of me using the onscreen keyboard to type this I could use the pencil.

Really? No regrets here at all. I'm not an artist, can barely draw a stick figure but I do take a fair amount of handwritten notes.

I'm actually trying to find a home for the original pencil, since I traded in the 1st gen iPad Pro.
    11-09-2018 11:13 AM
    There's a built in app called Notes, which isn't bad but does the job. I'm using a well known app called Notability. Even the iOS versions of Microsoft Word and OneNote allows you to write with the pencil.

You can't use the Pencil for websites like this, that still requires a keyboard.

What app you use for the handwritten notes. Is there a way for instance instead of me using the onscreen keyboard to type this I could use the pencil.
    COMMISSIONERHBK9 likes this.
    11-09-2018 12:26 PM
    Still loving my 9.7" IPP and original Pencil. Use it daily.
    11-09-2018 01:02 PM
    I don’t know if I regret getting this. Idk what to do
    11-09-2018 01:19 PM
    What were the reasons you initially purchased the pencil?

I don’t know if I regret getting this. Idk what to do
    11-09-2018 01:24 PM
    I think it was an impulse buy But I went an talk to the apple rep and he told me an app that I can write out my text but now that app is removed So I need to find an altertative

What were the reasons you initially purchased the pencil?
    11-10-2018 03:22 AM
    The only reason I first got the iPad Pro 10.5 was because of the pencil. The improved pencil is one of the main reasons I got the 12.9.
    COMMISSIONERHBK9 likes this.
    11-10-2018 03:27 AM
    I have a feeling I’m going to love it considering how much I’ve loved the original.
    11-10-2018 10:09 AM
    For some reason returning the pencil feels like... I love the new car I just got, but I am returning the tires. Not getting new ones mind you, but just keeping the car tire free.
    11-10-2018 01:54 PM
    As I predicted, I love it. And it stays on my iPad the magnet is good. I have zero bad things to say about the iPad or the pencil and I love the cover too.
    11-15-2018 09:21 PM
    I love the pencil. I’m a mortgage loan originator. I speak to clients daily and write notes with every conversation. I am using notability and the Apple Pencil. I write the same thing with every client but it’s so useful when creating an actual loan file for them so that I’m not asking them the same questions multiple times. Of course I write their name, purchase price, down payment/loan amount. Property address and taxes, if any of the down payment is coming from a gift. I take notes on who’s going to be on the loan and their employment history as well as their debt/liabilities. If all of this information I then use the Apple Pencil to then do calculations based off of all of that information to figure out their affordability and what loan program I can put them in.

I had the original iPad Pro and pencil since launch and this totally eliminated the need to carry around a notepad. I feel this Apple Pencil tops the 1st gen because it’s always charged!!! I had stopped using the 1sr gen because whenever I went to use it, it was dead and the way to charge it was a pain. That problem has been eliminated and I am so happy that I upgrade and didn’t skimp. I did have the original folio but opted not to get it this time because I rarely used it compared to the pencil. Plus I have the apple wireless keyboard that should substitute just if needed.
    11-23-2018 09:38 AM
    Got the pencil last week. Besides just charging it, I haven’t really used it yet. I had the first pencil and returned it after a week. Than bought it again after a couple of months and didn’t really use it. Hope I didn’t just waste $130.
    12-23-2018 07:50 PM
    Unless you are into drawing, Note taking - Pencil might not be for you...
    12-26-2018 09:12 AM
    Unless you are into drawing, Note taking - Pencil might not be for you...
    Well I paid for it, might as well try using it.
    12-26-2018 05:15 PM
    Other than the charging advantage, I’m not sure about ‘improvements’ over the first gen pencil. I’m a note-taker, and it’s the reason I have the 10.5 iPad and now the 12.9. I don’t feel that there is any difference in writing with the 2nd gen pencil. However, I love my 12.9 real estate, especially for magazine reading.
    12-31-2018 06:52 PM
    Other than the charging advantage, I’m not sure about ‘improvements’ over the first gen pencil. I’m a note-taker, and it’s the reason I have the 10.5 iPad and now the 12.9. I don’t feel that there is any difference in writing with the 2nd gen pencil. However, I love my 12.9 real estate, especially for magazine reading.
    I didn’t use the 1st gen hardly at all. If even by a little now I seem to be using the new one more than I did the other one for as long as I had the old one. Just have to get use to the double tapping instead of the pointing as with the other one.
    01-01-2019 07:50 AM
    Use mine every day for note taking and sketching.
    06-13-2019 04:54 PM
    Speaking of the pencil...
    Anyone like to use coloring book apps? I recently discovered these and I use them to relax if I’m feeling anxious (which is often). It’s a rather simplistic way of using the pencil but if you have an anxiety problem it’s super meditative and centering.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-15-2019 08:26 PM
    It’s been about 6 months since I got the new Apple Pencil. Mostly it’s been sitting in the drawer. Now I know I’ve probably wasted $130. I guess Apple seen me coming. Oh well.
    06-21-2019 07:32 PM
    Deleted
    Last edited by EarleD; 07-15-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    07-15-2019 07:59 AM