Did anyone get the keyboard case from Apple? What are your thoughts?

Does it offer protection on the back of the iPad?
    Do the keys light up?
    In a closed position how much does it add to thickness of iPad?

My patience is running thin on Logitech getting their ish together and releasing one soon so I’ve been thinking about just pulling the trigger on the Apple keyboard
    11-08-2018 04:48 PM
    The keys don’t light up and the rest I can answer in a few days when my keyboard arrives. My rep was slow on the order so I didn’t have it on launch day.
    11-08-2018 05:03 PM
    The keys don’t light up and the rest I can answer in a few days when my keyboard arrives. My rep was slow on the order so I didn’t have it on launch day.
    Keys don’t light up smh they alone might be a deal breaker for me. Bush league Apple, bush league
    11-08-2018 05:04 PM
    No generation of the Apple keyboard cases for the iPad was / are backlit. I have the Logitech Slim / Combo on my iPad Pro 10.5 and I really like it. But since it's not out, I got the Apple Keyboard / Folio. It's OK, but as others have said, it does not stay attached very well, and the keyboard itself is meh! A lot of meh for $200.
    11-08-2018 10:59 PM
    No generation of the Apple keyboard cases for the iPad was / are backlit. I have the Logitech Slim / Combo on my iPad Pro 10.5 and I really like it. But since it's not out, I got the Apple Keyboard / Folio. It's OK, but as others have said, it does not stay attached very well, and the keyboard itself is meh! A lot of meh for $200.
    Thanks for the heads up. I also have the Logitech keyboard for 1G 12.9”. Your review seals the deal for me. Guess I’ll keep waiting for Logitech to make this happen.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-09-2018 05:51 AM
    A back lit keyboard would make no sense let alone be impossible with the smart connector. With the screen brightness moderately up it can be seen easily, let alone i might say this keyboard is almost as good as the magic keyboard on my iMac. The click of the keys is satisfying, not to the extent of the magic keyboard but it doesn’t feel cheap or plasticky like most iPad keyboard cases.
    11-10-2018 12:36 PM
    A back lit keyboard would make no sense let alone be impossible with the smart connector. With the screen brightness moderately up it can be seen easily, let alone i might say this keyboard is almost as good as the magic keyboard on my iMac. The click of the keys is satisfying, not to the extent of the magic keyboard but it doesn’t feel cheap or plasticky like most iPad keyboard cases.
    My 1G iPad Pro 12.9” has a Logitech Keyboard Case connects via the smart connector and has a backlit keyboard so it is possible, just an FYI. And as far the screen providing enough light for the keyboard, I prefer a backlit keyboard since I’m used to it and on a plan when it’s dark and I have my screen brightness on low so as to not disturb a sleeping neighbor that backlit keyboard comes through in the clutch
    ladyc0524 and dazzlingirl like this.
    11-10-2018 12:52 PM
    Your neighbor?? Is it a lighthouse or a backlit keyboard?

.....I prefer a backlit keyboard since I’m used to it and on a plan when it’s dark and I have my screen brightness on low so as to not disturb a sleeping neighbor that backlit keyboard comes through in the clutch
    11-10-2018 02:06 PM

Impossible? Been using the Logitech Slim Combo case with a backlit keyboard for my iPad Pro 10.5 and not only is it possible, it's great.
    ladyc0524 and TechnologyTwitt like this.
    11-10-2018 02:55 PM
    I got the Smart Keyboard folio and while I don't mind that its thinner, I do prefer to have the sides covered (minor gripe) but my real issue is in how you have to hold it with the keyboard folded backwards, it is awkward to hold. You can only hold it on the left backside so you don't press on the keys. Annoying but I can deal with it.
    12-01-2018 11:31 AM
    I think it is less awkward to hold than the original Folio Keyboard case. I am liking the this version of the case.
    12-03-2018 04:58 PM
    I got the Smart Keyboard folio and while I don't mind that its thinner, I do prefer to have the sides covered (minor gripe) but my real issue is in how you have to hold it with the keyboard folded backwards, it is awkward to hold. You can only hold it on the left backside so you don't press on the keys. Annoying but I can deal with it.
    I don’t have the Smart Keyboard folio, just the smart folio. You could buy the smart folio case for $100 more and use that when your not using the keyboard.

Just an idea.
    12-03-2018 09:59 PM
    I’m returning the one I just bought. I like to keep my iPad in a case, and just bought a nice Pad & Quill leather case. With the new keyboard folio covering the entire back of the keyboard, the case won’t work. With any other protective case, the iPad likewise would have to be removed to affix the keyboard. That’s a non-starter for me. I’ll find a cheap BT keyboard to keep in my bag that will work with my case.
    12-11-2018 08:06 PM