AT&T Preorder Thread

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so who preordered from AT&T? What was your window of delivery, date/time preordered and did you get shipping notification yet?

I ordered Nov. 1 at 7:40 with a window of November 9-16.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have problems with deliveries at my house. IF IF I’m buying the new 12.9” with cellular I’m going to Best Buy.

BB will not have the LTE models for on site purchase for a while. Hopefully by Xmas, but who knows. It's why I got Wifi Only this time around, plus I don't use my LTE very much.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I do. I don’t like using public WiFi that much. When I’m on my 15” MacBook Pro the norton security pops up sometimes and says this network is not secure. For example, McDonald’s is supposed to have At&t WiFi at some places. It says it not secure. Probably because all you have to do is log on and your in.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Looking for feedback (since this is an AT&T thread). I have an iPhone & Apple watch on AT&T and existing iPad on T-Mobile (data only, 5Gb, $40/month).

AT&T confirms I can just add my (new) iPad to my account (which has 6GB /month) for $10 plus taxes. Looks like a no brainer $30/month savings.

Thoughts?

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
That is what my plan is. I bought my first LTE with the iPad 3. I originally didn't activate the data on it. But when I wanted to, I just walking into ATT and asked for it to be added. $10 a month to share my data and have never looked back.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I did not order from AT&T this time, I ordered w/o LTE from BB, but thank's to BB they over sold and under-stocked, so even though they have the iPad-Pro ready today, they have nothing else, no pen, no keyboard, not even Apple Care, how can you NOT have Apple Care in stock? So... I canceled.

However Apple Store / Seattle (about 75-80 min South) has the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 512 with Wifi/LTE in stock, along with all the other stuff for pick up today. But since I have to go to Seattle tomorrow, I will just get it then. That being said, my current iPad Pro is on AT&T with LTE, as is my iPhone XS Max and my Apple Watch Series 4.

So... since the Apple Store has the LTE I will not cancel my AT&T plan and keep the LTE going. It is nice to not worry about Wifi, but some of the areas I go, I can't even get a Cell Signal, but the other Verizon phones I have (for communities where i am waiting to hire, plus the home sales phone) all work. AT&T is just not as "connected" as Verizon, but I am not dealing with changing over yet.

Sad thing about going from Best Buy to Apple Store is the $200 extra in sales tax.. Oh well.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
We get a nice discount on ATT service (better than Verizon offers us) so that I why I am with them. I love having the ability to leave my phone at home and just take my series 4 lte Apple Watch and iPad Pro with lte with me. (meaning I forget to take my phone with me a lot...lol).

As a follow up, I got the iPad Pro delivered yesterday via overnight from ATT. So my window of Nov 9-16 turned into first thing in the morning on release day. Just need to make my way to the apple store to get my apple care.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned before that Best Buy screwed up and when you came to pick up your order they were OOS. So I placed an order with Apple on the 7th and picked up today when I had time to drive the 70 miles.. so what about AT&T is this about.

When I got to the hotel tonight and got my device restored I contacted AT&T to activate the cellular (12.9 Pro Wifi/Cellular) and the person on the phone said.. we can't activate it, since you did not buy from AT&T.

What? I did not buy my Xs-Max or my Apple Watch Series 4 from AT&T, I got it unlocked from Apple, so why can't you activate the iPad? I have my EID / IMEI my account info, my pin code.. what is so hard.. Answer = We don't know where you got it from, it could be stolen, you need to go to an AT&T Store.. WTF? Going on 10 years with AT&T and 5 linked devices.

So I went to AT&T Chat, got it activated in about 10-min... they apologized. Really some reps at AT&T should not talk to live customers! I was 10-seconds from opening a Verizon account.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I mentioned before that Best Buy screwed up and when you came to pick up your order they were OOS. So I placed an order with Apple on the 7th and picked up today when I had time to drive the 70 miles.. so what about AT&T is this about.

When I got to the hotel tonight and got my device restored I contacted AT&T to activate the cellular (12.9 Pro Wifi/Cellular) and the person on the phone said.. we can't activate it, since you did not buy from AT&T.

What? I did not buy my Xs-Max or my Apple Watch Series 4 from AT&T, I got it unlocked from Apple, so why can't you activate the iPad? I have my EID / IMEI my account info, my pin code.. what is so hard.. Answer = We don't know where you got it from, it could be stolen, you need to go to an AT&T Store.. WTF? Going on 10 years with AT&T and 5 linked devices.

So I went to AT&T Chat, got it activated in about 10-min... they apologized. Really some reps at AT&T should not talk to live customers! I was 10-seconds from opening a Verizon account.

I had Att for 13 years. Worst customer service ever if you had to call the call center. Worst ever. Their training must be god awful. I don’t miss the Death Star one bit.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had Att for 13 years. Worst customer service ever if you had to call the call center. Worst ever. Their training must be god awful. I don’t miss the Death Star one bit.

I live in a large log cabin... and due to the walls being super thick I often can't use my AT&T Phone. We use Verizon for our biz phones (I just use a Vert-# for mine) but we give out iPhone SE's to our teams.. when I terminate, I have a few lying around until I re-hire. I find the Verizon works.. so I may switch anyway. Verizon will cost me about $35 a month more, but maybe I won't be called a thief. I looked at by Bill Pay Sheet and just for service I have paid AT&T just under $20,000.00. Not asking for special service, but it would be nice to not call a loyal customer a crook.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I live in a large log cabin... and due to the walls being super thick I often can't use my AT&T Phone. We use Verizon for our biz phones (I just use a Vert-# for mine) but we give out iPhone SE's to our teams.. when I terminate, I have a few lying around until I re-hire. I find the Verizon works.. so I may switch anyway. Verizon will cost me about $35 a month more, but maybe I won't be called a thief. I looked at by Bill Pay Sheet and just for service I have paid AT&T just under $20,000.00. Not asking for special service, but it would be nice to not call a loyal customer a crook.

I don’t blame you one bit. I would have flown of the handle.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would you not opt to just get it from Apple since they're in stock now?

I’m assuming they don’t want to pay retail on a 1 TB device and want to finance it to their Att account. I financed mine through Tmobile. Much easier to pay $229 down than to pay $949 plus tax at Apple store.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I’m assuming they don’t want to pay retail on a 1 TB device and want to finance it to their Att account. I financed mine through Tmobile. Much easier to pay $229 down than to pay $949 plus tax at Apple store.

I would agree. I finance my iPad because I get an $800 a year tech allotment each year. Thus, if I finance for no interest, I can use two years of my tech allotment to pay it off.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I would agree. I finance my iPad because I get an $800 a year tech allotment each year. Thus, if I finance for no interest, I can use two years of my tech allotment to pay it off.

I almost bought a 64 GB cellular 11” at apple store on launch day. Was $1040 with tax. I changed my mind and ordered from Tmobile that night and paid $229 down and then it’s $30 a month. Did that and got it on Friday. Well worth waiting 2 days to save $800 out of pocket.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73