Using the new iPad Pro to browse the web and watch Netflix is a waste, but you know darn well many people will use it for just that.

Share your ideas for what you're taking up or going to use it for to utilize all the horsepower this thing will have.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-02-2018 03:41 PM
    I don’t have an iPad Pro anymore and I did not purchase the latest model. Having said that, I get a kick out of people talk about specs and it’s speed, etcetera, but only use the device to watch movies, YouTube videos, read ebooks or send and receive email.
    11-02-2018 03:52 PM
    I don't have an iPad Pro. But if I did, I'd use it to do photoshop. There's some nice photoshop apps for iOS, and they use a lot of power.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-02-2018 05:00 PM
    Business = Emails, Documents, Signing PDF, Excel, Word. Now I use MS Remote Desktop to use our company's management software. Also for calendar, managing my schedule and keeping notes / projects updated.

I am also finishing up some photography books "Asylum III, Women who keep Portland Weird, etc..) so excited about Native Photoshop, it's the main reason I jumped to 12.9. Since I already have a full Adobe Creative Cloud account, hoping it's not an upcharge to use on the iPad Pro.

Personally I read a lot at night, so even though I have a couple Kindle's, I mostly use them for reading outside. But I read the news on my iPad, listen to music at the hotels, etc. It's a mixed bag.

I think I can now consider it as an 80% laptop when traveling.
    11-02-2018 06:22 PM
    I certainly hope so, but will developers push apps that will take advantage of the power inside it?
    11-03-2018 07:46 AM
    You nailed it - many apps are mostly fluff, bells & whistles instead of true practicality & function.

To have a device that is essentially 100,000 times more powerful than the computers in the original lunar modules, I think developers need to step up and produce much more effective applications. The limitation isn't the device.

I certainly hope so, but will developers push apps that will take advantage of the power inside it?
    Last edited by TechnologyTwitt; 11-03-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling, punctuation
    11-03-2018 11:20 AM
    You nailed it - many apps are mostly fluff, bells & whistles instead of true practicality & function.

To have a device that is essentially 100,000 times more powerful than the computers in the original lunar modules, I think developers need to step up and produce much more effective applications. The limitation isn't the device.
    One I forgot to mention is iScape https://iscapeit.com -- Just started using it on the iPad 10.5 Pro, and looking forward to the bigger screen. One of my functions (about 10%) is home sales, and I need to get them on the NWMLS before the landscape goes in... so for me, this is huge.
    11-03-2018 12:48 PM
    My iPad has been my main device for 2 years. When I get the new one in 3 weeks, it’ll just be easier because my current iPad is sputtering its last , lol.
    11-04-2018 02:39 PM
    That's a nice teaser...

Which one do you have, which one are you upgrading to? Main device? What do you use it for?

My iPad has been my main device for 2 years. When I get the new one in 3 weeks, it’ll just be easier because my current iPad is sputtering its last , lol.
    11-05-2018 06:02 AM
    That's a nice teaser...

Which one do you have, which one are you upgrading to? Main device? What do you use it for?
    I currently have the original 9.7 pro, upgrading to the 12.9 pro 2018.
    I’m retired so “for everything” doesn’t mean coding at PHD level, but everything the average person might do on a laptop I do on my iPad.
    11-05-2018 08:17 AM
    I bought the 10.5” one in September 2017. I have the 2017 15” MacBook Pro. Thinking about selling the 10.5” and getting the new 12.9” one. At first until I learn something, it’s probably going to be used for iTunes movies and gaming. The 15” device is now staying home because of the weather.
    11-05-2018 01:43 PM
    So we’re a few days in since the iPad has been released & many (like myself) have received their new devices. Is it everything you thought it would be?

I’m very happy with mine (256GB + cellular). It replaced my 1st Gen 128GB +cellular. Everything is SO much snappier and the screen is absolutely stunning. Am I pushing it - nope, but I not afraid to admit the limitation isn’t the device.
    11-09-2018 05:05 PM
    So we’re a few days in since the iPad has been released & many (like myself) have received their new devices. Is it everything you thought it would be?

I’m very happy with mine (256GB + cellular). It replaced my 1st Gen 128GB +cellular. Everything is SO much snappier and the screen is absolutely stunning. Am I pushing it - nope, but I not afraid to admit the limitation isn’t the device.
    When you say 1st Gen you mean 1st Gen Pro, correct?
    11-09-2018 05:17 PM
    Yup

When you say 1st Gen you mean 1st Gen Pro, correct?
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    11-09-2018 06:55 PM
    Yup
    I didn’t think you meant the actual 1st Gen iPad.
    11-09-2018 10:00 PM