Has anyone seen any Keyboard Cases for new iPad?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen any Keyboard Cases for new iPad? Not a fan of the Apple Smart Keyboard. I currently have a Logitech Folio Keyboard Case for my 1G and would love the same one. 6 days away and I need to find one STAT!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Keyboard Cases

Has anyone seen any Keyboard Cases for new iPad? Not a fan of the Apple Smart Keyboard. I currently have a Logitech Folio Keyboard Case for my 1G and would love the same one. 6 days away and I need to find one STAT!

No, will be a while... I emailed Logitech since I wanted the Slim Combo as I am using on my iPad 10.5 Pro, but they don't have a "public" date yet.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Once Brydge www.brydge.com has theirs available it will be good option. Makes your iPad Pro into a laptop and you can easily remove the iPad Pro to use it solo.

As mentioned above, I love the Logitech / backlit. But this one looks very nice too. I added my email to the mailing list and will look again if/when it's available for the 2018 12.9 Pro. Thanks.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

Thinking about just getting a stand alone Bluetooth keyboard and a case for the iPad. More to carry but I not a fan of the Smart Keyboard.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Nah... For me the whole point of a tablet is to do away with the keyboard.

I had this feeling for many years until I used my friend’s iPad with a keyboard case and I ended up purchasing the Anker Keyboard Case for my iPad Air 2 and when I saw how much screen space I reclaimed by not using the on screen keyboard I fell in love and haven’t looked back since. Plus the keyboard case is awesome when I’m traveling and use it to watch movies. I just got back from NOLA and binged The Haunting of Hill House and love the way it sits

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I had this feeling for many years until I used my friend’s iPad with a keyboard case and I ended up purchasing the Anker Keyboard Case for my iPad Air 2 and when I saw how much screen space I reclaimed by not using the on screen keyboard I fell in love and haven’t looked back since. Plus the keyboard case is awesome when I’m traveling and use it to watch movies. I just got back from NOLA and binged The Haunting of Hill House and love the way it sits

No no no no no: I am now in money saving mode, I’m not listening, lalalalalalalala

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Same - I actually really like the onscreen keyboard, for my usage especially, a paragraph the most for any given task, it's fine. For all other data input, I use the Pencil.

Since I use it for a "pseudo" laptop replacement and I have to run business software input the on-tablet keyboard is an issue as it covers up the screens through MS Remote Client, so I use smart keyboards.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I can’t believe it’s been over 2 weeks and they still haven’t released any 3rd party Keyboard cases. I’m convinced that Apple threatened Logitech or something like that. I’m into conspiracy theories or maybe Logitech has been really busy acquiring Plantronics to design a Keyboard.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

I can’t believe it’s been over 2 weeks and they still haven’t released any 3rd party Keyboard cases. I’m convinced that Apple threatened Logitech or something like that. I’m into conspiracy theories or maybe Logitech has been really busy acquiring Plantronics to design a Keyboard.

Love the conspiracy theory. Haha. I put my name on the list for the Brydge keyboard as well. I thought about the keyboard folio but chose to wait on that to see what other options come up. I also have a wireless Apple keyboard that I can use if I really needed it. I don’t do too much typing on it so it’s not a priority.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Love the conspiracy theory. Haha. I put my name on the list for the Brydge keyboard as well. I thought about the keyboard folio but chose to wait on that to see what other options come up. I also have a wireless Apple keyboard that I can use if I really needed it. I don’t do too much typing on it so it’s not a priority.

I looked into the Brydge but I hope they release a black version. I signed up just to see what they release, hopefully it connects via the smart connector and not Bluetooth

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Threatned them with what? Lol. Sometimes third party things just take a while. You never see Mophie come out with a battery case right out of the gate for the newest iPhones every year. Sometimes they take up to 4 months to release one.

Just be patient because the last thing we need are 3rd party companies rushing things out to market that are half-baked or have issues that could easily be resolved with some time in testing.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Here’s a screenshot of the email

4509455fb85922053513dfb85ca73a51.jpg

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just received an email from Brydge yesterday. Looks like they are preparing theirs to launch soon. Although it doesn’t look like it’s going to take advantage of the dock connector which kind of sucks. It’s either Bluetooth or via USB C, but that’ll look awkward typing with a cable coming out of the side of the device.

https://mashable.com/article/ipad-pro-keyboard-brydge/

I got the email as well and I’m bummed out it’s not taking advantage of the smart connector. Might have to take the L here and just settle

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Is the Apple keyboard an option for you guys or is it not. I’ve usually used a Bluetooth one but I’m kind of looking at the Apple one. It’s just the price that’s stopping me. I’ve already bought the smart folio case. Don’t know if shelling out another $200 for the Smart Keyboard is worth it. I really don’t type that much anyways.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’m waiting for the Apple Edition version of the Smart Keyboard Folio (made from ceramic) that will cost $999.00, $199.00 seems so... blue collar.
I want people to immediately recognize my status, and nothing will say that more than my ceramic Apple Edition Smart Keyboard Folio.
/s

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner