The change to USB-C as a deterrent to upgrading?

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am usually an early adaptor (ie, launch) for the new iPhones and iPads.

The change to USB-C, however, has me thinking about whether or not to jump to a new iPad from my 2017 Pro.

Neither of my iMacs (the newest being at my office from last December) or my MacBook Air (infrequently used, thanks to the Pro) have USB-C. I presume I'll need adapters to plug in there?

And then I'll need all new chargers for home, office and travel?

It just seems like a hassle and I'm not really appreciating any new functionality from USB-C on the iPad, other than possibly being after to charge my phone in a pinch.

Am I right? Am I wrong? Talk me out of it or into it. Haha.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing that the USB-C is more of a deterrent than anything. I will only be able to charge that one product with usb-c. I don’t have any other devices. Even though I don’t like the idea of change, still going to purchase it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Curious, will the original Apple Pencil still pair & charge the same way with the new iPad Pro?

Nope. The new pencil is wireless charging and the original is lightning charged. They are not interchangeable. The new pencil is only compatible with the new iPads.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully, my Nintendo Switch has me all ready for an iPad refresh if I upgrade from my 9.7” Pro.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected. They offer an adapter. But a USB-C to USB-A cable is cheap. Just make sure it has solid connector and not a two piece. I bought a ten-foot one for like $20 at Best Buy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox