Office 365

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can answer my question or at least point me in the right direction.

I’ve paid for an annual subscription to office 365 and have been using it without issues on my MacBook Pro and iPad mini (and a Galaxy S9 :rolleyes: ) and have been able to create and edit.

Now I’ve just purchased an 11 inch iPad Pro and have downloaded Word, Excel and Power Point. I can see and review documents that I’ve created but I can’t edit them. When i try and restore the purchases I get a message that says:

This Apple ID doesn’t have a paid office 365 subscription

Now, I can see that my subscription is valid so I’m at a bit of a loss as to why I’m seeing this message and can’t edit my documents on my new iPad.

I’ve come across one post that mentions mobile devices over 10.1 inch are classed and a Mac/PC subscription.

Is this correct or am I missing something here?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My one thought is you've hit a subscription limit. I think most Office 365 Personal subscriptions limit you to being signed onto a maximum of five devices at a time -- it is possible you need to sign out of Office on one of your other devices first.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

If you read the article, "Starting on October 2nd, Office 365 Personal users can sign into five concurrent devices at the same time. They can load the Office apps onto multiple devices, but only be signed into five." My understanding, if you sign in and select the stay signed in option, then you'll hit your limit of five devices, even though you are only actually using one copy at a particular time.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are within the device count log out including with OneDrive app. Then log in again with the credentials you know work with a desktop browser session.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
A bit of an update, just had a web chat with Microsoft and it seems that although iTunes took my payment for the subscription, Microsoft have no record of it on their side...

I’ve emailed Apple now, let’s see what happens next.

As for limits, I only have it 3 devices.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You have to log in with your MS account user name and password, not your Apple ID.

Also MS Office is free on screens below 10 inches, and the 10.1” iPad just exceeds that. At least that used to be the policy.

I pay my yearly Office subscription through MS and don’t have any hassles with Apple being a middle man.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yup, been using my MS credentials, according to MS the service was cancelled and is out of their hands. To be fair to them, they have given me 3 months free to get me back up and running, they didn’t have to do that.

I’ll see what joy I get out of Apple, but next time, I’ll cut out the middle man too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711