Has anyone checked out Apple repair prices??!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Be careful with your new iPad!
I logged into support, clicked on my 11" iPad Pro and clicked on cracked screen. $502 for the repair! Even worse, water/other damage was $802. More than the $799 I paid (64GB model). I'm sure this is the flat fee for all models but sheesh!

Checked my XS Max, $329 for cracked screen but $1374 for water/other. (Mine is XS Max 512) Essentially a replacement device?

Definitely recommend Apple Care on these.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
The exact reason why I added Apple Care + to my 11” iPad Pro for $5.99 a month.

Lol that’s what I was going to say. If you buy it from an Apple store they now have the option to add the AppleCare for the just $6 per month which I don’t understand why anyone WOULDN’T do it.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
This is the first year I have purchased AppleCare for all of my mobile devices, iPad Pro 11 512, iPhone XS Max 256, and Apple Watch 4 Cellular. Things are getting to the point they are too expensive to replace out of pocket. And I plan on keeping each of these for at least a couple years so it just makes sense.

Those repair prices are ridiculous!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those repair prices are ridiculous!
It’s just business. I’d like to think that the percentage of people who actually damage their devices compared to those who do not is small. Let’s say, for the sake of the thread, that 1000 people purchased an iPhone X. 10% damaged the display. 5% of those who damaged the display didn’t have Apple Care Plus. The 90% who purchased Apple Care Plus and didn’t damage their devices made Apple almost $90,000. That is far more the what the other 10% would pay out to get their devices repaired.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It’s just business. I’d like to think that the percentage of people who actually damage their devices compared to those who do not is small. Let’s say, for the sake of the thread, that 1000 people purchased an iPhone X. 10% damaged the display. 5% of those who damaged the display didn’t have Apple Care Plus. The 90% who purchased Apple Care Plus and didn’t damage their devices made Apple almost $90,000. That is far more the what the other 10% would pay out to get their devices repaired.

Oh I get it. Thats always been my argument for not buying AppleCare. I've NEVER broken a device, screen or experienced water damage, and that's going back to the iPhone 2g days. So why am I going to just give Apple more money? Well, it used to be that paying out of pocket for a screen repair was cheaper than purchasing AppleCare if you only had to do it ONCE. Given my track record, I figured if it happened it probably wouldn't happen more than once. Sure it's a gamble, but the math made sense until here recently. The other part is I work from home and have for a few years now. So there are days that my devices don't even leave the house. I feel that significantly reduces the chances of something happening. But still, this year it just didn't make any sense not to do it. Things are way too expensive to handle out of pocket, and work will have me traveling a bit next year.

Another factor was the theft and loss coverage on the iPhone. I have some buddies in law enforcement and they say the number of mobile devices stolen, particularly iPhones, had increased significantly the past couple years. Some of the reports they get really make you realize how fast you could be out your $1200 iPhone while you are sitting at dinner at a restaurant with your phone sitting at the table, or how fast someone can snatch it out of your hand while walking in a store. People are jerks lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW