App Window Sizing

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else getting frustrated that apps/games haven't been updated to support the screen size? Most of the apps I use are "boxed" smaller than the screen. I don't remember this being an issue in years past when iPad screen sizes changed.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting frustrated that apps/games haven't been updated to support the screen size? Most of the apps I use are "boxed" smaller than the screen. I don't remember this being an issue in years past when iPad screen sizes changed.

Just my Duolingo app and it bothers me so I know how you must feel.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
The thing of it is, the screen resolution only changed every so slightly to accommodate the larger screen. And because its boxed in on both dimensions, it's probably not a resolution issue but rather a detection issue. Its detecting the device as an iPad mini or some other iPad type and using that smaller resolution.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Been almost a month and most of my apps are still displaying smaller than the actual screen size. You'd think that apple would mandate some sort of timeframe to be compatible with all devices?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I'd say the majority of apps have a 1/2" margin on sides (each side) and a 1/4" margin on the top and bottom. Popular apps, like Facebook and Clash of Clans. Then some random ones are full screen, like Facebook Messenger, Skype, Dropbox. Its more annoying than anything, I have this nice 11" screen and most of the apps I use aren't taking all of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen