Not able to use screen protectors. :/

jmerrey

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Got my Tech Armor yesterday. I noticed the sensitivity is off now. Some dead spots, slow response to touch, etc. Anyone else notice this?

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my Tech Armor yesterday. I noticed the sensitivity is off now. Some dead spots, slow response to touch, etc. Anyone else notice this?

I haven’t noticed anything like that honestly. My concern is trying to get used to writing with the Apple Pencil. Definitely more slick and I’m not sure how much I like it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I have noticed the same too. Didn’t notice right away but over time I did more of a problem with typing on occasion.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Started to notice the issue when I was typing as well. Funny you guys posted cause I was about to take mines off today and say F it. I’m sure it’ll come off eventually.

MikeF808

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the new otterbox defender for iPad Pro 11. Like everyone else, I’ve been having touch screen sensitivity problems with its built in screen protector. However, quite by accident, I made a discovery this evening. I plugged in my iPad to charge before getting into bed and proceeded to check my email. Guess what? The screen worked perfectly. Every touch recognized. For kicks, I unpluged the cable and the response problems returned. Plugged back in and problem went away again. Kept doing this over the course of 30 minutes with same results. What in the heck is going on here? Will somebody else please try this with whatever protector you happen to be using?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the new otterbox defender for iPad Pro 11. Like everyone else, I’ve been having touch screen sensitivity problems with its built in screen protector. However, quite by accident, I made a discovery this evening. I plugged in my iPad to charge before getting into bed and proceeded to check my email. Guess what? The screen worked perfectly. Every touch recognized. For kicks, I unpluged the cable and the response problems returned. Plugged back in and problem went away again. Kept doing this over the course of 30 minutes with same results. What in the heck is going on here? Will somebody else please try this with whatever protector you happen to be using?

I am not having any more touch sensitivity issues since started using the amFilm glass screen protector last month.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I’m still using the screen protector that I purchased upon Garz’ suggestion and have intermittent issues. However since I do use the Apple Pencil daily for taking notes for work, I decided to try the PaperLike screen protector a shot. I haven’t received it yet, I just ordered it the week before and it’s coming from Germany but I’m interested to see if it really does change the experience of using the Apple Pencil. I’ll post back results once I get it and have used it

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I’m still using the screen protector that I purchased upon Garz’ suggestion and have intermittent issues. However since I do use the Apple Pencil daily for taking notes for work, I decided to try the PaperLike screen protector a shot. I haven’t received it yet, I just ordered it the week before and it’s coming from Germany but I’m interested to see if it really does change the experience of using the Apple Pencil. I’ll post back results once I get it and have used it

Do let us know how the PaperLike screen protector works - I have been eyeing that for some time now but reviews are mixed...haven’t seen one with the new Pros though so your review will be useful!

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Ive had sensitivity issues with multiple tempered protectors. It’s most prevalent when the iPad is laying flat on the table, but also occasionally when propped and using pencil.

I just bought an iCarez matte that is supposed to be similar to the paperlike. Ill post an update after I install tonight.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Do let us know how the PaperLike screen protector works - I have been eyeing that for some time now but reviews are mixed...haven’t seen one with the new Pros though so your review will be useful!

So I’ve been using the paperlike for almost two weeks now and i have mixed feelings about it. I’ll start off by saying its a better experience than using a glass tempered screen protector. However I think that since I saw the reviews on his website, I had much higher expectations than normal for this to be an amazing product it turned out to be just meh.. There are certain parts of the screen where you do hear the pen and pen sound when writing, but its not the entire screen and then its not consistent. I plan on keeping it on because it is protecting my screen from scratches and does create some (very small) friction but its not a game changer... The package ships with two and its crossed my mind once or twice to take this one off and put on the other to see if that makes a difference, but since its only been two weeks I don’t want to feel like I am wasting a screen protector unnecessarily.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods