I have been setting up my iPad Pro 11 this morning, and it suddenly hit me: every “charging station” I have set up is now useless for my new iPad. The table by my bed, my desk at work, my desk at home, in the kitchen, everywhere! This is obvious now, but I certainly hadn’t thought this thru. What is everyone doing for new cables and plugs, aside from the 3 foot shorty included? I would think the smartest purchase would be a usb-a to usb-c cable, so the existing plugs can be reused. I don’t see one on Apples website, and I’m leery of the multitude of options on Amazon.

Aside from the obvious option of purchasing new usb-c plugs and cables, has anyone found a good option?
    11-09-2018 03:33 PM
    Hopefully, those who have the new iPad Pro model will reply soon.
    11-09-2018 07:08 PM
    Went through the same thing. My travel kit, Computer room (charging and syncing) work charger. I have spent a fortune on replacement cables and I have an iPhone Xs Max so I have to keep the charge and sync capability for it also. Technology marches on and we consumers keep buying the new "toys".
    11-09-2018 07:28 PM
    I learned my lesson a while back not to rely on Apple's ligthning cables, especially with my kids iDevices, and upgraded all my cables to Nomad 3-in-1 braided cables. They were a little pricey, but considering how many Apple lightning cables I was buying it made sense. It also allows me to connect to pretty much everything I need to charge with a single cable. The one I have at my desk can charge my new iPad (USB C), Apple Airpods (lightning), and Sony headphones (micro USB).

Of course I bought them when I caught them on sale or when I had enough reward certificates accumulated to soften the blow.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=585kxyuz
    jmerrey likes this.
    11-09-2018 07:34 PM
    I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I decided to bite the bullet and buy some USB-C chargers and cables. I purchased from the Apple website. One item was interesting:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...02&subId2=vbim

It is the same price as the 1m cable, so I ordered a few. It showed up today, and Wow! They are super thick and durable feeling, and make the included 1m cable feel like a poorly made presentation prop. I'm not sure if the pricing is a mistake (1m and 2m both $19.99), but it seems like a bargain. Keep in mind, I only use my cables for charging, so I can't speak to their usability for data transfer, video, etc.
    11-14-2018 03:50 PM
    I bought a package of Arktek USB-C to lightning adapter so that I can use any of my lightning cables by simply attaching the adapter. A package of 3 sells for $6.99 delivered from Amazon.
    Annie_8plus and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-16-2018 04:28 PM
    I bought a USB-C to USB-A cable from Target, a braided cable. Now I can charge it anywhere, but it will be slower charging.
    11-16-2018 08:48 PM
    On those aftermarket cables, is there any concern about voiding warranties, etc? I thought I read somewhere that it was a possibility? I'm not trying to be super conservative, but I do want to be careful. Maybe I just thought I read that?
    11-17-2018 09:02 AM
    Revisiting this, with my Apple Watch, iPad, and iPhone, I’m running out of wall plugs (3 devices, 2 plugs) when I’m not at home. Considering something like this, does anyone have any experience?

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/d...mUvbUpU3113768
    12-15-2018 10:43 AM