New iPad Pro 11-inch issues?

Jocelyn Ng

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi, wondering if anyone is experiencing the following issues with the new iPad. Just picked mine up today!

Gestures: 4/5 finger pinch and swipe up gestures do not work properly. Pinching can take me to both the home screen and the app switcher, and so can the swipe up gesture.

Sleep / wake button: maybe I'm missing something, but how do you turn the iPad off? Holding the sleep / wake button just activates Siri listening

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, wondering if anyone is experiencing the following issues with the new iPad. Just picked mine up today!

Gestures: 4/5 finger pinch and swipe up gestures do not work properly. Pinching can take me to both the home screen and the app switcher, and so can the swipe up gesture.

Sleep / wake button: maybe I'm missing something, but how do you turn the iPad off? Holding the sleep / wake button just activates Siri listening

If it’s like the new phones you turn it off in settings. Go to General then scroll to the bottom.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To power off the new iPads press and hold the sleep/awake button and the volume down button. You will get the slide to power off option.

To reset the iPad press, volume up, volume down, then press and hold the sleep awake until the apple logo comes up.

As for gesture issues, I am not experiencing any.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed a few issues with mine but it seems like its all app central. An example is swiping a video window in YouTube isn’t instant and sometime requires more than one swipe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2