split keyboard on new 11" ipad pro?

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i can't seem to get the split keyboard in the new 11" ipad pro like i could on my 9.7" ipad pro. holding the keyboard button on the bottom right does nothing.

please tell me this is still possible on this new ipad, otherwise i'll have to return it as i can't type on it to save my life.

usernamesarestupid

Nov 7, 2018
Visit site
i can't seem to get the split keyboard in the new 11" ipad pro like i could on my 9.7" ipad pro. holding the keyboard button on the bottom right does nothing.

please tell me this is still possible on this new ipad, otherwise i'll have to return it as i can't type on it to save my life.

I'm getting the same thing. I have a case open with Apple. The support guys say the 12.9 in is supposed to not split but they have no info that the 11 in is supposed to be the same. They also didn't yet have an 11in to check. I'm supposed to get a call back by Friday as I sent them all my logs.

Gregoriano

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing. I have a case open with Apple. The support guys say the 12.9 in is supposed to not split but they have no info that the 11 in is supposed to be the same. They also didn't yet have an 11in to check. I'm supposed to get a call back by Friday as I sent them all my logs.
I was in the apple store today for the new ipad pro 11 and found that it is impossible to split the keyboard. I asked the salesman how to do it, but he could not help me. It looks like it is impossible to split the keyboard in the new ipad pro 11. In the ip pro 10.5 that was next to it was not a problem. For now I have withheld the purchase because of that.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the 11in and pretty disappointed that I am not able to get the keyboard to go into split mode. That’s how I mainly used the keyboard on every other iPad I’ve had.

ahwman

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
I also have a case open with Apple support that has been esecalged to engineering. That said, I have also submitted a bug report for the iOS 12.1.1 beta. I can’t imagine that they would purposely remove the split keyboard without any forewarning especially since people like ourselves use it exclusively. It’s very frustrating! I’ve also noticed that the emoji and numeric keys have been swapped which was fixed in iOS 12.0.1, perhaps these two issues are related?

lentaylor99

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
Dumb....

lentaylor99

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
That’s dumb as hell. I have the new 12.9 and why wouldn’t they split that? It’s bigger? Thumb typing is tough with the number changer right ear the space bar. We need split keyboards we are pros!

mrknowita11

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
You can still split the keyboard by changing the display view to zoomed, then magically the split keyboard option is available,

Setting:display and brightness:view:zoomed

Then tap and hold the “keyboard symbol" and presto!

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
You can still split the keyboard by changing the display view to zoomed, then magically the split keyboard option is available,

Setting:display and brightness:view:zoomed

Then tap and hold the “keyboard symbol" and presto!

“Zoomed” does not show as an option in 12.1.1. What version iOS are you running? Am I missing something?68EFEBCA-02D1-4051-B38D-056C82833E68.png