Advice wanted: 64GB or 256GB

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was also worried about the same issue. However I have the 32gb first gen pro. I was able to get by with that so I’m thinking that I’ll save the money and go with the 64gb. I have cloud storage from both one drive and iCloud. The only thing I would really need the storage for is for photos. But with cloud storage it pretty much helps alleviate that issue.

Same exact story: the extra would be just for photos. I wouldn’t end up backing them up on an external hard drive (if iOS ever allows it) since I travel a lot so I can’t think of any other reason to go higher than 64GB.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got 64 GB and have 48 GB free. I have 67 GB’s photos but they store in iCloud Photo Library so it really doesn’t use any storage for the photos.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Been using iCloud Photo Library since it launched and never had an issue so I don’t store them anywhere else.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Value wise and re sale 64GB is better, Apples storage is ridiculous and makes no different to usage and what you can do, i just use iCloud for photos and videos. 4G is a must though, no GPS with wifi only and tethering is a pain. We get data share between all devices on our account so don't have to pay for seperate data plan.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Value wise and re sale 64GB is better, Apples storage is ridiculous and makes no different to usage and what you can do, i just use iCloud for photos and videos. 4G is a must though, no GPS with wifi only and tethering is a pain. We get data share between all devices on our account so don't have to pay for seperate data plan.

You are right. You won’t get dollar for dollar back on the additional storage.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

This is so true. I decided to return mines and get one through TMobile so I can use it independently without tethering. Heading out to the store today to do the swap.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I can’t store apps in the cloud and there isn’t always a good enough signal for videos or I might be on a plane. I could go with a 128 but not 64.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the 64GB 11-inch and maybe because there’s no home button, it does look like a computer. The screen feels HUGE! I had a 9.7 before.

One disappointment is the charging brick. I travel a lot and have the international adapter kit but the new charging brick doesn’t have the slide-out piece. Apple sells a USB-C one for $50! Instead, I bought a $12 USB-C to USB-A charging cable that I can plug into the regular charging bricks.

Last edited:

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the 64GB 11-inch and maybe because there’s no home button, it does look like a computer. The screen feels HUGE! I had a 9.7 before.

One disappointment is the charging brick. I travel a lot and have the international adapter kit but the new charging brick doesn’t have the slide-out piece. Apple sells a USB-C one for $50! Instead, I bought a $12 USB-C to USB-A charging cable that I can plug into the regular charging bricks.

That’s what I do but I also wish they used the brick with adapters.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly one week left for returns/exchanges and I think I’m going to upgrade the storage to the 256gb. I had my last iPad (the original pro) for two years and I think with this iPad I’m going to start editing my photos that I take with my DSLR on it. I feel that having the 256gb will give me more security so that I can freely upload those pics onto the iPad and not worry about running out of space anytime soon.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly one week left for returns/exchanges and I think I’m going to upgrade the storage to the 256gb. I had my last iPad (the original pro) for two years and I think with this iPad I’m going to start editing my photos that I take with my DSLR on it. I feel that having the 256gb will give me more security so that I can freely upload those pics onto the iPad and not worry about running out of space anytime soon.

I think you’re right if you plan on importing photos from a DSLR.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Here’s a few pics I edited using the Enlight Quickshot app from my trip to Paris. This was the reason I upgraded to the 256gb so that I didn’t have to worry about running out of space for this hobby! Enjoy!

09164c73b646471bcf354376bb4b25d6.jpg

b725b7b552356ea6262811d10cdd395f.jpg

740bed17a99121b1e431220c38a0ac23.jpg

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Such beautiful pics! Enlight app is incredible but I moved up to Enlight Photofox.

Are you on Instagram? We can follow each other. I’m @muchospanish

I was thinking of photofox. I might get it just to have. Been thinking about taking some photoshop classes because I want to really make the best of the pics I take. Yes I am. I’m india_d782! Just followed!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2